• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

"why would I care about a bunch of talentless freaks hating on it"​

Cracking Up Lol GIF

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I didn’t think they would pull the plug like that.. actual props for just taking it on the chin as a company loss wise.

People saying this is comparative to Redfall please sit back down.
I am willing to bet if Concord had Redfalls actual numbers they wouldn't have pulled the plug

Lets not glass over the fact Redfall was a full priced game that was "free" on Gamepass where most people likely played it

Concord didn't sniff Redfalls player count

And the statement someone made who cares about Steam CCU

everyone GIF

What other measurement do we have to judge a games success?

Don't know we're to start. It's always heartwarming seeing horrible people get a dose of reality. Seeing greedy companies / CEOs lose lots of money and face value. Seeing people who think the best way to support a group that's in the minority, is to attack and add hate labels to everyone else, then play martyr when truth and basic facts are applied. It's great seeing common sense actually prevailing over fake people and their fake sacrifices for their fake wars.

I honestly hope with these games, Dustborn and Concord, that it's the beginning of the end of these clout chasing, game industry ruining companies. I'm kinda sad that it wasn't EA or Ubisoft, would've been extra special. Guess having gambling kids and streamers helps EA, while Ubisoft has.....10% share drop in the last few days. Keep it going.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

Jaffe really has become a bit of a turtle as of late. The best part is saying that the game didn't fail because it's woke, then goes on to describe word for word exactly what wokeness is when he talks about the characters and why they are bad.

it's weird that people are so brainwashed that woke just means a skin color. It's always been about forced DEI and people creating the entertainment looking down and hating their audience, that is what woke is. it's got nothing to do with race gender etc.

Exactly woke has nothing to do with race or sexuality. I have gay friends who hate wokeness.

It's really mostly about revenge for a fake victimhood if you really think about it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Don't know we're to start. It's always heartwarming seeing horrible people get a dose of reality. Seeing greedy companies / CEOs lose lots of money and face value. Seeing people who think the best way to support a group that's in the minority, is to attack and add hate labels to everyone else, then play martyr when truth and basic facts are applied. It's great seeing common sense actually prevailing over fake people and their fake sacrifices for their fake wars.

I honestly hope with these games, Dustborn and Concord, that it's the beginning of the end of these clout chasing, game industry ruining companies. I'm kinda sad that it wasn't EA or Ubisoft, would've been extra special. Guess having gambling kids and streamers helps EA, while Ubisoft has.....10% share drop in the last few days. Keep it going.
Watch this Asmongold video, in particular from 9:30 onward which I linked. 100% correct. When it comes to media, there's always some kind of smarmy artsy attitude about it, which no other industry does selling product to customers.

It's like no people in the entire company from deisgners to sales to marketing has even done marketing in college where you learn the absolute basics about the 4 P's of marketing which are textbook business theory from like 100 years ago. Even a roman dude wearing a toga selling clay pots 2,000 years ago had some kind of business knowhow. He just didnt write it in a textbook.

Last edited:
Even if a game is a total failure, shutting it down like this is a shitty thing to do to the people who supported them by purchasing the game. At least they're giving full refunds but what about the people who bought it physical? (Was there a physical version?)

It likely is objectively. It had a 100+ million budget and made negative money. I doubt we ever see a bomb this bad ever again.

There's countless larger bombs than that. Some that never made it to market like Santa Monica's new IP on PS4 ($150+M failure). Some that did. Suicide Squad lost more guaranteed (hundreds of millions). Redfall probably lost a similar amount (though great job on the 2,000 peak player counts or whatever you folks are giddy about there) and it shut down the studio. You have Anthem that was a massive sink of money and flopped probably even more.

Yeah he said several times starting back in early June how great the gameplay looked even though just a page or two ago he said there was no gameplay showing off the game

Dude is going through it and is pretending to laugh at everyone else

The gameplay of Concord is not the cause of its failure. The gameplay and mechanics are very good. The package is about as unappealing as it gets with no long lasting progression systems and it's too complicated when it comes to teamwork for the CoD normies like yourself. And it cost money when its peers are free. That's why it failed.

I don't know why I should be ashamed at stating that the gameplay looked good. I'm not sure what you're talking about with no gameplay showing off the game, I'm talking about the marketing. It basically got stealth dropped and no one knew what it was until June.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
You must have bought stock in this game or something, never seen someone die so furiously on a hill like this

I can tell its stinging
He’s been coping this whole thread. He initially started out making an effort convince everyone that Concord as a project did not cost much. Then makes an effort to highlight that there have been larger financial sinks in the game industry, comparing it to Suicide Squad, a guise to minimise how bad of a flop Concord really is. Then he starts saying how it’s completely fine for Sony to write this off financially because the goal is to find 1 or 2 GaaS titles out of 12. So much cope it’s unbelievable.

JayK47

I sincerely hope the game industry is taking notes. Give gamers what they want. This game should have never been made.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The gameplay of Concord is not the cause of its failure. The gameplay and mechanics are very good. The package is about as unappealing as it gets with no long lasting progression systems and it's too complicated when it comes to teamwork for the CoD normies like yourself. And it cost money when its peers are free. That's why it failed.
Too complicated, people losing always try to make it personal

If you think a game like that was "complicated" don't play real shooters that require actual teamwork

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

He’s been coping this whole thread. He initially started out making an effort convince everyone that Concord as a project did not cost much. Then makes an effort to highlight that there have been larger financial sinks in the game industry, comparing it to Suicide Squad, a guise to minimise how bad of a flop Concord really is. Then he starts saying how it’s completely fine for Sony to write this off financially because the goal is to find 1 or 2 GaaS titles out of 12. So much cope it’s unbelievable.
Its fascinating to watch really, he will lose sleep tonight over this

Last edited:
Too complicated, people losing always try to make it personal

If you think a game like that was "complicated" don't play real shooters that require actual teamwork

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

Being complicated is a negative in this aspect, so not sure why you're laughing. It's too complicated for its own good. If you're an extremely hardcore player with teams that work together, it's pretty decently fleshed out but that doesn't work well with rando's which is how most people play.

Point gun at enemy, pull trigger, much complicated

That's what most people think the game plays like, but it's not. If only it were point gun, pull trigger, it would have been more appealing to the people that are used to that style of play.

You actually have to cycle through different team members, gain their perks, and make sure the teamplay is pretty balanced between the various classes. It's a little convoluted with the asynchronous gameplay and most never even grasped it even in the beta.

If you're going into it as someone that just wants to shoot things and have fun, you're going to get destroyed by a team that actually uses the compliment of gameplay systems on offer.

Last edited:
That's what most people think the game plays like, but it's not. If only it were point gun, pull trigger, it would have been more appealing to the people that are used to that style of play.

You actually have to cycle through different team members, gain their perks, and make sure the teamplay is pretty balanced between the various classes. It's a little convoluted with the asynchronous gameplay and most never even grasped it even in the beta.

If you're going into it as someone that just wants to shoot things and have fun, you're going to get destroyed by a team that actually uses the compliment of gameplay systems on offer.
So what you're saying is, it's S Tier stuff?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Being complicated is a negative in this aspect, so not sure why you're laughing. It's too complicated for its own good. If you're an extremely hardcore player with teams that work together, it's pretty decently fleshed out but that doesn't work well with rando's which is how most people play.
Laughing because you implied I couldn't handle such hard game mechanics like team work simply because I enjoy playing COD

I never played Concord thankfully but I can't imagine its teamwork is remotely close to what a game like Hell Let Loose takes to be successful in

Laughing because you implied I couldn't handle such hard game mechanics like team work simply because I enjoy playing COD

I never played Concord thankfully but I can't imagine its teamwork is remotely close to what a game like Hell Let Loose takes to be successful in

I just implied that the CoD folks don't care about any of that stuff. And it's not based around any of that

MayauMiao

Point gun at enemy, pull trigger, much complicated
Modern audience game design philosophy:

Check your privilege before selecting a character of your choice to avoid cultural appropriation, point gun at enemy, consider their race and skin color of the enemy on whether they are oppressed or white, pull trigger, make sure to apologize to enemies you defeat unless they are white, avoid tea bagging or risk banning unless they are white.

The S Tier gunplay didn't bring it any success either did it?

Nope, it was a necessary but not sufficient condition for success. Still, nothing I said about the gunplay looking slick is inaccurate. The game does play well.

Feel free to shit on the game all you want for the terrible art design decisions but it's not without a decent core.

Last edited:

nial

I really need to know which based executive suggested the September 6th date.
csqZOJL.png

Sony going like "Con... what? BUY ASTRO BOT!!!!!".
There's an Astro Bot takeover at PlayStation website right now, if someone needs some context.

Last edited:

menmustmow

Banned
know your customer.

thats what this boils down to. what demographic are you selling this to and how large a market is it??

the "go woke, go broke" saying is more and more true because even though the "woke" crowd might be very vocal, are they really purchasing in large enough quantities to be the "main market" that you build a brand towards?

Top Bottom