• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit a little bit of a wall with
The Last Sinner
Dude is no joke. I think I need to up my stamina a bit to recover from the blocks. My dual swordsman build fell through SUPER fast lel.

Eyothrie

Is forest of the giants basically a dead end after the last giant? I can't find any exits to new areas, so I'm currently headed back to Majula.

LordCanti

So GAF, i killed the 4
Old Ones and the Emerald Herald now says to go to the King Castle beyond the forest, but i can't find it
HELP ME.

Go to the bonfire with the
fog area, in the area where you had to un-stone the lady to flip the switch and get in. From that bonfire (Ruined Fork Road), you want the furthest door on the left when you're looking into the room with the bonfire. Go all the way down the path, and there should be a pillar blocking the road and a dude to fight (if you haven't killed him already). Near there, there is a small path that leads up to the Shrine of Winter.

Is it true that
to get the true ending, you gotta beat the game twice? could someone explain this please?

Aww, I hope that isn't the case. Then again, if I can suffer through Bravely Default's last 4 chapters to
get the true ending, I can do it with Dark Souls II
lol.

Is forest of the giants basically a dead end after the last giant? I can't find any exits to new areas, so I'm currently headed back to Majula.

I think there's some more doors you can unlock with the new Soldier Key in the forest area.

Mazre

Had a productive evening:
Cleared a large chunk of Forest of Giants past the second bonfire
Killed a boss
Got 2 Bastard Swords (and enough stats to use one)
Got 2 estus flask shards
Got white sign stone (+ small variant)

I can't remember all of them, but I know you get one from talking to a npc multiple times in the
forest area. Not directly in the forest parts, but it's the npc who tells you to go investigate the area behind the gate for treasures.

I talked to him until his dialog started looping, and he didn't give me anything.

Is he the one that gives you the white soapstone or someone else?

don't worry..the boss destroyed me and drained most of my resources lol

Awesome fight!

I went back to the vendor in The Forest of Fallen Giants and bought 10 lifegems to use in the area, so that I didn't spend any Estus Flasks uses before the boss fight.

Even then, I nearly died at the end. D:

todd360

I'm at
sinner sword guy boss battle I hear there's a key that let's you light a fire to see it boss better with. Is that true? If so where is key?

I talked to him until his dialog started looping, and he didn't give me anything.

Sorry, I can't remember which item he gave me. I think I only got the item after going through the gate and looping back around to him, though. Can't be certain.

The (late-ish game boss)
great soul is on the ground in her boss fight chamber. It's a glowing red orb thingy you have to pick up.
Yeah, I picked that up but
I can't find it in my inventory anywhere. When I picked it up, the swirl graphic turned blue and then later a giant crystal appeared where it was.
But thanks, I'll keep trying to figure out where to go next.

Even then, I nearly died at the end. D:

image.php

Is anyone else going paladin build? I never tried it in DkS1, so I'm a bit nervous about stat allocation early on.

I picked the cleric as starter class, and have used my first 7 levels on str/dex for weapon requirements. Considering my end is still at 3, should I be pumping this up next? I haven't come across any new spells yet, so I don't see much reason to level up faith just yet.

Mana Sin

He gives you the
White Soapstone when you exhaust his dialog after you enter the gated area next to him and loop back around to him

I clearly don't get how the white soapstones work (never used them in DS1, but I feel lost in this and want to co-op). I've blown two effigies trying to have it enabled and it's always grayed out. Too afraid to leave the bonfire because I don't want to become hollow in 3 minutes :p

HoJu

They annoyed you that much eh? lol

I accidentally slapped one of them with my sword (hate the Dualshock 3 sometimes - if you set it down, you sometimes hit the L2/R2 buttons lol), and she just exclaimed something about me being rude or whatever. lol Not sure about actually killing them.

I just want to make them stop laughing
and I want the human effigies they possess

Can someone help me? I'm getting pingponged between getting destroyed by the
Forgotten Sinner
or the
Belfry Gargoyles
. Is there anywhere else I can go? Both
No Mans Wharf
and T
he Forest of the Giants
pushed me towards the
Lost Bastille
, and these seem to be the only place I can go and they seem impossible. Also, where can I get more
Pharros
stones? I bought one from a merchant, and used another that I found, but there's always more rooms that i missed.

Artorias

Banned
I clearly don't get how the white soapstones work (never used them in DS1, but I feel lost in this and want to co-op). I've blown two effigies trying to have it enabled and it's always grayed out. Too afraid to leave the bonfire because I don't want to become hollow in 3 minutes :p

You're either in a no summon zone, or you may have been kicked off line. I've always had to go back to the title screen to get back on :(

In the one section with the 200 statues, I spent the first time meticulously cutting them down.

After that, I just ran like a motherfucker as fast as I could

late game spoilers!

So I found another old soul at the bottom of the well in town and now I have 3. I killed a spider and the sinner already and have no idea where to check next

Quikies83

Weird....I was in Grave of Saints, in human form, an area I hadn't cleared yet. I had just warped there from the hub world.

Note: I had no summon sign down.

I walked into the first area next to the bonfire, and before I could kill my first rat I was pulled into a loading screen.

Eventually I was brought back to the same area with a message that said 'You have been summoned to 'Pontoon_Hands' World'...

Strange, as I said before, I hadn't dropped a summon sign down. And I wasn't a white phantom. I walked into the next room and Pontoon_Hands came at me and killed me.

I then appeared back in my own game, no souls lost, still in human form.

It's like someone summoned me at random into his world to do PVP...I didn't know that could even be done. Is this really a thing?

Ha same thing just happened to me. The other player was in a special rodent covenant ;) They suck you into their world when you're in their area.
Pretty cool if you ask me.

Nuke Soda

Lost all my humanity, lost all my souls, losing my mind, yep this is Dark Souls all right. Keep dying fighting
knights in sort of turtle armor.
They are not that hard except you are on a ledge and 1 hit sends you into the abyss.

Grisby

So I guess it's probably a good idea to out some stat points into the equipment load stat (vit) if I'm looking into heavier armor. No Havel ring coming to my aid anytime soon I take it?

So many useful stats. So many souls wasted,
:(

enoki

If FROM didn't take inspiration from Silent Hill, I'll be shocked.

Both enemies and locales give off that vibe.

Love this game so far. Enjoying it off the bat more than I did the other two games. Performs better than the other two games as well. Win win win.

Mana Sin

(NPC stuff) It's a small touch, but I like how
Lucatiel takes off her mask the second time you meet her. Makes you feel like you actually made a friend in this screwed up place.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Sucks that the 360 servers are down. I have yet to be online in this game. It was down last night for me too. The world feels so empty :(

Edit: Check that, I'm online! Woo! The notice they posted is that they're still having problems though.

Nuke Soda

There was an NPC siting in a long enemy filled hallway and I figured he was a baddie, felt bad after I realized that he was a friend, but we were already fighting.

Raw64life

A few hours in and loving it, happy that the graphics look better than they did in streams although the textures are still downright ugly in some cases.

My biggest beef with the PS3 version isn't the load times but rather the loading noise. My PS3 sounds like a jet engine and unless I'm standing still it's constantly making noise and a lot of it.

Ha same thing just happened to me. The other player was in a special rodent covenant ;) They suck you into their world when you're in their area.
Pretty cool if you ask me.

I wouldn't mind only for the fact that all the enemies become aggro to you! That's insane, it doesn't make sense. When someone invades it doesn't work that way. It's like anyone that wants to pvp has an immediate advantage.

Prototype

Man, something about this game. I really like it, and I've been enjoying myself since the start of the game. I remember when Dark Souls 1 came out, it took me a bit to "like" it because I kept comparing it to Demons Souls. I don't know if it's just the fact that it's a "sequel" and that's effecting my mind set psychologically or what. But the lack of healing items, frequency of weapon breaks, and overall challenge are all there. This could easily end up becoming my game of the year. Just have to see what else this year brings, but DS2 has set the bar pretty high in my opinion.

just made it to:
exile holding cell
and going back to Maj to do a huge level up and some equipment upgrades. I have so much Titanite I don't know what to do with it!

Saganator

Man,
The Pursuer
is making me feel like a bitch in the game. I know what to do, but I always fuck up somehow, its really annoying. The fight seems to take forever, which I think is my problem. I'm using pretty much all my starting gear and weapons, as a Swordsman, should I be going in there with some upgrades and higher level? I'm soul level 18. Think I'm just going to go human and summon some help.

Exr

Man,
The Pursuer
is making me feel like a bitch in the game. I know what to do, but I always fuck up somehow, its really annoying. The fight seems to take forever, which I think is my problem. I'm using pretty much all my starting gear and weapons, as a Swordsman, should I be going in there with some upgrades and higher level? I'm soul level 18. Think I'm just going to go human and summon some help.

Summon help or come back to him, I skipped ahead.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Really bummed by some of the changes.

Everything feels like it has lag now... I know this is supposedly tied to a stat or some shit, but it's really throwing me off.

But more than anything... taking away my parry has basically ruined most of the fun in game for me. You're forced into either two-handing or using a shield. Sorry, but this change is worse than any kind of noise we heard about fast travel or anything else... it's such a dumb decision. So now if you dual wield, you have NO DEFENSE AT ALL! You can't even get a %reduction block anymore! No parry, no block... unless you two-hand. Not worth the trade-off for getting reg R2 attack on the off-hand. And the dual wield power stance is retarded. Okay, so I get one strong attack that swings both weapons, but this costs me the ability to block attacks and parry? Yeah... fucking retarded.

Thanks FROM for basically killing 90% of the way I like to play SOULS.

The game is actually really cool in a lot of ways... but they completely ruined my dex playstyle with these pointless changes.

Prototype

Man,
The Pursuer

Dude, I feel you.

I died 16 times and it finally broke me down and I summoned other players to help me.

cheezcake

Man,
The Pursuer

Aromatic Ooze or Gold Pine Resin both work pretty well against him. Hug his shield side and attack there because it doesn't actually block phys dmg, oh and you can lifegem/estus pretty easily after his long thrust attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom