• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filth

Can some 1 please please answer: in the iron keep is their a shortcut or bonfire besides the beginning? I died to the iron king and the run back is terrible.

WTF, the
Ruin Sentinels
kicked my ass for like the past half hour. :( I finally beat them, but only after using a NPC summon in the area. Even with the summon, it took me a few tries. I mostly used the NPC as a distraction while I "tanked" the other one and attacked the same one my NPC was attacking so it died quickly. Pretty crazy.

The bracing knuckle ring is my favorite item so far. It slows down durability loss to a point where I don't need to carry around backup weapons.

I forget, where is that ring again?

Sane_Man

Apologies if this is the stupidest possibility that exists, but are you sure you have it ACTIVE. Meaning, you have it equipped, but have pressed left or right on the d-pad and equipped one of the blank slots (you have three for each hand) instead?

I'm both scared and excited that this may be it. I actually realised I could set my phone up as a wifi hotspot so just downloading the update now, but I'll try this after.

I may lie and deny this was causing the problem to save my blushes. Just being upfront.

Thanks!

jabuseika

Keep in mind that the invasion covenant is found much later in the game. You're only able to use the cracked red orbs once you are in that covenant, I believe. So the only invasions you are really going to get early on is the
bell covenant in Belfry Luna
and the
rat covenant in Grave of the Saints

I figured something like that was happening.

Though I did get some cracked red orbs early, I don't remember where.

I guess people can't complain about the game being unfair with invasions anymore. ^_^

I do enjoy building my character around denying invaders, and I was getting lonely with no-one invading.

UnrealEck

There's a lot more options for PVP besides invading. If you just want to gank people, they made it harder.

You are already dead.

I think my first Dark Souls run took me about 80 hours. You could speed through it and get done in maybe 30 or 40 I suppose.

I've already played it a good bit on both PS3 and PC. I just never finished it. I do have a pretty good character that would get me through the rest fairly easy so I might pick up where I left off.

Dresden

The executioner mobs at the huntsman's copse are a fucking pain. Can't even dash past them to the fog door because they're fast enough to catch up and kill you before you finish entering the door.

WTF, the
Ruin Sentinels
kicked my ass for like the past half hour. :( I finally beat them, but only after using a NPC summon in the area. Even with the summon, it took me a few tries. I mostly used the NPC as a distraction while I "tanked" the other one and attacked the same one my NPC was attacking so it died quickly. Pretty crazy.

I forget, where is that ring again?

Found it behind a secret door in the Lost Bastille. Comes after the boss you mentioned.

sixghost

I figured something like that was happening.

Though I did get some cracked red orbs early, I don't remember where.

I guess people can't complain about the game being unfair with invasions anymore. ^_^

I do enjoy building my character around denying invaders, and I was getting lonely with no-one invading.

The
Belfry
section of the
Bastille
is where you want to be if you want to PvP early on. It's practically non-stop if you're in the right level range.

ironcreed

Banned
Oh my God. Those of you worrying about gear have no idea. So many badass weapons and sets of armor. Some of which are only found in NG+. That is all I am going to say.

Found it behind a secret door in the Lost Bastille. Comes after the boss you mentioned.

Oh great! I definitely want that ring. Hopefully I can stumble upon it. I might have found it, but I died to the enemy behind a wall. Embarrassing, but as soon as I opened the secret wall, a
mummy-ish thing
2 shot me outta nowhere. Wasn't prepared for an enemy being behind there. lol

Ellite25

Forrest of Fallen giants spoiler?
After beatng the boss you can unlock the gate that's across the bridge near the second bonfire with the merchant next to it. After you go through that gate and go straight you come across a chest. I hit it and broke it but then read a message on the floor and it said "ring ahead" or something along those lines. What was in that chest and did I screw myself over badly by destroying that chest?

The story progression of the
armor merchant
in the house is pretty neat. Majula in general has a bit of Assassins Creed home upgrade feel now and it's better off for it.

Ultrabum

Keep in mind that the invasion covenant is found much later in the game. You're only able to use the cracked red orbs once you are in that covenant, I believe. So the only invasions you are really going to get early on is the
bell covenant in Belfry Luna
and the
rat covenant in Grave of the Saints

Sparring matches in blue knights are also popular

Prodigal

Banned
After watching Giant Bomb play through it a little, it seems like my PC monitor is making it look a lot crappier than it's supposed to. I know PC monitors aren't ideal for console gaming but it's running HDMI out...arrrrg.

Zukuu

Banned
Remove other upgrade paths, like the Meltstone in Demon Souls

No, that's "revert". Mundane cuts the damage in half, but I don'T see another benefit. The guide says it does "something" beneficial, but not more (as far as I've read on gamesfaq regarding the same question).

Question about the Pharos lockstones and how to use them: will I get a prompt to use them or is there some special way to activate them? Because I think I found a place to use one but I don't seem to be able to.

skynidas

Banned
No, where is that?

if you exhausted the dialog options with the lady on Heide's Tower Of Flame (upstairs from where you fought the Dragonrider) go back to Majula and follow the path as if you were going to Heide's Ruins. she will be standing next to a contraption, give her 2000 souls and she will move it, that's the path to Hunstmans Copse

Dresden

I need this so much on my katana. I know it's in
The Lost Bastille
, but I don't know where.

It's
in one of the secret passages after the Ruin Sentinels. Around the area where you first start meeting those petrifying bomb zombies.

Question about the Pharos lockstones and how to use them: will I get a prompt to use them or is there some special way to activate them? Because I think I found a place to use one but I don't seem to be able to.

You'll get a prompt. Just examine the right place (it's a vague face on the wall).

Obscura

Is there any use for Petrified Something other than trading?

And are dogs completely brain dead for every one else? I don't think they've actually attacked me once.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
if you exhausted the dialog options with the lady on Heide's Tower Of Flame (upstairs from where you fought the Dragonrider) go back to Majula and follow the path as if you were going to Heide's Ruins. she will be standing next to a contraption, give her 2000 souls and she will move it, that's the path to Hunstmans Copse

okay, thanks.

zewone

You'll find walls that have strange faces. Like dots for eyes and mouths. Pretty hard to miss when you see one, although they can be in off the route places.

Use the key there and it will make another, glowing face on a wall near by. Attack the wall and it will open.

I would totally pay for a ps4 60fps version of this game.

Happily pay. I ain't even mad.

AmyS

Alright, I am brand new to this series so I just picked up Demon's Souls and the first Dark Souls for PS3.

Been playing the some Demon's Souls, killed some knights, made it to Vanguard, the tutorial boss, got my ass kicked.

Okay, I'm hooked and haven't even tried Dark Soul's yet but I'm starting to see why these games are so good. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy Dark Souls II, but now I certainly will.

Also, really cannot wait for
Deep Down

Maybesew

Man I feel dumb. I was just watching a streamer and after killing (early boss)
Dragonrider
there is an NPC to talk to. I completely missed them.

-Ryn

Banned
Having such an awesome time with this game. Definitely a worthy sequel.
So has anyone figured out why you randomly turn human sometimes after being summoned?

Alright, I am brand new to this series so I just picked up Demon's Souls and the first Dark Souls for PS3.

Been playing the some Demon's Souls, killed some knights, made it to Vanguard, the tutorial boss, got my ass kicked.

Okay, I'm hooked and haven't even tried Dark Soul's yet but I'm starting to see why these games are so good. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy Dark Souls II, but now I certainly will.

Also, really cannot wait for
Deep Down
Welcome to Dark Souls.

Forrest of Fallen giants spoiler?
After beatng the boss you can unlock the gate that's across the bridge near the second bonfire with the merchant next to it. After you go through that gate and go straight you come across a chest. I hit it and broke it but then read a message on the floor and it said "ring ahead" or something along those lines. What was in that chest and did I screw myself over badly by destroying that chest?

The ring's properties:
slow HP Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom