• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

I don't know if I can wait for superior pc version. I want to play so bad. Maybe I should just get the pc version during summer steam sale or winter steam sale. I don't know why I want it so bad. I got titanfall on pc and a back log of games on vita to play still.

BigDug13

Will there be a physical release of the PC version? Or what we see in steam for pre-order is basically it?

Yes, I've seen pictures of game boxes on their website that shows that PC-DVD logo on it. So physical on PC is in, like almost all retail games still are despite peoples' assumption that just because they personally use Steam exclusively, that must mean physical is dead on PC. It's not.

It doesn't freeze for me, but it keeps trying to mke me download that theme I already have. lol

I remember GTAV doing the same, but I don't remember how much time it took for it to finally be live.

Grinchy

Banned
My Best Buy is open at 10am. It's now 3am. I really need to get to sleep soon and stop thinking about this damn game.

I'm already watching ManvsGame's DS2 stream (since I've already seen the beginning and he plays SLOW).

Tain

I'm surprised that the game has an uncapped framerate and that the 360 version runs as smooth as it does. I only glanced briefly but it seems noticeably smoother than the PS3 version.

Deadstar

From IGN Review:
Oh, and remember how awful the frame rate got back in the original when you entered Blighttown? Dark Souls II runs at a steady 30 frames per second throughout the entire campaign without a hiccup. Even in areas brimming with enemies and environmental interactions, the game never slows down, meaning that you’ll never have anyone to blame for a “You Died” screen other than yourself.

Glad to hear there is no slowdown!

I'm surprised that the game has an uncapped framerate and that the 360 version runs as smooth as it does. I only glanced briefly but it seems noticeably smoother than the PS3 version.

This seems to be the early consensus, Dark Souls 1 was also a tiny bit smoother on 360, it will be interesting to see the digital foundry results as it looks like there might be a bigger difference this time.

-Ryn

Banned
Can't believe it's finally here. DARK SOULS 2 IS HERE!

Not for me though... gotta wait until morning to pick up a copy.

pa22word

From IGN Review:

Glad to hear there is no slowdown!

It's IGN, so I wouldn't take that as the word of god. Especially considering I've heard lots of reports otherwise mentioning it getting down to the mid 20s, especially from the torches and such.

As far as tech stuff goes I'd wait on the DF article.

Deadstar

This is not what we've heard from several people who have been playing.

Pretty strange...it seems like something you would clearly recognize one way or another. Maybe they played on the xbox, the review didn't mention it. I prefer the ps3 controller so I'm still going with the ps3 version.

From the Gamespot review:
There are very occasional frame rate issues that intrude on the grim elegance, but nothing on par with Dark Souls' Blighttown struggles.

Veggy

Wtf is this shit, my PS3 either freezes when trying to download the game from PSN or I get sent back to the main PS3 screen

Seance

Banned
PSN on PS3 is so bad it just froze my console

wtfwtfwtf

wheres my game?

why do I keep seeing 3MB Dynamic theme?!

My ps3 just froze haha

I get the same thing when i select download.

Same here. When I go to "Download" it simply hard locks my system :(

It's freezing every time I check to see if I can download it...

we're all dead

No download option for me on PSN.

Well this is off to a fine start. i forgot just how awful the ps3 psn experience is

I'm also stuck in the pre-order not appearing on my download list camp, what a bummer.

PSN pls...

Wtf is this shit, my PS3 either freezes when trying to download the game from PSN or I get sent back to the main PS3 screen

Oh boy.

zoobzone

This is just the US PSN being PSN.

I remember Diablo 3, GTA 5 had the same problems, if I recall correctly Diablo 3 was late on the store by 5-6 hours.

Jobbs

Banned
I go to "view downloads" and only the dynamic theme is there. Is there where I'm supposed to look for my digital preorders? I haven't digitally preordered before.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Well really, if you say a very anticipated game will be available to download at something as specific as "12:01am PST" and then it comes to be past that time when people are probably putting off sleep to play etc. etc. and people naturally get frustrated.

Set expectations reasonably and then strive to beat them, don't go giving times to the minute unless that shit is programmed and going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom