• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Em4dnBG.jpeg

Why do they all look the fucking same? Spouting the same shitty rhetoric, same fucking tattoos, same, all the damn same! Every. Fucking. TIME!

Uw1YCcM.jpeg

Now they want to be thought police and remove people who don't share their ideology?!

That's a very dystopian idea, especially if they get to decide what counts as bigotry.

Concord was boycotted? That's news to me. I guess saying that nobody bought it because it lacked appeal is just too boring or something.
You are correct, there's no need to "boycott" something nobody cares about to begin with

But the issue is that if you're fighting an uphill battle to begin with to try and get someone to care about generic hero shooter #61 when the other 60 competitors in the genre are F2P, have appealing looking attractive sexy characters, have lots of maps and years of content, have a huge established player base, and have a functioning ecosystem for monetization, you can't launch with a $40 entry fee, ugly ass DEI wokeshit character design, a small amount of launch content, completely ignore the few people who actually tried the beta and tell everyone not to buy the game because they are racists and bigots, and expect you'll magically succeed

Basically doing everything the opposite of what others who are successful do and expecting to succeed is a baffling mindset and nobody knows what the fuck Sony was thinking when they were funding this studio and this game

5FkdoUU.png

Concord was the 9/11 of gaming.

"Mr President a second live service game has hit the building"

vUroS9H.png

"Not spending money on the woke things we demand you spend it on is LITERALLY TERRORISM"

You are correct, there's no need to "boycott" something nobody cares about to begin with

But the issue is that if you're fighting an uphill battle to begin with to try and get someone to care about generic hero shooter #61 when the other 60 competitors in the genre are F2P, have appealing looking attractive sexy characters, have lots of maps and years of content, have a huge established player base, and have a functioning ecosystem for monetization, you can't launch with a $40 entry fee, ugly ass DEI wokeshit character design, a small amount of launch content, completely ignore the few people who actually tried the beta and tell everyone not to buy the game because they are racists and bigots, and expect you'll magically succeed

Basically doing everything the opposite of what others who are successful do and expecting to succeed is a baffling mindset and nobody knows what the fuck Sony was thinking when they were funding this studio and this game

Yes, the horrendous character design is just one aspect of how the decision makers at the company had no clue on the target demographic that plays their online shooters. This game would have been DOA with the $40 price tag alone, even if it had decent character design/story elements. It just would have died a little slower, gone with a whimper in a few months , like Anthem.

The monumental disaster it became was only possible because they made the wrong call on basically every decision they made. It took a perfect storm of horrible for a game that cost over $100 million to have the plug pulled in less than 2 weeks.

There was no boycott of this game, because no one bothered to call for a boycott, because everyone knew it was going to crash and burn and didn't need any help.

laynelane

I would love to be a fly on the wall at Sony HQ right now. Who advocated purchasing this studio and IP? Why was there a situation where potential customers and their feedback was ignored? Sony doesn't always succeed, but this was a failure that almost everyone saw coming. What will the outcome be and what changes will be made going forward? I suppose we'll know in time, but agreed on the mindset being baffling. I suspect Sony will learn from this situation, though I have doubts about Firewalk.

Last edited:

SonGoku

Because it requires more investment to convert what was a paid game to a f2p game. Making it f2p, they would require hooks for mtx to not only recoup, but cover ongoing costs. Maintaining servers isn't free.
I havent look into this game just assumed it had mtx addons by default like every other gaas
During the free open beta it maxed out at 2,388 players on Steam before quickly dropping off.

Nobody wants this game, free or not. And roughly zero people would actually spend money on cosmetics or whatever monetization scheme they come up with.
Hey I dont disagree but whatever money they make from mtx is better than 0 unless it does not cover server costs

Nydius

I havent look into this game just assumed it had mtx addons by default like every other gaas

It was supposed to get a cosmetic MTX shop a little while after launch. But moving it to F2P, it would need to be a much, much bigger shop with a lot of things people would actually want to buy. Based on the lackluster quality of the cosmetics they included with the game, I don't think they'd have a lot people would want to pay for.

YukiOnna

Why in fuck people keep forgeting that the BETA of this game WAS FREE?

The price wasn't the main factor. Move one.
Same people who think aesthetic and design don't matter in a video game, let alone a generic hero shooter that got clowned on for exactly that and nothing short of bog standard gameplay.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Today is the last full day for the game and 50 people are playing it on Steam.

Not even an ironic bump to 'celebrate' its end.

XxhGkSl.png
Server shutdown can take place anytime from the turn over midnight (in about 3 hours), to giving gamers the entire Friday shutting down at 11:59 pm.

Get your final games in as it can happen at any time.

violence

Server shutdown can take place anytime from the turn over midnight (in about 3 hours), to giving gamers the entire Friday shutting down at 11:59 pm.

Get your final games in as it can happen at any time.
Oh well fuck. I’m gonna role-play this is the last day then… and then maybe I get a whole other final day tomorrow!

Last edited:
at least the graphicz was cool tho... shitty ass game shitty ass devs, Sony should nuke them, it's no coming back from 100 mil down the drain

Drake

Yeah, I think Sony is just gonna take the L on this one and not even bother releasing it with a free to play model. They've sunk enough money into this trash game.

DavidGzz

Wonder if they put in for the Guinness book of World Records for being the best gigaflop of all time.

They'd have to majorly rework the aesthetics before making it F2P. It will just flop again if not.

Embearded

Remedy community manager:

Vida.png

"Modelling desired behaviors and championing the kinds of community members you want to be the majority..."

Find a few super active members with no life outside of the forum, with clear mental issues and a very loud presence on social media. Take whatever they say as gospel and ban anyone who goes against them. Even better, not just ban them, delete their accounts and posts, make it like they never existed. Keep only the extreme posts there to be seen by other members so the role model can be become Forum Jesus in their eyes.

This is what basically ResetEra does. They have a trans idol, at least one self hating white man, multiple self hating men in general. They all try to convince you which is the proper behavior not just in the forum, but in the real world. Your mother voted for Trump? Cut ties with the bitch!

DruWepro

Banned
LOL neither did you. Shouldn't you be playing your beloved game instead of posting here?
Steam chart says there's only 34 players right now! What are you waiting for? You only have 24 hours left!!
so a game is bad if it doesn't have enough players?

the internet tore this game apart before it even released.
people are dumb.

also, how do you know how many players are on Playstation?

Top Bottom