• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

Paasei

It’s going f2p in a while. Maybe then the playerbase will be better.

I still believe the €40 pricetag was a much bigger issue than the bad character design.

PeteBull

Gold Member
What type of deranged world view is this?
clown world, aka woke/rainbow forum pov, its like girl at 18yo decides to do hardcore onlyfans, then has to bear consequences of that but blames every1 but herself, including all the men who dont wanna touch her with a stick anymore ;D

Embearded

so a game is bad if it doesn't have enough players?

the internet tore this game apart before it even released.
people are dumb.

also, how do you know how many players are on Playstation?

If people not playing a game isn't the most objective metric, then what is?

The game was mediocre at best, the price was 100% wrong. It should have been F2P.
If the game got too expensive to produce and this is the reason for the price, they should have re evaluated their choices.

Nikodemos

If the game got too expensive to produce and this is the reason for the price, they should have re evaluated their choices.
It's interesting, from a business analysis p.o.v., how the same set of variables led to two completely different outcomes. I'm referring to Sega and Hyenas versus Sony and Concord. Sega received the exact same feedback during their beta (low number of players, not particularly appealing to anyone), and decided to shut down the project right before the intended launch date, despite apparently spending (almost) as much on it as Sony did on theirs.

Darkkahn

The fans don't even want to attend the funeral!
Less than 40 people are playing on steam on the final hours of this game.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

The fans don't even want to attend the funeral!
Less than 40 people are playing on steam on the final hours of this game.
The majority of people who bought it can't play it anymore, because the refund removed it from their libraries.
The only ones still playing bought 3rd party keys.

LMAO he's back baby

Time to bring balance to the world

James Sawyer Ford James Sawyer Ford you did good holding down the fort until Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping returned to us, you can take a break for a bit now

irNfMv9.png

FewRope

Dont know if this was posted, but it's fucking crazy and I feel so bad for the art team because you know they forced then to make shit inclusive designs nobody wanted

PeteBull

Gold Member
Dont know if this was posted, but it's fucking crazy and I feel so bad for the art team because you know they forced then to make shit inclusive designs nobody wanted

It was obvious, fish rots starting from the head so everything that was wrong with concord was pushed for and enthusiastically aproved by studio's heads, no matter what the coders/artists/bottom lvl programers wanted to do, thats why its good we voted with our wallets, gotta make sure we hit those excecs where it hurts, their pockets :)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
5FkdoUU.png

Concord was the 9/11 of gaming.

"Mr President a second live service game has hit the building"

vUroS9H.png

Lol.

I found the article and had a read.

“Economic thinkers like Hasan Piker”

LMAO. This must be satire. The whole site must be satire. There's an article trying to convince white women not to have white babies. Sorry, but I can't believe this website is genuine 🤣

PeteBull

Gold Member
Lol.

I found the article and had a read.

“Economic thinkers like Hasan Piker”

LMAO. This must be satire. The whole site must be satire. There's an article trying to convince white women not to have white babies. Sorry, but I can't believe this website is genuine 🤣
Western world is crazy place now, bro, US included, when ppl live in clown world long enough even moderates look to them like crazy right wing extremists :)

PeteBull

Gold Member
Meanwhile, Jon Weisnewski, the lead character designer of Concord, pats himself and the team on the back for releasing the biggest flop in gaming history.

The lack of self reflection and accountability is astonishing.

But ofc, the lead character designer- his job description tells u everything u need to know, guy should never get any other job in the industry after being one of the few ppl who are responsible for concords failure, let capitalism/free market sort him out :p

IDKFA

Western world is crazy place now, bro, US included, when ppl live in clown world long enough even moderates look to them like crazy right wing extremists :)

I'm sorry, but that website cannot be real. It has articles suggesting white people should pay non white people for "emotional labour", articles on how pictures of groups of white people cause fear, articles encouraging people not to marry and have babies etc.

If that's not satire and people actually have these views then I'm very concerned about the future of humanity.

Z O N E

"The fact we shipped at all is legendary"

Splitgate 1 was made by 2 guys in 6 months with no funding whilst they were at school and then released a demo for user testing with 600,000 downloads.

Concord was funded by ProbablyMonsters for several years who then in turn sold the studio off to Sony, who continued to fund it and then 8 long years later, they release Concord.

Finding it really hard to have any sympathy for a poorly run team if it took them 8 years to make Concord.

Cyberpunkd

Economic thinker kinda sound like latinx expert...
TBH most of the time it sounds like a right-winger peddling social darwinism, but in the case of Piker it's someone that is openly heavily left-wing making lots of money and buying a huge mansion like a good capitalist, which is kinda like...left-wingers finally woke up to the reality? Kudos for him for grifting from his simps.

Cyberpunkd

I don't think it's that, it's just that Twitter/social media is "happy times only" environment. People were now taught for decades to "look on the bright side", "focus on the positives", this is just verbal manifestation of these things. This is then augmented by social media who in endless quest for engagement is telling everyone , everyday how "their opinions matter".

Meanwhile, Jon Weisnewski, the lead character designer of Concord, pats himself and the team on the back for releasing the biggest flop in gaming history.

What's next is what everyone probably assumes by now. Sony has shut down studios for far less than this.

Every one of the various dev tweets I've seen includes "the road ahead" or "No one knows what's next" which tells me they already know what's coming, if it hasn't already happened and Sony just isn't going to break that news yet.

PeteBull

Gold Member
I'm sorry, but that website cannot be real. It has articles suggesting white people should pay non white people for "emotional labour", articles on how pictures of groups of white people cause fear, articles encouraging people not to marry and have babies etc.

If that's not satire and people actually have these views then I'm very concerned about the future of humanity.
There is part of western population that thinks u cant be racists against white ppl or discriminate vs men, bro, check some leftists yt channels/mainstream tv, u will be surprised how bad it got last few years, im from eastern europe so it was big culture shock for me too xD

Cyberpunkd

What's next is what everyone probably assumes by now. Sony has shut down studios for far less than this.

Every one of the various dev tweets I've seen includes "the road ahead" or "No one knows what's next" which tells me they already know what's coming, if it hasn't already happened and Sony just isn't going to break that news yet.
The question is: will heads roll at Sony for this as well?

FUBARx89

"The fact we shipped at all is legendary"

Splitgate 1 was made by 2 guys in 6 months with no funding whilst they were at school and then released a demo for user testing with 600,000 downloads.

Concord was funded by ProbablyMonsters for several years who then in turn sold the studio off to Sony, who continued to fund it and then 8 long years later, they release Concord.

Finding it really hard to have any sympathy for a poorly run team if it took them 8 years to make Concord.

Ex Bungie employees. What do you expect.

IDKFA

There is part of western population that thinks u cant be racists against white ppl or discriminate vs men, bro, check some leftists yt channels/mainstream tv, u will be surprised how bad it got last few years, im from eastern europe so it was big culture shock for me too xD

We truly have fallen if the author's of these articles are genuine. I spent far too long looking at the articles and some of them were truly shocking.

Kotaro

Passive buff that only unlocks when you have at least 6 bans and 12 warnings

oh I see, so I have to unlock it first , 6 bans and 12 warnings, wow that's a lot of pain!!

Yeah, its like an invisibility frame in a game.

Same thing if you get released from prison irl

so it's like in EldenRing if you get hit and fall, the animation to get back up slowly gives you invincibility even from boss's strongest attack

Top Bottom