• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcayne

Finally got rank 3 in bellbro covenant but man...
the rewards suck! almost not worth spoiler tagging it, oh well
, working on rat king now... invasions are sloooowww

RoeBear

Ok about to go to NG+. Is there anything I might have missed? I already
killed everyone, and got the ancient dragon soul from the memory where Freja was.

This has probably been asked 50 times already but I haven't been here lately. Can someone tell me what the exact rules for when hollowing is reversed after being summoned? It only seems to happen <20% of the time when I help another player beat a boss, and it even happened a couple of times when I failed. Is it random or am I missing some specific condition that triggers it?

Ferrio

Banned
This has probably been asked 50 times already but I haven't been here lately. Can someone tell me what the exact rules for when hollowing is reversed after being summoned? It only seems to happen <20% of the time when I help another player beat a boss, and it even happened a couple of times when I failed. Is it random or am I missing some specific condition that triggers it?

No one knows... and turns out it *might* be a bug.

mollipen

Yea, figured the first "of the four" you finally down should have felt like a pivotal moment. Hell I wasn't even aware that WAS one of the four until I lit the fire in that bland pointless room. A shame.

Give the route I took, that boss was the third of the bunch I fought. But, I think I maybe ended up taking a different route through the game than a lot of others do. (Especially because by the time I gained a certain option for taking one path, I was long past going that way.)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
It's a bug, you aren't supposed to go back to Human.

Arcayne

Its a bug that was never intended. Consider it a freebie, activated effigy.

Edit: Totally agree Ferrio, its nice to have heh.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well shit. I blew my whole weekend playing this game. Loving it, but I may be stuck at the Smelter Demon. I'm out of human effigies and I have no idea where to get more. I have no chance facing him alone.

sixghost

Why is your DEX so high? What kind of weapons are you using?

I was using the Falchion for most of the game, then switched to the Uchigatana and Black Steel Katana. My next 20 levels all went into DEX to get it to 40. The reason is because the magic weapon spell tree combined with a weapon that scales well and attacks quickly can output a ton of damage. It really rounds out a caster to be able to switch it up and charge someone with some melee damage, or deal with someone that gets in on you.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm surprised people actually click on the red soapstone writings... figured people would shy away from it.

Makes sense though... someone with blue sentinel would get their tokens if they win and the red gets theirs if they win.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Also I think I'm stuck last I did was kill
the Ornstein dude and the dragonrider

Chake

Banned
I am 15 hours in and i still don't know how to open a hidden pathway/doors. I keep pressing X (PS3) and nothing is happening.

Zeliard

Haha, helping hosts out with Smelter brings back dark memories of Quelaag.

Incoming highly damaging AOE fire attack ---> me to the host: NO, BACK AWAY, BACK AWA --- aw, fuck.

fedexpeon

Banned
Haha, helping hosts out with Smelter brings back dark memories of Quelaag.

Incoming highly damaging AOE fire attack ---> me to the host: NO, BACK AWAY, BACK AWA --- aw, fuck.

At least the host didn't die to a trap chest trying to get to the boss...
Messages on the floor, telling him to block for arrow trap, emoting him NO DONT DO IT FUCKER! Yet, he still opened it anyway.
I literally ran in front of him and put up my shield up for him...and he still managed to die by rolling into them.
/sigh

Garland7G

jSKklnm.png
!

Stoze

Fuck, regarding Doors of Pharros:

Right when you come in after defeating Scorpioness Najka, What was inside the chest up the stairs to the left, the one that the dwarf guy was guarding? I wailed on him not realizing you could destroy chests.

Eusis

Whoever's bright idea it was to
not put in a lava protect ring like in Dark Souls 1 THEN throw a bunch of chests on lava areas with only flash sweat and getting your feet wet in a puddle as half assed measures, particularly when one of them is on a very tight series of jumping challenges
should be thrown into a volcano.

EDIT: I
completed that jumping challenge and got a Bonfire Ascetic. Because naturally anyone willing to run over near molten rock either loves pain or an idiot, and either way needs a suitable reward.

SharkJAW

what happens if you unpetrify those minotaur dudes in the shaded forest?
one drops a key that frees an NPC that creates boss soul weapons, one leads to another fragrant branch and something else, I can't remember, and another leads to a scorpion NPC you can summon for the area boss if you have the "listen to enemy ring"

Dresden

lol, died twice to the
Darklurker already.
This wouldn't hurt so much if it wasn't for the
effigies needed to just open the portal to him.

Joined the
bell dudes,
is that the one i get Titan chunks from?

Yep, and you'll get 'em by the truckload. Last night I wasn't even waiting more than 10 seconds between invasions. It was awesome!

Also, I reckon I'll go a quality build for my next character. Elite Knight set and two-handing a longsword.

SharkJAW

Lol, I'm convinced the Bell Covenant is meant to piss everyone that wants to challenge the boss off. I'm still a member for my chunks :p

Jobbs

Banned
one drops a key that frees an NPC that creates boss soul weapons, one leads to another fragrant branch and something else, I can't remember, and another leads to a scorpion NPC you can summon for the area boss if you have the "listen to enemy ring"

where's the npc you speak of?

Cyborg

I am 15 hours in and i still don't know how to open a hidden pathway/doors. I keep pressing X (PS3) and nothing is happening.

Do you mean the one that you unlock with Pharros' Lockstone?
You need to buy them (or find them) and
then when you see a face on the wall press []

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom