• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

It didn’t fail because of woke. It failed because of bland, generic, creatively bankrupt.

Here is the thing: the woke only make bland, generic and creatively bankrupt bullshit. They can't create anything good. They are literally talentless freaks, as that dev said.

So wokeness killed the game from its inception. Just check out the ideas that come out of woke teams: generic trash like this, Suicide Squad, Bleeding Edge, etc.

I can't think of an original woke IP that becomes a massive hit.

Draugoth

Gold Member
And woke thinking leads to your concept of a design for a game for the "the largest audience possible" beeing completely wrong and off the mark.

Problem is that 'the largest audience possible' is a very small gaming demographic. Most gamers are kids, or cis male and females that dont live in the gamer gating bubble. They will look at Concord at Gamestop and see the most boring game ever.

violence

Overwatch is more woke than this game, but I don’t think it started that way though and Overwatch has blizzard talent behind it. The primary issue with concord is it has a lot of competition but primarily from Blizzard. It’s not doing enough to stand out.

Are there even any hero abilities that Overwatch would want to rip off from Concord?

AfricanKing

Geez, gotta choose between The Lost Child for Switch or Concord for PS5... I wonder which one will hold the most collectible value in the future...

DtuAYng.png

Games gonna go F2P with a battlepass attached to it - anyone that buys this is a moron.

They will just update the install from the disc with a new patch

violence

Like i said its been done to death in this thread already. Poor maps, poor progression, horrific art style, uninspired modes, long TTK, floaty slow movement in most cases. Not FTP like most of its peers.

The actual shooting is ok, that's about it.

It does most things wrong in todays market.
That’s a lot of primary reasons.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
If Sony is smart they will time the relaunch with the PS5 Pro with a Concord PS5 Pro bundle. In fact replace Playroom with Concord as the pack in free game

Top Bottom