• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord players have started reporting trouble finding matches as more abandon the game

Draugoth

Gold Member
Concord.webp

A vertiginous drop in the number of players and long waiting times.

via Eurogamer

The reduction in the number of players has resulted in excessively long waiting times for matches to be created, with reports of players waiting up to 8 minutes to find a match, only to be disconnected afterwards.

In addition to the problems with the number of players, Concord's popularity on the PlayStation Network has also dropped dramatically. According to the True Trophies website, the game ranked only 147th in its popularity table, which is based on a representative sample of 3.1 million active PlayStation Network accounts.

The release of Concord marks Firewalk Studios' debut with a major title for PlayStation 5. However, the rapid decline in the number of players and persistent matchmaking problems suggest that the studio will face major problems in regaining user interest and consolidating a consistent player base.

Concord-SteamDB.png

Holammer

Let's see how they tackle it, more sponsored videos from streaming personalities not afraid to take a big gulp out of the poison chalice, like Muselk.
Celebrity endorsements maybe?

Is there no cross-play with the PS5 version?
There is, game requires PSN login, which no doubt contributed to the failure. Considering the violent rejection of PSN for Helldivers 2.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Do the right thing and refund everyone. Its not like it sold hundreds of thousands of copies. It's probably tens of thousands at best across both platforms. maybe fewer than 50k. Just take the hit and earn some trust back, and maybe some good press.

You cannot sell someone a mp only game that is virtually unplayable a week in.

Holammer

Do the right thing and refund everyone. Its not like it sold hundreds of thousands of copies. It's probably tens of thousands at best across both platforms. maybe fewer than 50k. Just take the hit and earn some trust back, and maybe some good press.

Kinda embarrassing they never realized what super turd they had on their hands. Sega wisely pulled the plug on Hyenas after initial impressions.

Flabagast

Very good news. Lmao the poor joes who caved in only to be unavailable to properly play the game just one week after release. It must be unprecedented no ?

I hope Sony will feel the heat big time

Last edited:

Make it f2p with characters that cost money

No need to refund anyone that buys it

Paasei

It’s not like they weren’t warned since the beta period. No idea why people still bought this. Maybe so they could play with various developers from other studios? They seem to have a blast with it according to Twitter.

It would be such a fucking flex, almost a Joker-esque (redemption?) arc if they went f2p and then made brand new and cool characters but charged for them indivudally.

Get the shit looking ones for free but fuck you, pay us for the cool ones.

Don't think it would be successful but would laugh at that plot twist.

Last edited:

DryvBy

That's happened to me multiple times. Wasted my money and time.

Jaybe

It would be such a fucking flex, almost a Joker-esque (redemption?) arc if they went f2p and then made brand new and cool characters but charged for them indivudally.

Get the shit looking ones for free but fuck you, pay us for the cool ones.

Don't think it would be successful but would laugh at that plot twist.

Should have made a character creator. Ship has sailed to turnaround this game though. I’m surprised they haven’t given a Steam copy to every Sony employee as a perk lol.

Last edited:

Saber

Concord woke players have difficulty find other woke players like them to play, shocker. At least they got the pronoums right, thats whats matter besides "fuck gamerz!1!".

Maybe the developers can help them with that, though they would rather scream and namecalling gamers than actually playing the game.

Last edited:

gundalf

I would have thought that so much reporting would have some sort of reverse Streisand effect but nothing, nada, wild how nobody wants to touch the game.

Killjoy-NL

There is no such thing as Concord players.
There was, but rn average queue time on PS5 is ~2min.

That's the limit for me. I was fine with 20-30 seconds average, but it's time to move on until something drastically changes that draws people in.

Top Bottom