• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitten

Have they found the equivalent yet of the Crescent Falchion+1 or the Drake Sword, powerful weapons for the first stages that can be gotten early ?

Garcia

The starting textures and level of detail in the intro level looks noticeably worse than in Dark Souls, why is that? Like, seriously, I am having difficulty playing this game right now after all of the anticipation... I understand it's not a game designed to visually impress anyone, but I feel like this is way worse than Dark Souls 1 even. I'm not sure what's going on, really. I know this shouldn't be normal.

Like it seriously looks awful on my television - on 720p... definitely worse than Dark Souls 1 for some reason.

There's been a vibrant exchange of points of view discussing all the shortcomings of Dark Souls 2 in this other thread. Almost 200,000 views in less than 48 hours. It speaks of problem that couldn't be objectively discussed in this OT. You can share your opinions over there if you like.

Grinchy

Banned
Juliet's 8½ Spirits;103901064 said:
just got back from best buy
here we gooooooo

wtf, did Best Buy do a midnight release? I could have picked my copy up already?? DAMN IT. I had no idea. I buy everything through Amazon so I'm not used to this stuff.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Lack of manuals is one of the reasons I don't mind goin' digital for PS4. Physical copies aren't what they used to be and I'm not buying the fancy limited for every game. Dark Souls 2 might be one of, if not my last, physical copy.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
At my Gamestop most people were there for Titanfall but I think DS2 will do just fine. It will get subsequent boosts from JP and EU, much less PC in April. These games always have legs.

Sanctuary

The starting textures and level of detail in the intro level looks noticeably worse than in Dark Souls, why is that? Like, seriously, I am having difficulty playing this game right now after all of the anticipation... I understand it's not a game designed to visually impress anyone, but I feel like this is way worse than Dark Souls 1 even. I'm not sure what's going on, really. I know this shouldn't be normal.

Like it seriously looks awful on my television - on 720p... definitely worse than Dark Souls 1 for some reason.

It's definitely a major downgrade. Not even just the graphics either, the aesthetics seem "off". It looks more like a King's Field game than either of the previous Souls games, and I'm not talking about atmosphere.

Also, the weapon attacks and feedback seem WAY OFF. There's no weight or impact with them and they feel super floaty. I also knew that the backstab was changed, but I never knew about the animation being the way that it is. You basically slash their back and then your hand just kind of plunges into them. I'm not sure that the PC version is going to correct much of any of this, since most of it's not even graphic related.

Barakov

I found a
coffin around those two giant monsters, I got in, it showed me a cutscene of me floating away in the coffin but then I appeared right back where I started. WTF. I guess that comes into play later? Dont answer me if its a spoiler.

You're in for a big surprise the next time you decide to change your helmet.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
You basically slash their back and then your hand just kind of plunges into them.

Backstab animation depends of the weapon you are using

ibqlcNnM8ppdEw.gif

Garcia

It's definitely a major downgrade. Not even just the graphics either, the aesthetics seem "off". It looks more like a King's Field game than either of the previous Souls games, and I'm not talking about atmosphere.

Also, the weapon attacks and feedback seem WAY OFF. There's no weight or impact with them and they feel super floaty. I also knew that the backstab was changed, but I never knew about the animation being the way that it is. You basically slash their back and then your hand just kind of plunges into them. I'm not sure that the PC version is going to correct much of any of this, since most of it's not even graphic related.

Your views match exactly what this review explains in detail.

LOL holy shit guys.

Well I better switch that back.

So many options on where to go! Covenants that do nothing right now cause the damn servers are down!!!

J4g3r

Don't expect the download to go live dead on 12:01am PST. Someone I know preordered Lightning Returns on PSN and it didn't even unlock for download until 12:30am.

:(

How exactly does dual wielding work? Is it sword in one hand, knife in the other and are there limits on either? Also, do they both do the same damage that they'd do as a right hand weapon?

Conezays

Don't expect the download to go live dead on 12:01am PST. Someone I know preordered Lightning Returns on PSN and it didn't even unlock for download until 12:30am.

:(

Interestingly (or not, haha), I remember beginning to download GTAV on PSN around 9:30 Pacific at launch last time.

SERVERS UP BROS

Right as its time to go to bed =D.

Had fun, dying for 3 hours.

Honestly think I'll reroll into a different class in the morning, Depraved really offers nothing, especially since you don't even get a club/broken sword/any weapon. At least you start with that cool Imported Set or whatever it's called.

I'll probably jump over to Sorcered/Warrior/Wanderer and get a fresh start/jump on the Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom