• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

paolo11

that's is going to happen to firewalk

Firewalk is most likely done sad to say. I don’t know who in the right mind made a decision to make this game so ugly. I thought they were trolling us or something. They should made it an Indie game free to play instead . Heck, people might play it for a bit

Topher

Gold Member

Hilarious when these jackasses get up on their soap box and use twitter as a megaphone while sticking their fingers in their ears.

V1fevtf.png
Not Listening La La GIF by Ranveer Singh

Lots of commercial failures with a running theme...

CbFUzkq.jpeg

6DMXq8i.jpeg

u0kwHXC.jpeg

Ny7PDbK.jpeg

XkYCO4s.jpeg

IDK it's starting to feel like maybe the demographic least likely to play video games isn't the one you should be centering your characters around. Just a thought

Watch this space...

pUowFRk.jpeg
OLVhXsL.jpeg

CJ2MZvy.jpeg

Yeah I’ve definitely noticed that Black women are all of a sudden WAY over represented in games now. They’re only around 6% of the U.S. population. It’s so odd.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah I’ve definitely noticed that Black women are all of a sudden WAY over represented in games now. They’re only around 6% of the U.S. population. It’s so odd.
In Canada, the entire Black population is about 4% or 4.5% in the entire country.

When it's TV ad time, no doubt about 1/3rd of all actors in TV ads are suddenly Black the past 3-4 years. There's way more Asian people in Canada (Indian or Chinese etc....), yet somehow there's still way fewer on TV than Black population.

Last edited:

paolo11

Forever vilified by these people, I swear. It's the same thing every time.

We are always the ones in the wrong somehow.

I’d rather be taking the blame than having a bad game supported by millions.

It’s so odd only Rebirth and Wukong are the top games this year. And we got two failures at the same time (Concord and what’s this game uhh Dustborn?)

Ozzie666

Did the Professor land on their feet ? Does anyone know ? Is the guiding light still shining ?
I hope the Professor is okay never mind the rest of the studio.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Hilarious when these jackasses get up on their soap box and use twitter as a megaphone while sticking their fingers in their ears.

V1fevtf.png
Not Listening La La GIF by Ranveer Singh

I've seen chinese comments on Wukong videos and Weibo about players buying monke game because of the 7 million dollar consultancy rumor: 'they refused to be consulted by Sweet Baby Inc so i bought the game'.Even the freaking Chinese are aware of Sweet Baby Inc and DEI,

Saying that the' anti-woke' didn't play a part in this game flopping is journalists simply refusing to leave the bubble.

In Canada, the entire Black population is about 4% or 4.5% in the entire country.

When it's TV ad time, no doubt about 1/3rd of all actors in TV ads are suddenly Black the past 3-4 years.

Exactly. And if you point that out, you get people attacking you for being a bigot. It’s like WTF wasn’t the original goal to reflect the actual population accurately? Honestly in the U.S. it’s the Latino population severely underrepresented yet I never hear them complaining. But make like 1/3 of the actors/characters Black despite only being 12% of the population and it’s still not enough.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I've seen chinese comments on Wukong videos and Weibo about players buying monke game because of the 7 million dollar consultancy rumor: 'they refused to be consulted by Sweet Baby Inc so i bought the game'.Even the freaking Chinese are aware of Sweet Baby Inc and DEI,

Saying that the' anti-woke' didn't play a part in this game flopping is journalists simply refusing to leave the bubble.

Kinda funny seeing members of the gaming media lining up to defend Concord while simultaneously trying to push "exclusivity" controversies on Black Myth Wukong.

Nothing suspect about that at all.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

One things for sure. I dont think the typical Asian (whether it's middle eastern, Indian or east asian countries) gives a shit about DEI or woke. When it comes to a product, they just care about it being as non-political as possible and want good value for your dollar.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Exactly. And if you point that out, you get people attacking you for being a bigot. It’s like WTF wasn’t the original goal to reflect the actual population accurately? Honestly in the U.S. it’s the Latino population severely underrepresented yet I never hear them complaining. But make like 1/3 of the actors/characters Black despite only being 12% of the population and it’s still not enough.
I'm not latino and not American either, but when it comes to media I dont get how or why latinos are so underrepresented in media. Numerically, they are the biggest minority population in the US, but come TV shows, US tv ads, gaming characters etc.... it's like they practically dont exist.

Last edited:

Chechack

That's what most people think the game plays like, but it's not. If only it were point gun, pull trigger, it would have been more appealing to the people that are used to that style of play.

You actually have to cycle through different team members, gain their perks, and make sure the teamplay is pretty balanced between the various classes. It's a little convoluted with the asynchronous gameplay and most never even grasped it even in the beta.

If you're going into it as someone that just wants to shoot things and have fun, you're going to get destroyed by a team that actually uses the compliment of gameplay systems on offer.
Man just shut up bloody annoying

sainraja

Some gamers can be pretty immature and some of that we can be see in this thread; however, the market Concord wanted to enter and compete in, was already filled with two successful games (perhaps there is another I am not aware of) and they wanted to be the third. Ignoring similar games, there are many other GaaS like games that they also had to compete with. It was going to be hard no matter what they did, but offering something unique was a must. They missed there.

I'm not latino and not American either, but when it comes to media I dont get how or why latinos are so underrepresented in media. Numerically, they are the biggest minority population in the US, but come TV shows, US tv ads, gaming characters etc.... it's like they practically dont exist.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m glad GTA 6 made the female character Latino.

paolo11

I think someone has to drop a thread in resetera with the title "why resetera members didnt support concord?" ...

how many members they have ?? With their members alone the ccu would be much greater... how they can rally to cancel hogwards and not to buy and support concord ??? This people are so strange in their way of connecting what they do to what they say.

In fact ill bet everything I have that more purple people overthere bought Hogwards in secrecy than concord.

The crazies are so hypocrites is not even funny anymore.

for sure if someone says woke or DEI they will get banned

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Investors already know by now that woke is toxic and the sooner the companies back out of wokeness the better

Ubisoft seem determined to learn this the hard way but they'll come around too when they have choose between woke and not broke
UBI stock has dropped from 95 euro to 15.50 since 2018. And look how far they've dropped since covid years when lots of tech stocks went up and retained all or most of it. They went from 85 euro to 15.50.

If this hasnt taught them anything, nothing will.

s9sZ7HC.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder what lesson Ubisoft would take from a disappointing launch for AC Shadows after AC Valhalla was the biggest AC game ever (last AC game with the large open world formula).

When it's TV ad time, no doubt about 1/3rd of all actors in TV ads are suddenly Black the past 3-4 years. There's way more Asian people in Canada (Indian or Chinese etc....), yet somehow there's still way fewer on TV than Black population.
I saw Inside Out 2 yesterday and while it had a good message for teenagers, it was a pretty mid film as a whole. The thing that jumped out is that the main girl is at Hockey camp and all the other players are minorities. One had a hijab on. That's fine, it is what it is, but it's freaking HOCKEY. It's just so dumb how artificial and forced DEI is. Even my gay brother who pays 5 figures a year to be a Disney Vacation Club member notices it and complains about it. It's all just done in bad taste and is distracting. All these DEI things can be accomplished with good stories and characters.

Burger King Kids Club for instance.
vNaTAxF.jpeg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I saw Inside Out 2 yesterday and while it had a good message for teenagers, it was a pretty mid film as a whole. The thing that jumped out is that the main girl is at Hockey camp and all the other players are minorities. One had a hijab on. That's fine, it is what it is, but it's freaking HOCKEY. It's just so dumb how artificial and forced DEI is. Even my gay brother who pays 5 figures a year to be a Disney Vacation Club member notices it and complains about it. It's all just done in bad taste and is distracting. All these DEI things can be accomplished with good stories and characters.

Burger King Kids Club for instance.
vNaTAxF.jpeg
In the nhl only player I know whose Indian is manny maholtra. There might be more but probably hardly any. There’s hardly any minorities for various reasons from legacy to costs to location to access to rinks to availability of skates and hockey gear at stores.

Globally right off the bat it’s going to skew to colder countries which skew white since these are countries that will have outdoor skating and the most indoor rinks. Canada only has 40M people but has the most rinks in the world by a mile.

Anyone or any media trying to DEI it is insane.

Last edited:

sainraja

Short memories

Arkane was also a very large team that worked on Redfall for a very long time.

Concord was not a large team until recently, it’s a start up studio. They started small for a long time until they got funding seeds going and finally a publisher

So the difference is one studio slowly grew while the other was already large and in the payroll for many years

And it killed Arkane, a studio cherished for their immersive sim single player games

Redfall was the E3 mic drop closer announcement for crying out loud

What’s the greater loss here?
It really does not matter. If you can successfully argue that Concord wasn't a greater loss over Redfall and have people here believe you, it's not much of a prize. Sony's pulled the plug and the game does not have a clear future. Redfall still has 10 players active on it right now (as of this post, anyway).

EDIT: Perhaps active player count right now doesn't help make my point here, but I think you know what I am getting at.

Last edited:

Aenima

Cuz its checks 2 boxes, its a female and a minority representation. Reason you barelly see any black dudes cuz they are still males. It just shows how all these studios follow the same DEI script and why they games are so devoid of creativity.

Top Bottom