• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

Varteras

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sony Japan and Sony America are basically two different companies. People don't really understand that Sony operates as a conglomerate of disparate companies who are all doing their own thing

This is one reason why Sony Interactive Entertainment has 2 co-CEO's right now, that's emblematic of Sony TBH
I get the feeling that nothing is going to be happening at PlayStation for the time being without Japan, via Hiroki Totoki, signing off on it. Their companies all do different things, but when the CFO takes direct control of a subsidiary I am willing to bet that subsidiary is no longer doing its own thing.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Sony is probably going to take the gameplay concept of Concord, export it to South Korea or China devs, and repackage with characters that can actually look hot or attractive.
Or maybe just name one competent sane person to run the studio, fire the professor and their accolades and just do in-house treatment of the game..

One hint ? Big boobs and asses for woman.. big fucking strong dudes for man ... thank me later.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Twitter updates? Anyone? What's the word on X from the Concord fans?
Rob from Fort Worth, TX says he’s a little bummed but not surprised. Chris from San Francisco is hoping they bring it back as F2P and give us the 3 seasons we were promised. And the one Korean guy doesn’t speak English but I don’t think he was happy.

Haven’t heard from the other dozen or so of them.

Bernardougf

I get the feeling that nothing is going to be happening at PlayStation for the time being without Japan, via Hiroki Totoki, signing off on it. Their companies all do different things, but when the CFO takes direct control of a subsidiary I am willing to bet that subsidiary is no longer doing its own thing.
As soon as Sony Japan takes charge of this mess the better ... if Sony wasn't a japanese company I could understand this... but what the japs are doing letting their west branch run wild like this ? ...

MayauMiao

Rob from Fort Worth, TX says he’s a little bummed but not surprised. Chris from San Francisco is hoping they bring it back as F2P and give us the 3 seasons we were promised. And the one Korean guy doesn’t speak English but I don’t think he was happy.

Haven’t heard from the other dozen or so of them.

The problem with F2P is they have to make content purchase worthy. Given all the ugly characters, who the hell would even want to spent a cent to put flowers around shit.

Well, we know why the developers went radio silent basically right after launch.

Man, all that money they also fronted to streamers to try and promote the game and it only lasted 11 days.

All around this situation is mind-bogglingly disastrous.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This is one of those stories and tales that is so big that even some worm like Schreier will never get the full picture from a few select interviews. And it sucks because there’s no one out there really right now that could.

You think the industry overall trusts that guy? Hell no. You think they see that dude as some final bastion of game “journalism”? And yet who else is there?

This is another one for the books that’ll never get cracked open until years and years from now. If ever.

Last edited:

Neolombax

I find it interesting that Sony offered a full refund, I fully expected the money I spent to be down the drain if the game ever shut down. If this was Sony reassuring potential GAAS customers like me that they will take the brunt of a failing first party product, its working.

To Concord's credit, it does have some depth in that selecting different characters gives the overall gameplay stat boosts, but it seems that this feature wasn't given much highlight and even the usual players don't seem to interact with it. It's the only hero shooter that I personally have played that encourages frequent character switching per match, more than Overwatch for me, as a casual player anyway. Oh well.

Bernardougf

pKoECPt.png

This has probably already been posted but I can't help laughing at the utter insanity.

'This game was never meant for you ... I hope you're happy it failed'

tkTPhyl.png
Well I guess this makes everyone that didnt buy the gane racists and bigots... even the so called "supporters" of the cause.

Thus people are crazy!

"Fuck you white guy.... this game is not for you"

" btw sys Who plays hero shooters ? "

"Hunmn let me check girl... it says ... mostly white guys"

Ooooooops.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
pKoECPt.png

This has probably already been posted but I can't help laughing at the utter insanity.

'This game was never meant for you ... I hope you're happy it failed'

tkTPhyl.png
There's 200M steam users (who knows how many have a PC rig that can run Concord..... maybe half?) + 60M PS5 gamers. Add it up and it's a lot of possible customers probably totaling around 150M gamers. I took a guess.

Total sales were estimated at 25,000 (which I think is way too high, but for sake of argument lets say it's true). Across 150,000,000 possible gamers.

If racists won, I guess 99.983333% of gamers are racist.

There's 200M steam users (who knows how many have a PC rig that can run Concord..... maybe half?) + 60M PS5 gamers. Add it up and it's a lot of possible customers probably totaling around 150M gamers. I took a guess.

Total sales were estimated at 25,000 (which I think is way too high, but for sake of argument lets say it's true). Across 150,000,000 possible gamers.

Well I hope all 149,975,000 of them are happy with what they've done.

Bernardougf

I think someone has to drop a thread in resetera with the title "why resetera members didnt support concord?" ...

how many members they have ?? With their members alone the ccu would be much greater... how they can rally to cancel hogwards and not to buy and support concord ??? This people are so strange in their way of connecting what they do to what they say.

In fact ill bet everything I have that more purple people overthere bought Hogwards in secrecy than concord.

The crazies are so hypocrites is not even funny anymore.

zokie

their playstation stars campaigns have disappeared on the playstation stars app

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Well I hope all 149,975,000 of them are happy with what they've done.

What's even better is with those numbers, it's beyond "alt right tactics," but these shitbirds are so assmad and trapped in the gravity of their tiny bubbles that they believe your average gamer has their finger on every social pulse industry wide and anything short of vocal support is inherent opposition.

So all 15 of these people are seething at imaginary white devils when the overwhelming majority of users saw a trailer/ad/stream of this game, thought "Oh, that looks pretty gay (for better or worse, context sensitive)," and played something that came out 12 years ago instead.

Ozzie666

Maybe blame the audience you made the game for, for like not buying it and supporting it? Talk is cheap, more likely supporters quietly bought Hogwarts and talked a good game. It’s all an online con.

Don’t blame me, I took a chance on Outlaws instead.

T4keD0wN

numbers-dont.gif

Maybe blame the audience you made the game for, for like not buying it and supporting it? Talk is cheap, more likely supporters quietly bought Hogwarts and talked a good game. It’s all an online con.

Don’t blame me, I took a chance on Outlaws instead.

Totally.

I mean, the people they didn't make the game for didn't buy it (along with most other people).

So really, the 'chuds' held up their end of the bargain and did as they were asked. The 'modern audience' on the other hand ...

Top Bottom