• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need chunks to so I can keep upgrading my armour but I am not getting summoned to either bell tower at all. Has anyone figured out how level-based that PVP is yet? I'm level 106 which might be too high, certainly for the first bell tower.

Fhtagn

furthermore i find it stupid, that as a member of the bell covenant, you get invaded from other members of the bell.

I had the same thought until I realized you don't have to be in the bell tower to be summoned to defend it. I was in an entirely different area last night and got summoned three times until I took off the ring so I could make progress.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Currently farming (Bastille boss)
Ruin Sentinels
via summoning to get the required souls. Hosts keep being idiots, though. :(

Haha, yeah, that's the trouble with farming that boss. :p

Also, kept dying trying to play as a healing cleric. Guess my build ain't right for it, plus the host kept running away. I just want to heal you so you won't die!

ironcreed

Banned
Awesome game, but I expected a bit more variety of enemies at least in the starting areas. Holy shit at the
number of statue knights in the tower section
. gets really repetitive after a while since its almost always the same attack pattern.

There is a plethora of locations and enemies. Give it time, you will see.

Tiops

They really overused ambushes in the game. Every new room you have to keep turning the camera behind to see if five enemies are behind you.

Raxus

I am level 81 at Iron Keep and I can't find anyone to summon. Did I overlevel?
Yessss. Woke up this morning and one shot the boss I was stuck on last night.
Fuck you smelter demon
That is where I am at on PS3! Tell me we can play together!

Audioboxer

An eagle dropped a rather large Knight on top of a building who proceeded to absolutely decimate me. This is Dark Souls.

Worth turning back to a human to get some help? Doesn't seem like a main boss, but had an intro nevertheless.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Question: I joined the way of blue covenant. I've been invaded twice (and defeated the invaders each time). I didn't get a blue sentinel helper that I saw. I went back and talked to Mr. Mopey at the Majula monument. It said my covenant rank went up.

What happened?

Edit: Ok, just figured it out, sorry. I was under the impression the covenant rank would only go up if you defeated invaders with the active help of a blue sentinel protector.

Alucrid

Banned
I am level 81 at Iron Keep and I can't find anyone to summon. Did I overlevel?

That is where I am at on PS3! Tell me we can play together!

I would be happy to put a sign down, but I think the PS3 servers are down. Or at least I couldn't enter online mode when I logged on. The thing that really helped me was getting a
Gyrm Greatshield from the dwarf guys in the Pharos place.

edit: okay, was able to just get on, I put a sign down, will be there for about 20 mins or so

Any place specific where I can get Large titatine shard?

Later on you can buy an unlimited amount from a merchant.

Garcia

Holy shit at the (boss spoiler)
Belfry Gargoyles. Just tried to do some jolly co-op and got murdered! How many of those freaking things are there?!

I got pissed off during that boss battle because of how long it took to actually beat them; 10 minutes at least on my 2nd. try. It was just non-stop circling, dodging and finding an opening to attack. It's really annoying when you have to fight 4 or 5 them at the same time.

NIN90

Having tons of online issues on PS3 right now. Got booted with Ethernet cable error with only a sliver on the last sentinel left.

How do you get that Alva armor you guys were talking about?
You need to spend a certain amount at Maughlin's shop until he has his stock upgraded twice. First upgrade is around 1500 souls, not sure about the second.

bidguy

Banned
can anyone answer this pls ?
what does using the pharaoh lock stone in no mans wharf do ? does it only light up the area ?

nOoblet16

So is there any powerful weapon that you can find near the start of the game? Doing around 100 damage per hit (using the club from the DLC weapon) with slow ass animation is tedious especially in a boss fight. I feel like I am hitting enemies with a wooden stick because unlike DS1 you find a lot of moderately high health enemies around the early portion of the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Having tons of online issues on PS3 right now. Got booted with Ethernet cable error with only a sliver on the last sentinel left.

You need to spend a certain amount at Maughlin's shop until he has his stock upgraded twice. First upgrade is around 1500 souls, not sure about the second.

You need 16k.

NIN90

So is there any powerful weapon that you can find near the start of the game? Doing 50-60 damage per hit with slow ass animation is tedious especially in a boss fight. I feel like I am hitting enemies with a wooden stick because unlike DS1 you find a lot of moderately high health enemies around the early portion of the game.

There's
a good fire long sword near the second bonfire in the Forest of Fallen Giants

Area Question:
I've been to Gyrm's Respite a few times now and I still can't find anything to do there. All I see are bunch of lockstone holes that only activate traps to further increase my frustration. Is there one lockstone hole that actually does something?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Uh... items just respawned for me. That's not supposed to happen, right? Well in Majula spoilers:
used the ring to drop down their early, cleared out the area with the exploding zombies and got to blighttown 2.0 before bailing out of there. Went back later with the ladder npc, and all the items returned (except the Crystal Lizard)- got two ash knuckle rings now.

skynidas

Banned
Area Question:
I've been to Gyrm's Respite a few times now and I still can't find anything to do there. All I see are bunch of lockstone holes that only activate traps to further increase my frustration. Is there one lockstone hole that actually does something?

upstairs there's a boss fight

Truant

Just talked to the lady, but she didn't give me an estus flask. Weird, seeing as I can upgrade it since I found a shard nearby. Bug?

Edit: Never mind, it just didn't autoequip.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
As far as I know, no. I couldn't find one either.

EDIT:
There's a third bonfire location, though, if you're interested:
If you sneak up on the enemy at the top of the stairs that throws a barrel at you and kill him, you can roll the barrel down and blow up a wall to another bonfire that's a little closer.

Can't get back to it as far as I know.

There is a second bonfire behind a cracked wall down the stairs at the end of the walkway after the second tower. There is an explosive barrel at the top of the stairs you can push down and use to blow up the wall.

Go to where the Heide knight is, walk past him, there should be a bonfire in one of the prison cells.

That is, if you don't want to try doing the above posters methods

Thanks!

Maybe that key I found opens that locked door and that's where the Heide knight is because I didn't find him on my first trip through.

Grisby

Take advantage of the different resins. I was doing okay damage on a few bosses but kept dying. Used some lightning resin on my next try and was taking off big chunks of life quickly. Plus they look really cool, especially lightning.
Where can you get some lighting resin? Does the blacksmith in town have it?

I'm still getting my ass handed to me by the first bosses in lost Bastille.

Man, I'm having a ton of fun in (location)
Belfry Luna
. Helped out a bro clear out the level, got invaded by two people and killed them both, then killed the boss. I'm not having any luck when I get invaded myself, but I'm damn good at helping my bros out against invaders.

I think you can only get there if you enter from (area)
No Man's Warf

Nah you can get up from the other way, gotta climb back up? I've definitely gone from one end to the other multiple times exploring that zone.

As to the guy who saw the Pursuer, he respawns in the Iron Keep boss room after you beat that boss for basically a round 2, kinda like how the
flexile guy shows up near the path to the Caslte

A couple quick questions about early game NPCs:

Even though I don't want to use the armor he has, should I still buy the armor off the dude hanging out in Majula since he restocks? I'm wondering if he has a better lighter armor since I've been working with my Wanderer Set since I started and haven't upgraded anything at all in hopes to find something better.

Also, can you get the sorcerer dude in No Man's Wharf to come back to Majula? Or if I want to buy more spells, do I have to travel all the way back to him?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
protip: If you want more lockstones join the
rat
covenant.

Do not use any of your stones to activate any of the locks(traps) in
Gyrm's Respite
or the
rat area down the well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom