• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting summoned within 30 seconds of putting a sign down every time. Once I put a sign down and literally 3 seconds later I got summoned. I have Open NAT btw

Oh ok good, might be because the servers are better tonight. This morning, every time I'd put a sign down, my character would get summoned almost instantly (and in the most weird places lol), but it would fail the second after.

sappyday

Man the atmosphere and level design is so amazing. My only problem is that the game feels clunky? Feels like there is hit detection and it isn't as snappy as Dark Souls. Still though I anticipate every location I go through.

Jobbs

Banned
has anyone been invaded yet, or been able to invade anyone, or had any of their pvp convenant rings fire? I've had zero pvp after a full day of play.

The audio hiccups in this game kind of drive me nuts. :(

It's awesome to have new content again. Some things I have to get used to like the combat feels different, but I'm having a ton of fun. I'm getting a lot of Demon's vibe from it so far.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
For the PS3 players, how are the servers going? Is it still impossible to get summoned? And if it still happens, does it still do the bug where if it fails to join a world, you can't put your sign back on the ground until you've quit to the main menu and rejoined your game?

i'm getting summoned literally seconds after i use the soapstone but i can't summon anyone

Jobbs

Banned
Are you mostly using weapons of the same class to get into the power stance, or dual wielding with different types of weaps?

I like the power attacks, so I only dual wield if they work. I can definitely mix axes and swords or maces, so I'm not sure what types mean, but yeah, I use the stance.

Load times in this game are easilt twice as long as they were in the first. Weird.

Welp, in the process of leveling myself up to wield the halberd I'm sure I'm knocking myself out of every conceivable co-op spot. I guess I knew that would happen. I don't really intend on making a devoted co-op character until the community agrees on a level range for that sort of thing.

Does human effigy have finite number in 1 walkthrough? As I have wasted 2 already burned 1 by accident and 1 to restore humanity.
Wondering this too. Any way to get them via co-op? Otherwise I'll just play the whole game at 50% health...

Zeliard

I like the power attacks, so I only dual wield if they work. I can definitely mix axes and swords or maces, so I'm not sure what types mean, but yeah, I use the stance.

You're able to get into the power stance when mixing weapons? I thought it only worked with weapons of the same class (e.g. two daggers, straight swords, curved swords, etc).

Goddamn this game is kicking my ass. It's so much tougher for me than Dark Souls because I used a guide and stuff to know where things were and what to watch out for. Exploring by myself and having everything be brand new.

Early enemy/boss (?) spoilers:
I climbed up a ladder and suddenly a huge bird flew by and dropped a shiny-looking knight right in front of me, who proceeded to one-shot me after I dodged a few attacks out of fear. He didn't get an intro or a health bar so I assume he's not a boss, but holy shit did that come out of nowhere.

I love this game.

MrDaravon

Finally beat my first boss,
Dragonrider
. Wasn't too bad, came close on a few tries, finally used my first effigy so I could have max health then beat him on that try. Only afterwards did I find out that there was a second switch I could have hit that would have helped me a bit more lol.

Feel a bit directionless; I definitely need to level up but I feel way less unsure of what stats I want in this game as opposed to Dark Souls. In that game I just ran super light and parry/riposte'd everything to death, but that doesn't seem to work at all here with the changes to riposte. I may wind up going a mid-weight build or something, but having hard time determining what stats to level up now. There's two bosses that I can get to right now but the first literally one-shots me, and the second one (the one if you continue on past the one I beat above) is kind of a pain to get to since I need to run past most of the enemies on the way. I still need to explore the other path past the boss I beat, but other than that there's nothing else going on at the moment that I know about. Will probably need to grind out some levels, I may need to clear some more zones of enemies or something.

Also I found where you can check your deaths, I died 59 times today. I don't think I died 59 times in the entirety of Dark Souls. Sadface.

Man the atmosphere and level design is so amazing. My only problem is that the game feels clunky? Feels like there is hit detection and it isn't as snappy as Dark Souls. Still though I anticipate every location I go through.
I feel the same. It may change once you get high agility though

putarorex

What is the consensus on the easiest starting class (the pyromancer of DS2)? I'm getting the game tomorrow and want to start with something easy, but the knight looks cool.

NIN90

Does human effigy have finite number in 1 walkthrough? As I have wasted 2 already burned 1 by accident and 1 to restore humanity.
Looks like they have a small chance to drop frim enemies. Also, getting summoned and defeatibg a boss will restore your humanity as well.

Con_Smith

Banned
How's the online portion guys. My router died the day before the servers got updated so that's the only portion I missed. Guess it's good I been so casual on my early playthroughs. 5 characters in and the furthest I got was the persuer. :(

sixghost

I'm I in the complete wrong place? The last boss I beat was the
Pursuer
, and now I'm trying to beat the
Sentinels
, but I haven't even come close once. Is there some big trick I'm missing, or am I in the wrong place. I've tried with two different characters.

-Ryn

Banned
This game is amazing!
The combat is definitely a step up and I swear it's so beautiful. The attention to the little details is also really cool like how your clothes actually get what and if you roll in the water your soaked.

Still working on my own skulls though. Need some practice lol

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Well I died 4 times in the tutorial area.

But I found out what that coffin down there by the lake does! I was determined dammit!

Those Walrus dudes are no joke. The enemy attack tracking is definitely different. I'm going to have to get used to that.

MrDaravon

If they're tracking this then why can't it track your personal? Although I have been keeping count and it's been 8 so far. My first death was falling off the ledge in the very start of the game.

If you go into Offline mode it does seem to track your deaths. I played online earlier and it was at 225k worldwide or something like that. Then I switched into Offline mode later when the servers died and it said worldwide deaths were like 44, and I checked a couple times after that and it always seemed to correspond with how many times I had died. I also played across 3 different sessions (quit game) so it does seem to track across sessions both offline and online.

Astral

Is there any good reason to wanna stay alive when you have the Ring of Binding? With that equipped, the loss of health isn't very significant.

Ultrabum

I'm I in the complete wrong place? The last boss I beat was the
Pursuer
, and now I'm trying to beat the
Sentinels
, but I haven't even come close once. Is there some big trick I'm missing, or am I in the wrong place. I've tried with two different characters.

I am doing the same thing and have no idea if I'm in the "right" place lol

aFIGurANT

It's mostly just an inconvenience. You can warp to her from any bonfire, so it's roughly the same as in Dark Souls, but requires an extra step (and loading screen).
My gripe here is that the hub is so bad compared to both of the previous games. Add in the 45 second load screen and I'm kind of disappointed. I'm sure the PC version will look nice but there's too much saturation in the color palette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom