• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoze

So now that I'm at Door of Pharros and have beaten 11 or 12 bosses including two great ones...I should probably upgrade my weapons. I've been mainly using the Drangelic sword ever since I got it after
The Pursuer
. It's my favorite moveset other than thrusting weapons, but all the thrusting weapons I own have really weak base stats. I have 4 twinkling titanite, should I use them on the sword? Or try and find a normal weapon I like and buff that up since I have a bunch of titanite shards?

Also I've kept all of my boss souls, maybe one of those weapons would be worth upgrading?

I never really spent much time upgrading stuff in DS1 thinking I was always gonna need the materials I saved up, so I don't know much about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just go offline there to make the farming go quicker.

And yeah it's pretty silly to be invaded by your own covenant. Kinda feels like a bug.

I need me some more twinkling titanite too to upgrade this Berserker Blade.

What's special about the berserker blade?

fedexpeon

Banned
Just go offline there to make the farming go quicker.

And yeah it's pretty silly to be invaded by your own covenant. Kinda feels like a bug.

I need me some more twinkling titanite too to upgrade this Berserker Blade.

I have 50 Twinkling Titanite by farming at the Shrine of Amana.
All the humans drop them.

Feindflug

So can I get the bonfire ascetic without choosing it as a gift?

Yes you can.

Cleared
Lost Bastille
yesterday and I really loved this level but how the hell can I get to the fourth (I think) bonfire which is
blocked by a statue
? do I need a specific weapon/item?

Now I'm doing co-op at the
Lost Sinner
, did about 10 sessions last night and in two sessions
the boss room was lit
. I was wtf? :O

Zeliard

What's special about the berserker blade?

Similar moveset to the Chaos Blade from Dark Souls, which was one of my favorite weapons, except in this case the 1H R2 attack is a highly useful thrust.

It also seems like it will be pretty powerful when upgraded. I've only put one twinkling titanite into it, and at 18STR/40DEX it only does 14 less damage than my Blacksteel Katana +10 while also weighing 2 units less.

I have 50 Twinkling Titanite by farming at the Shrine of Amana.
All the humans drop them.

Haven't been there yet, will check it out when I do.

raven777

anyone know whats the latest death count for the game? the PC site doesn't seem updated since it only shows 4.5 million for PS3 version and 2.3 for 360.

Prototype

anyone know whats the latest death count for the game? the PC site doesn't seem updated since it only shows 4.5 million for PS3 version and 2.3 for 360.

over 40 million last time i looked.

edit:
the sword is a
katana
o m g

I assumed we were all talking about this:

e48b83793151f3817ce424e71c8645901231197081_full.jpg

:(

K.Sabot

Just dropped a bunch of Twinkling on the Berserker blade to get it to +4 and it's already better than my Darkdrift +10 in terms of damage. No attack that goes through shields though.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i finally discovered other areas in majula, there was a fucking lever i missed that opened a gateway to the fire tower area? i forget whats its called, anyway i found the cling ring from demon's souls there and beat the most insipid boss in the souls series yet, it was basically a harder enemy from the area. It took me two tries but still.
Also i lost 13000 souls in the pirate themed level because i was playing late at night and i'm a dumb ass. Feels bad man :/

Whats the stat-break point for scaling to be better than raw?

I have 30str/26dex - going to respec soon to lower my dex, had bumped it up to try a weapon I ended up not liking. I have a bastard sword at +10 - was checking out my infusion options, and noticed going to raw gave it a huge jump, so switched to that for now.

Any idea at around what str level that going back to scaling would work better?

Going to probably respec so my dex is just 18 (enough to use my dragon rider bow), and put the extra 8 points back into str.

Feindflug

How do I get it?

You find one in the Lost Bastille, from the room where there is an iron maiden like elevator thing you just drop to the lower level. It's a bit tricky to do though so be prepared aka don't go there with a lot of souls on you and make sure you have a Homeward Bone to get out of there.

Prototype

oh, ya, I have a +10. I figured it was the closest I'd get ;) I'm just super tired and kind of woozy from lack of sleep and got really excited, I read "berserker" and convinced myself that it would be the dragon slayer from Berserk. lol.

however, I am really enjoying using the greatsword. I'm become comfortable enough with it that I stopped upgrading a regular sword alongside it. Just takes some getting used to.

How is your character built? what SL are you? I'm 137, str & vit at 40. end 30, vgr 25, dex 18, adp 20, fth 10.

I had adp at 15 after respec but I wanted to test a few things.

Dear Alonne Knights,

Please stop dropping your armor for me. I already have 3 full sets. I've been good and wearing the Jester Hat and Gold Covetous Serpent Ring +1, so I'd really like your damn sword.

Antiwhippy

You find one in the Lost Bastille, from the room where there is an iron maiden like elevator thing you just drop to the lower level. It's a bit tricky to do though so be prepared aka don't go there with a lot of souls on you and make sure you have a Homeward Bone to get out of there.

Thank you!

Grudy

YES! I DID IT! I KILLED HIM! I FUCKING KILLED THAT SINNER ASSHOLE!

Hardest boss I have ever faced in a souls game, period. My hands are still shaking. Can't believe I finally did it after no less than 30 tries wearing only my +6 Katana and a staff to infuse magic weapon. This feeling is why souls games are the best!

Vizzeh

Banned
Screw it im buying this game. Was going to wait until a PS4 release but im too hyped, even with MGS + Infamous, with darksouls ontop im likely sorted until the order comes out.

Any quick suggestions on a character start with? the dual swordsman looks great (is this a difficult char as in low armour build?), as does the knight/warrior interest me.. Possibly suspect that whatever character I create I will want atleast a Pyromancy spell (or will ranged arrows work?) I also suspect Str is best kept to a swords required minimum strength and dex used as the DMG multiplier?

Will keep extra attention to check my RGB settings in the game, since some are suspecting a bug in the hdmi levels, anyone got a perfect balance of HDMI levels and In-game Brightness to counter some of the lighting issues?

Celegus

Dear Alonne Knights,

Please stop dropping your armor for me. I already have 3 full sets. I've been good and wearing the Jester Hat and Gold Covetous Serpent Ring +1, so I'd really like your damn sword.

But did you pray to the Helix Fossil for divine intervention? I bet not. Ten lashes, heathen!

Dear Alonne Knights,

hahahaha. I've gotten like 4 BKS without any problem and I don't have any luck increasing gear on either

be jelly :p

Leunam

This game must be telling me something. I got a full set of Gyrm armor and a few weapons in one run through Doors of Pharros. May be time for some Gyrm cosplay invasions.

Ken

haha, started a new cleric character and rushed to join sunbros. now i went back and am helping out with early bosses and spamming praise the sun never gets old

Zeliard

Man, the
Old Iron King
is going to be quite lucrative. Very fast summons, boss dies quickly,
smooth and silky stone
+ 12k souls every time.

If you guys didn't know yet, you can heal the host who summoned you with a token of fidelity.

Yep, I do that sometimes when I see the host is in trouble. It's come in handy for Smelter co-op, if the host doesn't insta-die to the AOE attack. :(

So, do staves actually affect your magic at all or are they all virtually identical in function if not form?

Does upgrading them just increase their useless melee damage?

Antiwhippy

So, do staves actually affect your magic at all or are they all virtually identical in function if not form?

Yeah, they do. Next time you upgrade it check the MagAdjust stat.

Also staves affect different types of magics differently. My sunset stave is making my hex magic really powerful.

LiK

Do we get less souls every time we get summoned to fight the same boss? Seems like I'm getting less and less souls each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom