• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjen

@_@ Wow, I'm really finally playing DS2, lol!

#1 - Were first person magic aiming and different spell strengths taken out? Can't find any info on them :(

I saw in ENB's video that you need to use the binoculars to do that, they have to be equipped as a weapon now.

Grudy

I spent 30 minutes trying to get that item in the cave under the second bonfire in huntsman corpse and I still can't get it ._. that jump is so annoying, I always reach the platform but continue to fall down.

Audioboxer

It's arrived! I got the card I wanted as well as it matches the CE figure!

IMG_20140314_131636.jpg

Voror

Okay, may be able to start tonight after all. Decided to do Swordsman for my starting class as I like the sound of it, but should I invest points into Adaptability for the extra Agility since it starts out low?

I had a friend say it wasn't worth it to invest the 38 total points for the agility. Is that accurate or would it be a good idea since I imagine I'll be rolling a lot?

NIN90

I spent 30 minutes trying to get that item in the cave under the second bonfire in huntsman corpse and I still can't get it ._. that jump is so annoying, I always reach the platform but continue to fall down.

You need to jump from the ledge that is closer to the ladder (right side when looking towards the platform). And you gotta jump pretty early.

Ristlager

Is the Heide Sword worth upgrading if you are on a dex build? Its the only c or better dex weapon I have (just killed the Last Giant). Found the flame sword as well, but it is D in dex, so I figure it is worse? Or do I find a better sword soon? Everyone is talking about the scimitar, but I have not found it yet.

Hupsel

Is Adaptability good? I still dont know how it works. Does it increase the recovery animation of your attacks and dodge...?

MilkBeard

There's more. You can scroll down.

I was wondering. Judging by all the locations people have been mentioning, there are more than what could fit in one one page. I've got about 3 slots left and yet I've heard people mention 4-5 places that I haven't been to yet.. I'm about 25 hours in. It's weird but I want to savor the experience now. I don't want to burn through it too fast, because you can't get that first time experience of enjoying a new game again. :)

Grudy

You need to jump from the ledge that is closer to the ladder (right side when looking towards the platform). And you gotta jump pretty early.

No I got that one, But after you get it, you can jump down towards a cave below, there is an item there that's really annoying to get.

Nintyb

Banned
Is the Heide Sword worth upgrading if you are on a dex build? Its the only c or better dex weapon I have (just killed the Last Giant). Found the flame sword as well, but it is D in dex, so I figure it is worse? Or do I find a better sword soon? Everyone is talking about the scimitar, but I have not found it yet.

Heide Sword is great but there is a great sword you can get after the 2nd boss that's a B scaling index. 25str/20dex

Listonosh

I'm a wizard and thats messed up.

Reading this is disappointing since I am going for the sorcerer build. I am really hoping for a new staff/wand or at least a weapon that uses INT.

I don't really agree with his view on magic. I've been using magic exclusively since the beginning of the game, and i'd say I'm about 50%-75% in the game with little to no problem taking enemies down with my various upgraded forms of Soul Arrow. I also use the very first staff in the game and have it at +8 right now, and it does decent damage.

MilkBeard

Okay, may be able to start tonight after all. Decided to do Swordsman for my starting class as I like the sound of it, but should I invest points into Adaptability for the extra Agility since it starts out low?

I had a friend say it wasn't worth it to invest the 38 total points for the agility. Is that accurate or would it be a good idea since I imagine I'll be rolling a lot?

Absolutely invest in Adaptability, I hear the Swordsman starts out pretty low. You'll want to up that as soon as you can. As for when the agility cap is, just watch the stats and you'll see when it stops being effective to put points there.

NIN90

No I got that one, But after you get it, you can jump down towards a cave below, there is an item there that's really annoying to get.

You can get to it another way. There's a couple of mushroom platforms in the cave just after the first Bonfire. You can use them to get down there. You'll still probably want the Cat Ring for that, tho.

UnrealEck

My science I just remembered how slow PS3 updates. Had to update it twice and it's painfully slow. Maybe I'll get in-game today though.

I found a crossbow last night but I don't have right stats to use it. Also some of the bloodstains are ridiculous. So many people jumping into the water at the entrance of the Forest of the Fallen Giants.

SJRB

Gold Member
O look at that, Europe got fucked again. Can one of my US brethren post a pic of their Black Armor steelcase?

anddo0

I'm so pissed. I wasted a Pharrors' Lockstone on an area I accessed before. I thought the whole point of invisible walls was getting to otherwise inaccessible areas.

Grudy

You can get to it another way. There's a couple of mushroom platforms in the cave just after the first Bonfire. You can use them to get down there. You'll still probably want the Cat Ring for that, tho.

Ohh thanks, I'll give it a try!

Edit: Time not well wasted, it was crap :(

Early covenant talk, not sure if I need to spoiler it or not but will anyway.

Is the Blue Sentinel covenant useless right now? It seems like nobody's invading in the early game, and Blue Sentinels are only summoned to help those in the Way of the Blue when they get invaded, right? So by the time you actually get to points with invasions people are in a different covenant and this the Sentinels won't be summoned?

I feel like this was a cool idea but may not end up being implemented as often as From May have expected. Maybe it'll change as the game is out longer.

In other news, I can't believe how much DSII has taken over my life. I'm sleep deprived (no pun intended) at work right now because I stayed up too late playing going 'just a little bit further, maybe there's another bonfire around the corner.' And I think I've barely cracked the surface of this game. So good.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can you get back on the ship once you get off from leaving the Wharf? I forgot to get the Pyromancy Flame from it before I left. Or if not, where can I get one?

Two questions for those that have gone through
misty part of Shaded Woods
area already.

1) Has anyone figured out where the beheaded NPC's body is or which enemy it's supposed to be? I am morbidly curious as to the fate of his body.

2) Anyone figured out what's up with that tree with a face that moans when you strike it?

In other news, I can't believe how much DSII has taken over my life. I'm sleep deprived (no pun intended) at work right now because I stayed up too late playing going 'just a little bit further, maybe there's another bonfire around the corner.' And I think I've barely cracked the surface of this game. So good.

It has pretty much nullified my progress on anything at work. I'm here surfing this thread instead of working. I wasn't prepared for this. I ended up taking two "sick" days when the game was released and I felt bad about it; I rarely get sick so I just had the sick days there, but yeah.

UnrealEck

I was wrong. Three updates and installation of the game.

Anyone know what the stat soft caps are for DS2? I'm thinking of going for a 2H build of some sort.

ElFly

Can you get back on the ship once you get off from leaving the Wharf? I forgot to get the Pyromancy Flame from it before I left. Or if not, where can I get one?

I did the same thing and I had to do the Wharf again. It's shorter the second time, since you don't need to ring the bell, but still.

Also, remember to
talk to the magic vendor next to the destroyed ship
before riding the ship.

NIN90

I did the same thing and I had to do the Wharf again. It's shorter the second time, since you don't need to ring the bell, but still.

Also, remember to
before riding the ship.

That dude just told me that I'm too dumb :(
I'm assuming he does that to other people as well since I found a bunch of "Try beating to a pulp" messages around.

Ferr986

O look at that, Europe got fucked again. Can one of my US brethren post a pic of their Black Armor steelcase?

Yeah, the steelcase from the EU version is shit compared to the US one. We got the game late, more expensive and with a shittier Black Armor edition.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Also, remember to
before riding the ship.

Yeah I talked to him the first time I went through. Shit guess I have to go back again now, Didn't really care for that area.

Point emote has really helped me there in getting people to light it.

Ill get summoned at the fog gate. Ill see the poison is still their. Ill run to the doorway in that room and point. They will come to the steps and look at me like i'm crazy. Some will follow me some will go into the fog gate.

Fhtagn

It seems to stop boosting your agility at 19 though, unless it starts up again every odd level up like some stats tend to do somethimes.

I used the respec after 20 hours and played around with it and agility soft caps at 38 but does continue to extremely slowly go up thereafter, like I know there's another point at 51 ADP.

I ditched magic entirely for now in favor of hitting 20, 20, 38 on vig/end/adp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom