• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord players have started reporting trouble finding matches as more abandon the game

peek

Yall see that LOL worthy ign review of the game? Dude was trying sooo hard to fluff up the characters. Used the words...

likeable, charming (a few times), and compelling to describe the heroes.

IN WHAT WORLD? xD

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Wait a minute, THAT is a legendary skin?

It might have caused owners of the game to lose motivation to carry on playing the game.
- turn people off of your game by making the characters fugly and non-feminine/non-masculine

- ensure that nobody would ever pay money for cosmetics by making the cosmetics even uglier

Welcome to the Concord business model. Maybe it sounds crazy, but you don’t understand the mind of The Professor

BigBeauford

top gun t GIF

That plat is gonna be RARE
I've seen reports in their discord of people just jumping off the edge of the map over and over to blow through the levels lmao.

Reactions: CLW

peek

You really think that people will buy skins or characters for this game?

We've already seen the horrible character design, but this is a legendary skin for this game:

No one is going to plop down their hard earned cash for something this ugly in a F2P game.

LMAO no shot. Aint no way this real.

This is fuckin gold xD

LOL

The infamous legendary “cabbage” skin took me hours of grinding. Behold its beauty
Honestly, this kind of reminds me of World of Warcraft when I used to play. I always felt the Heroic and Mythic raid armor looked incredibly stupid half the time. People put endless hours into grinding that gear. You'd think the developers would spend endless hours in kind making armor people would drool over. Instead, they created the transmog system so people could make their raid armor not look dumb.

But yeah ... nothing even remotely compares to the garbage that is Concord. The cabbage gear makes no sense.

I assure you all the devs think it’s the effect a successful case of alt right incel review bombing.
If 17% of gamers are LGBTQIA+, then why did this game that was specifically made for this demographic have a peak of like 600 active players? Does LGBTQIA+ just not care about shooters? Or is this game so terrible that it appeals to absolutely no one, not even the folks it was designed for?

Guilty_AI

I assure you all the devs think it’s the effect a successful case of alt right incel review bombing.
That's just what they tell the media, they're certainly in internal blameshift mode by now and sony is most definitely preparing purges.

Last edited:

geary

Make it f2p with characters that cost money

No need to refund anyone that buys it
To do it F2P, they need to come with a strategy for monetisation. Right now, its strategy is for B2P. To do that, they’ll need 3-6 months at minimum, taking into consideration they need to work on the seasons they promised. 3-6 montha without players is abysmall for a GAAS game.

kevboard

Make it f2p with characters that cost money

No need to refund anyone that buys it

they can't make the characters cost money due to their dumb ass concept that forces you to change character after each round you win.

with 5 people on your team, and no doublicate characters allowed, in a match that goes full length there would be a big chace that free players would run out of characters to select due to the ones they got for free already being taken by teammates

Last edited:
they can't make the characters cost money due to their dumb ass concept that forces you to change character after each round you win.

with 5 people on your team, and no doublicate characters allowed, in a match that goes full length there would be a big chace that free players would run out of characters to select due to the ones they got for free already being taken by teammates
How does this game keep sounding worse all the time?

kevboard

How does this game keep sounding worse all the time?

crazy right? lol

but yeah. a free player basically would at least need to be able to use 3 characters per patch, and enough so that his 4 team mates can select 3 characters each without the possibility of them ending up taking away your remaining characters in the final round.

in a game like Apex Legends, or Valorant, it's not nearly as complicated. there it would be enough to have the number of free characters match the team size, which is easy to do... but in Concord it would get complicated. ESPECIALLY if multiple free players are in one match, and all of them have only the same free characters unlocked.

Last edited:

HogIsland

If 17% of gamers are LGBTQIA+, then why did this game that was specifically made for this demographic have a peak of like 600 active players? Does LGBTQIA+ just not care about shooters? Or is this game so terrible that it appeals to absolutely no one, not even the folks it was designed for?
This game is a billion percent just pandering to Marvel fans. The idea that it was intended for The Gays is sad, they made it for you buddy.

crazy right? lol

but yeah. a free player basically would at least need to be able to use 3 characters per patch, and enough so that his 4 team mates can select 3 characters each without the possibility of them ending up taking away your remaining characters in the final round.

in a game like Apex Legends, or Valorant, it's not nearly as complicated. there it would be enough to have the number of free characters match the team size, which is easy to do... but in Concord it would get complicated. ESPECIALLY if multiple free players are in one match, and all of them have only the same free characters unlocked.
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Varteras

Man. That fabled "modern audience" is right up there with Big Foot, Loch Ness, and my sex life. Just can't seem to pin it down.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Man. That fabled "modern audience" is right up there with Big Foot, Loch Ness, and my sex life. Just can't seem to pin it down.
The difference is those things keep out of site even if true…. Even your pervy sex life! :)

The loud modern audience on social media is actually out there jumping up and down looking for attention. Problem is they are few, got zero money and look like they don’t even play games.

Banjo64

cumsessed
You really think that people will buy skins or characters for this game?

We've already seen the horrible character design, but this is a legendary skin for this game:

No one is going to plop down their hard earned cash for something this ugly in a F2P game.

It’s a failing of Sony themselves that they haven’t rigorously scrutinised what market research took place for this game.

The character design and skins are amongst the worst looking things I’ve laid eyes on in a game.

Where is this figure from? Although I must concede in a certain forum, 80% of the demographic seems to belong to the alphabet community.

Where is this figure from? Although I must concede in a certain forum, 80% of the demographic seems to belong to the alphabet community.
It was a figure posted previous by someone else here from a questionable source. If that figure was true, then either this game failed so miserably as to appease no one, or that demographic simply hates games like this. Same with Dustborn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom