• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footos22

How can I reach the
archer to the right of the entrance
of the first huge room in Iron Keep?
cross the middle bridge after pulling one of the levers or both.

turn right at the end
jump across to broken staircase (and dull ember) go up stairs and chop the annoying prick up.

Footos22

So how do you get that chest across the lava platforms in the iron keep.
I even used the Pharros stone to douse my feet in water.
Didn't make any difference.

creyas

So been helping people in earthen....
Teaching them to burn the windmill... some people get it right away, some people take a bit... some...are clueless

I was showing it to one guy and instead of just pressing X to light it he started swinging and shit and fell down. >.<

Everyone has bothered to message me thanks for the help, surprising.

Jobbs

Banned
So been helping people in earthen....
Teaching them to burn the windmill... some people get it right away, some people take a bit... some...are clueless

For some reason I decided to help at earthen boss and half the time there's a pool of acid waiting for me and everyone dies. I no longer think this is a good spot to run bosses. :)

K.Sabot

How often does he spawn?

1/10 seems about right, sometimes he spawns 3 in a row.

I realize that I actually may have traded with him and we both died and he dropped an item and I can never get it again, which would be why I've been farming him for 5 hours and have his entire armor set.

If this is true, this would be the second time this happened to me.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yesterday, after about 100 tries, I finally killed
king Vendrick. I only had 3 giant souls so his defense was still higher than it should be. Ancient Dragon is even more of an endurance fight, so I skipped that for now.

Goddamn. Finally getting that asshole on that bloodstain-soaked floor, felt so good. It's a terrible joke of a fight, but I just had to do it. Game didn't feel complete without it. I will never forget it, especially his
dumb stare in the camera after he smacks you down for the 58th time

Even though there's still
Darklurker
, my first run feels complete

Hypron

Yesterday, after about 100 tries, I finally killed
king Vendrick. I only had 3 giant souls so his defense was still higher than it should be. Ancient Dragon is even more of an endurance fight, so I skipped that for now.

So you had to hit him 4 times more than if you had 5 giant souls? Goddamn that must have taken you ages.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So you had to hit him 4 times more than if you had 5 giant souls? Goddamn that must have taken you ages.

Like I said: I will never forget this fight. NEVER. I even went in nude and RTSR'd like a speedrunner, just to get my damage up. Thank god for the BKH

I
ate one memory soul because I didn't know the significance then, and Ancient Dragon... nope. The fire 1HKO + beeline to him is even more annoying than Vendrick.

mattp

im sure this has been figured out already but i just realized helping someone beat a boss restores your estus and repairs all your equipment

RoeBear

So how do you get that chest across the lava platforms in the iron keep.
I even used the Pharros stone to douse my feet in water.
Didn't make any difference.

I did that and cast flash sweat, replenishment and used 2 radiant life gems. The chest contains
Pheonix Parma a not so great shield...

Like I said: I will never forget this fight. NEVER. I even went in nude and RTSR'd like a speedrunner, just to get my damage up. Thank god for the BKH

I
ate one memory soul because I didn't know the significance then, and Ancient Dragon... nope. The fire 1HKO + beeline to him is even more annoying than Vendrick.

LOL
I got so mad about those dudes before the dragon that I spawned em to death. I just couldn't stand getting roll stabbed by that last dude at the top.

Mana Sin

So, I've finally made it to
Drangleic Castle

I've been using a Varangian Sword +9 for the longest time now. Is there a good replacement for it with a comparable moveset? I like to swing around a one-handed sword that isn't too slow. I occasionally pull out a halberd, but the one-handed sword is my most comfortable weapon type.

My STR is 32 and DEX is 20 so far. I'm also not entirely sure if it's worth infusing any of my weapons. I'm not entirely sure how they work in this game. Is it any different than in Dark Souls 1?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've only beat five bosses so far.

I'll get there.

deeTyrant

Made it to the iron keep last night.

Finding the enemies in here fairly easy. Farmed them trying to get a black steel katana and finally did at the end of the night. I either have the worst luck or the lucky coin item doesn't work that well cause I used 5 and only ever seemed to get drops when I made a run without using them.

One time I got three Aloune Knights to drop their chest piece in a row, and then on the next run I popped a coin and got zip.

With 30 Dex / 20 End / 25 Adp the game seems to be getting pretty easy again. Just gotta level my Vig/Vit some more so i don't get one shotted so much.

Next up make a genuine run at the smelter demon, which I've heard is the next major obstacle for a lot of players so I'm looking forward to it.

Zeliard

I have literally farmed for Berserker Sword for 5 hours.

Game pls

Heh, I got lucky with it, he dropped it for me his 4th or 5th time showing up. Only took maybe 20 minutes total.

I used the Traveling Merchant hat, the Gold Covetous Serpent Ring +1, and a Rusted Coin.

Belfry invasions are too fun.

I like climbing the ladder to the top floor and ganking the host while the dwarfs distract them. Works most of the time.

There's a hole in the wood that you can drop down and come up behind the host.

MilkBeard

As the days roll on from launch I'm starting to get invaded more and more. I got invaded three times in Huntsman's Copse. I hope to see it continually grow. I bet in a year, you will be getting invaded constantly. I wish more people would join the Way of the Blue so I could get pulled in to fight off invaders. I'm in the Blue Sentinels covenant and wearing the ring and it hasn't worked yet.

That reminds me, I have some Blue Cracked Eye Orbs to use...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So can I get the bonfire ascetic without choosing it as a gift?

Also when can I get more twinkling titanite? This sunset staff is totally awesome.

Mana Sin

Why the fuck do I still get bell tower invaders when I'm in the covenant.

Pure bullshit.

For Bell Luna I idled in the room beneath the
servant's bonfire of Bastille
and was never invaded and still got summoned by the bell ring. I'm not sure if that sort of thing works for Bell Sol.

Zeliard

Why the fuck do I still get bell tower invaders when I'm in the covenant.

Pure bullshit.

Just go offline there to make the farming go quicker.

And yeah it's pretty silly to be invaded by your own covenant. Kinda feels like a bug.

Also when can I get more twinkling titanite? This sunset staff is totally awesome.

I need me some more twinkling titanite too to upgrade this Berserker Blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom