• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

zokie

investors continue to lose faith in Sony Group Corp , i suspect the stock will drop lower next week

Playstation should give some update about TGS2004 and that PS5 Pro news to gain trust from investors again

Bernardougf

This could have saved it

zLP4LV9.jpeg
Uz8XzDb.jpeg
This things gets fuzzy with this people and thia designs... but the fatty is in fact a "male" I think ... whays his/her/they/them pronouns? 🤣

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It getting retooled as F2P would mean even more money spent on redevelopment. Given how spectacularly it has bombed the first time around, I wouldn't be surprised if Hulst (or whomever has final say) gets cold feet and decides to just pour several shovelfuls of earth over it, Hyenas-style.
Nobody even bothered trying it during the free open beta. It maxed out at 2,388 players before quickly dropping off. People just really, really do not want this game. And now the name “Concord” is synonymous with failure.

At this point I can’t imagine Sony is stupid enough to keep throwing money at this game after the market overwhelmingly rejected it.

I hope I’m wrong because it would be so entertaining to watch Concord flop for a second time.

Nikodemos

Nobody even bothered trying it during the free open beta. It maxed out at 2,388 players before quickly dropping off. People just really, really do not want this game.
I'll bet you $40 (heh), that the people who went for a go thought "hey, this reminds me of [insert established GaaS title], I should dust that one off", and switched back to the pre-existing game.

Saber

people didn't even gave this game a chance.
just talking shit about the game because of stupid pronouns and stuff
pretty sad

The game had two betas. The game failed for its own merits and stupidity, it's not the people fault neither obligation to try this shit.
You need to stop too much comsuption of copium and retardium, is not doing great for your head.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
pretty sad

I gave it a chance. I played it for hours in the beta. It was far too mediocre and just didnt bring anything new to the table.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Who is this guy? And why do I constantly see his videos posted here (since even before my account got accepted)? I refuse to watch it, but I assume it's a Youtube just parroting the "current topic". And by the looks of it, he also needs a bath/shower
He also needs to cut his filthy long nails.

gross jeff goldblum GIF

Raven117

Even if it were the best game in the world, if nobody plays it, it's going to get shut down.
Best games in the world get a word of mouth and sell more than what it did. (Not saying it would be a wild success) Just accept that this was a package top to bottom that no one wanted.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Future reserve currency will be concord controllers

rWkQYmz.png
Tip to gaffers: That's Evilore selling his gamepad! He just made $500 in two days! :)

Damn: I shoulda jumped on the gravy train and scooped up some to pawn off. Aat worst I cant sell them and refund back to the store within 30 days.

pretty sad
People didn't give it a chance because it looked so uninteresting. I'm sick to death of hero shooters and other kinds of GaaS and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. There is also no good reason for players to drop their current favourite hero shooter and move across to this, it's not even F2P which almost all of these games are.

The initial reveal was shit too and took up way too much time during the event which I think also soured people on the game.

The pronouns and absolutely fucking terrible character design are a small contributing factor.

Nikodemos

There is also no good reason for players to drop their current favourite hero shooter and move across to this
This is a rather understated issue. Live-service games are toxic to growth in the long term, since everybody just settles on (an average of) 3, meaning that the entire gaming population is captured by something like 9-10 titles. And since they can last for years (even decades, see World of [insert military equipment] and War Thunder a.k.a. "0 Days Since The Last Classified Document Leak"), the rungs have been cut from that ladder.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
investors continue to lose faith in Sony Group Corp , i suspect the stock will drop lower next week

Playstation should give some update about TGS2004 and that PS5 Pro news to gain trust from investors again
Dropping 150-200 yen isn't really that impactful. 1% isn't investors losing faith, it's normal ups and downs.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Because spreading "the message" give you an automatic +2 to +3 points in any game you make. So this 7 is in fact a 4 or 5 max.

Have you seen the redfall cast tho?

That game was spreading the message like your average new yorker spread butter on their morning bagel :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

And i played both, redfall at least kept me occupied for 10 hours before bailing out, 3 matches with concord and i was done.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
No, this requires investment, promotion, keeping services up and persistent support. And gamble on an MTX model while this game has zero potential for it.

This game is dead.
Is there any example of a game that failed in stores, went F2P, and then was successful? Normally games that go F2P are doing at least okay and do it as a way to draw more people in, like Elder Scrolls Online or TOR or something.The only game I can think of was Fortnite, but the BR free game was totally different from the paid one nobody cared about, and it was as much a product of circumstance (PUBG was blowing up but was a paid game) as anything.

I just don't see a world where a game that effectively sold nothing and had nobody care about it would be a success just because it's F2P.

Last edited:

That game was spreading the message like your average new yorker spread butter on their morning bagel :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

And i played both, redfall at least kept me occupied for 10 hours before bailing out, 3 matches with concord and i was done.
As bad as the launch for Redfall was, it always looked fun to me for a coop game. Part of me wishes it didn't die and was eventually brought over to PS5, I would have tried it. As for Concord, I wouldn't even add it to my library if it was a free PS+ title.

GymWolf

Gold Member
As bad as the launch for Redfall was, it always looked fun to me for a coop game. Part of me wishes it didn't die and was eventually brought over to PS5, I would have tried it. As for Concord, I wouldn't even add it to my library if it was a free PS+ title.
I only played the game because i was a huge arkane fan, but the game was no good.

I wanted it to be good, but it didn't even had the strong points you would expcet from an arkane title, boring ass abilities, barely any immersive sims element and meh level design.

Last edited:
Even if it went f2p, other games are doing this type of game better right now. It also wouldn't change the character designs that are unappealing to the vast majority of players, unless they also take the time to redesign those too.
The amount of time it would take to retool it for f2p, Marvel Rivals would likely be already out.

I'm doubtful Sony would take the additional risk to throw more money at this game when the chance of recouping it are fairly low.

I only played the game because i was a huge arkane fan, but the game was no good.
I wanted to be good, but because it had vamps in it :)
I'm a sucker for those type of games. It's probably why I liked the Buff the Vampire Slayer game. Someone needs to remaster that one :)

I guarantee it'll make more than Concord!!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Hate to say it, but it has reached the point where if I see Strong BIPOC Woman with poofy hair featured front and center, I’m immediately turned off of the game and assume it’s going to be some woke modern audiences POS until proven otherwise.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Hate to say it, but it has reached the point where if I see Strong BIPOC Woman with poofy hair featured front and center, I’m immediately turned off of the game and assume it’s going to be some woke modern audiences POS until proven otherwise.
If only was just the black chick...

I gift you a month of resetera gold if you can tell me what gender this thing is

redfall-portrait-remi.jpg

Last edited:

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
Btw, how many of you grabbed disk copy for potential collectible value in the future? I just recived mine.
j4HBFhk.jpeg

Top Bottom