• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuklear

Banned
Whomever thought putting jump with the click of the left stick was a good idea should be fired. Yes this is rage talking but clicking it by accident is so infuriating. Why didn't they just leave it on the circle button?

Dresden

Whomever thought putting jump with the click of the left stick was a good idea should be fired. Yes this is rage talking but clicking it by accident is so infuriating. Why didn't they just leave it on the circle button?

Switch it back to circle in the menu.

So..No Balder Side Sword equivalent? Specifically the R2 thrust attack?

The longsword's 2hR2 and the drangleic great sword's 1hR2 are the closest I've seen so far.

BigDug13

So I'm still trying to get an answer. Does the digital copy on PS3 perform better than the disc copy? I rented it on gamefly and it runs like shit with constant hiccups as it tries to steam off the disc.

Jeramii

Banned
Switch it back to circle in the menu.

correct!

I absolutely love having it as L3! In Sens Fortress on Dark Souls I had a tendency to miss the jump to the blacksmith every now and then... So far I haven't missed a single jump.

My only issue is the tap circle and fall to your death on a ladder. :(

Giolon

What did they do to the Halberd?

The overhead attack is so sloooooooooooow. I went through all of the first game with it and now I feel like I wasted my shards on upgrading this POS.

I'm really sad they basically swapped the 1-Hand/2-Hand R2 attack from the Longsword. if you want to do a thrust with it now, you have to 2-hand it, but that change basically removed all reason to use the Longsword over something else as far as I'm concerned.

Brohan

So i just picked up the
drangleic armor set plus sword,but when looking at the equipement screen im missing the helmet,is this correct?

Giolon

Also, is there any way to replenish vendor inventory or when they're sold out of something is that it for good?

I'm starting to get really worried about Human Effigies...

Also, is there any way to replenish vendor inventory or when they're sold out of something is that it for good?

I'm starting to get really worried about Human Effigies...

I don't think they replenish.

just try to conserve them as best you can at the moment.

First area spoiler (after tutorial):
Before you reach the first boss
(giant) there's a locked door. How can you open it? I bought a ring (reduced fall damage) and tried fighting against the fire-enemies....but no chance.

Jeramii

Banned
Welcome to Dark Souls II!

Enemies don't infinitely respawn anymore.

I have a love/hate relationship with this.

there is an item you can use that will make them respawn, but they'll be much harder apparently.

Three hours in and no death yet. Hmmmm

I made it about 3 hours also... But I was moving so slow and careful that I didn't get snuck up on, or surrounded. Made almost no progress in the actual game though.

Dresden

dalVlatko

The sentinels and lead up to it are kicking my ass.
Defeated the boss of the Forest of the Giants
the Last Giant

So what do I do now? Heide's Tower? It's so hard.
The key you get opens up a couple of doors. One takes you to a new boss and a new area

Dies Iræ;104134662 said:
Are effigy's the only way to regain humanity?

You can put down your summon sign and help other to regain humanity. Its doesn't seem to be clear exactly when it happens though.

Mindlog

Only a pair of hours in at most and making decent progress. Using a flame sword I found even though I plan on a quality build with no magic at all. Don't care right now.
First legit death? Fell off a cliff because I had my menu up and didn't kick over the log.
Some big dud glitched out on me and wouldn't load earlier.
The servers are down for me again even though the website says they're up.

I want to play. Playing offline is not playing -_-

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Oh my god this fucking game. I just feel so weak. No poise, no stamina, Flasks take so long to replenish health and I only have 2. Fuck.

ironcreed

Banned
The Ring of Giants must scale with gear. I had on the standard knight set and it was 50.0, but I become slower. So I put on some leather leggings to lighten me up and it is now at 38.0

HeelPower

Major boss spoiler

I just beat the lost sinner and its apparently one of the four old ones.Also a primal bonfire has been lit.

Was an extremely difficult fight.The game is SO exact on when to use an estus flask.This makes it much harder than DS1 imo.I had to use an Estoc to beat the damn as it recovers super quickly.Otherwise I couldn't have possibly beat the damn boss.

This game is SO hard.

Sanic

I've done a lot of exploring at this point, and is it safe to say that
Forest of Fallen Giants
is where I should be heading right after reaching
Majula
? (very early game spoilers)

The enemy respawn depletion is just frustrating. Okay, so I tend to make some flubs in this game and I frequently lose several thousand souls on my way back to the hub for cash ins on levels and items. When I make these flubs and lose those souls, and often, I keep running up against the depletions. So I have this open world game with no enemies in it and a large sense that I've wasted so much of my time.

God, I hope there's a solution to this we all haven't found yet because it's making me not like this game.

Jeramii

Banned
I haven't had a chance to play Co-op yet. Does anyone know what benefits you get between the two types of soapstones?

What benefits does a phantom get? do you earn yourself a human effigy, or lifegems?

Googling this leads me to lots of results for the original Dark Souls.

Clevinger

The enemy respawn depletion is just frustrating. Okay, so I tend to make some flubs in this game and I frequently lose several thousand souls on my way back to the hub for cash ins on levels and items. When I make these flubs and lose those souls, and often, I keep running up against the depletions. So I have this open world game with no enemies in it and a large sense that I've wasted so much of my time.

God, I hope there's a solution to this we all haven't found yet because it's making me not like this game.

Can you play online? Do co-op. Easy way to get souls.

Samyy

I think this is really to nudge you into doing co-op, helping others clear areas gives you souls + going back and helping with bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom