• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

nikos

There aren't that many listings for the game and probably not many people with sealed copies to begin with. Could be worth a decent amount in the future. Kicking myself in the ass.

Paperboy

No matter what you think of the game itself, it's quite cocky for a publisher to expect it to be the next big thing. The market for multiplayer FPS:es is very competitive, and Concord didn't really bring anything new to the table, as I've gathered. Why does it need to cost so much money anyway to develop a hero shooter..?

nikos

You can put a listing for any amount you want

Is anyone actually buying it though at these high prices? That's the important question

Yup, you can filter by sold listings. All pretty much $80+ and this is on day one of it not being available.

The Fartist

Gold Member
khPhibA.jpg
bill-clinton-president.gif

Life Diff

Not to mention it's not like the IP is known as some crazy money maker. The remake didn't make money as far as I remember and the original did poorly to the point MS wanted something new from them and not another sequel.
Exactly! That's why it's bizarre people constantly bring up skin colour of characters. The sweetbabyinc stuff has rotted some people's brains.

Draugoth

Gold Member
How many? I fileted the listing worldwide by sold items and could only find 19 sold that was above 40-110£.
Maybe a small rush but I doubt it'll be valued in the long run.

I also came across this, lol:

kaAGX9E.png

You can find those in a dump next to the nearest Gamestop near you

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You know why a lot kid these weird designers and game makers make lousy stuff they personally like and not care?

Most of the people working on games seem like contract workers. So after they get paid for their stint and move on to another company half the time. Look how many devs have a giant laundry list of games, companies and short term gigs.

So whether the game is successful or bombs it makes no difference to lots of them because by the time the game launches their contract stint is already over. They might already be working on a different game for a different company.

Most other people in other industries want FT employment and live through success and failure as they stick around.

Last edited:

Hookshot

Gold Member
Obviously these are meme prices for the next few months but down the line the rarity of the boxed game and controller will be desirable to collectors.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lol. That’s some self congrats note.

Our company lived through COVID too like a million other companies. And even included complicated things like worker and trucker shortages where a lot of this kind of stuff was a logistical nightmare. Also during the crazy times like port strikes and container ship shortages and docking bays it was a Wild West who got them and who didn’t.

Everyone should google port access and container ship fees years ago. Ports also got greedy and took over reserved docking bays companies pay for and sold them out to highest bidder.

Digital companies don’t have this issue.

Somehow we were able to still develop and ship out new products like every year.

Last edited:
It follows alongside the uglification of women in gaming in general. That isn't to say that black women are the ugliest (not even remotely true), but rather when you look at subjective attractiveness metrics like the data produced by dating sites, Black women are the least attracted demographic by almost every male ethnic demo other than black men.

So, with most gamers being white males, those fat liberal white women slobs who work in gaming and want to create female characters that are either self-inserts or not a threat to themselves, will not consider black women characters to be a threat to them, whereas latin, Indian and Asian female characters would offend their narcissism.

Yeah I think it’s some of what you said but also a result of the Black Lives Matter movement and all the focus on that minority. So it feels a bit like all the studios then decided to have black leads at the same time.

Attractiveness is of course all subjective, but I won’t deny that I generally find Latin women the most attractive and Black women least attractive.

blacktout

"None of us know what's next."

Keeping in mind that everything else is this tweet is trying to spin the situation in the most optimistic light possible, if that's all they can manage regarding the studio's future, I bet we hear about Firewalk's closure within the next few weeks.

Zacfoldor

GAAS isn't going anywhere. Marvel Rivals will come out and have millions of players.
I mean, if anything, new IPs are dead and not appealing to the male gaze is too risky when selling to males. Why risk 200m on a game nobody could possibly even care about until the first trailer. Just slap a Bloodborne IP on it and let's go.

Here we go:

Destiny 3: Firefly
God of War: Titties and Fight
Bloodborne 2 3D + Bloodborne Kart
Helldivers 3: I thought this was Amurica
Horizon 3: Aloy discovers Ozempic
The Last of Us 3: Best Served Cold OR Ellie Resumes the Hunt
The Titular Concord F2P gatcha anime waifu and husbando game
Peckerfield: The Shattered Vortex
Malo: Reach Around
Peter Parker 3

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
"None of us know what's next."

Keeping in mind that everything else is this tweet is trying to spin the situation in the most optimistic light possible, if that's all they can manage regarding the studio's future, I bet we hear about Firewalk's closure within the next few weeks.
If management hasn’t told anyone what’s happening in terms of employment that’s a bad sign.

If jobs were safe even after a bad product getting refunded, management would had already assured people the company is safe and jobs aren’t going anywhere. Especially if that PR tweet seemed genuine that they are looking to change there game to get more players (that line which sounded like they aren’t giving up).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How did we go from this, to where we are now lol

6TKHk6Q.jpeg
Ads back then were award winning. In one of those old threads about awesome old ads I couldn’t believe how many awesome ads I never saw or remembered. Key one I remember is neo Geo “why dick around” mag ad they revised twice in following monthlies.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder what's next for the industry.

What a disaster.

A course correction in due haste, I'd hope. I'm not sure where Sony gets the "positivity" surrounding Fairgame$.

Not sure who they are consulting with, but I recall the audience reception to that was just as bad as Concord.

I feel bad for the people that did all the leg work. They were essentially held hostage by a group of zealots. You can't even offer constructive criticism for fear of being labeled a racist or a sexist.

Cyberpunkd

Generation of cucks and beta males+ simps, ppl simply had it too good for very long time, good times make weak men, tuff times make strong men :p
“There existed no need on Caladan to build a physical paradise or a paradise of the mind—we could see the actuality all around us. And the price we paid was the price men have always paid for achieving a paradise in this life—we went soft, we lost our edge.”

RAÏSanÏa

Honestly, 'Modern Audiences' is just another term for 'Cleared by PR' and all PR wants to do is avoid bad publicity, which in the modern age, means avoiding a blow-up on social media. Hence, the 'Modern Audience' is just an extraction of the exaggerated personas we maintain on social media and doesn't actually appeal to anyone in real life.
A good point. The successfulness of shows like Hazbin Hotel which stray outside conforming to Modern Audiences(in that sense) demonstrate there is a market beyond those limits. That Cannibal Town song still cracks me up. It's not about any particular consideration, but how it is portrayed.

The exaggerated personas is what I kinda get from this game. It's fighting a phantasm with a phantasm.

The introspective cultural presence of the Inside Out generation can't come soon enough imo.

Blade2.0

why would you make an overwatch-type a pay to play game? didn't work with Battleborn, of course it wasn't going to work here either. It needed to be F2P day one.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I’m going to say it.

Star Wars was better when it was targeted to boys/men.
Before Star Wars was sold to Disney the movies and the extended universe had plenty of strong female role models. Leia, Mon Mothma, Jaina Solo, Mara Jade...all of which were strong and none of which were damsels in distress. Leia strangled Jabba the Hutt with her slave chains for crying out loud. It was a pretty well balanced universe when it comes to equality.

Then Disney takes over and gives it to Kathleen Kennedy and suddenly every male is either a whimpering idiot or a toxic chauvinist who all need women to show them right from wrong.

Sony

Nintendo
They're basically delaying the game post launch and rethinking it. They'll definitely relaunch as Free2Play with a reworked game.

DaGwaphics

why would you make an overwatch-type a pay to play game? didn't work with Battleborn, of course it wasn't going to work here either. It needed to be F2P day one.

This one was probably doomed anyway since the characters were hated by the base players that would play this type of game, but certainly couldn't have hurt.

Top Bottom