• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin |OT| Your weapons are weak, old man

pa22word

So new dks2 player.
I was farming the desert sorceress enemies in that windmill place and that mine.
Despawned all of them twice.
Got every piece of their armor 4 times over except the skirt/leggings.
Anywhere i can farm more bonfire ascetics to respawn them?
Cant believe my awful luck.

Well, you can also farm them at drangliec castle in the armor storage room directly up from the bonfire after the twin dragonriders.

Ayt

Banned
So new dks2 player.
I was farming the desert sorceress enemies in that windmill place and that mine.
Despawned all of them twice.
Got every piece of their armor 4 times over except the skirt/leggings.
Anywhere i can farm more bonfire ascetics to respawn them?
Cant believe my awful luck.

If you join the Company of Champions enemies never despawn and you won't have to use any ascetics. You can also leave the covenant when you are done so you move back to regular difficulty.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Gonna start this tomorrow thanks to a very generous gift. What's the best starting class for a whip? (Is is possible to get through the game with a whip?)

If you join the Company of Champions enemies never despawn and you won't have to use any ascetics. You can also leave the covenant when you are done so you move back to regular difficulty.

Is that the covenant you can join right at the start in majula?
Also abandoning it reverts difficulty?
I assumed it locked you regardless of bailing.
thanks for the tip.
Ill join up and farm the sorceress enemies at drangleic then bail after i get the drop.
Im also wondering if there is a "best" katana.
Im currently dual wielding the blacksteel+7 and the uchigatana+8

krakov

thanks for the tip.
Ill join up and farm the sorceress enemies at drangleic then bail after i get the drop.

Chaos Blade is generally considered the best one.

Audioboxer

Gonna start this tomorrow thanks to a very generous gift. What's the best starting class for a whip? (Is is possible to get through the game with a whip?)

The whip destroys flesh based enemies. Issue is DS2 is crammed with heavy armour wearing foes. Makes Dex builds a little trickier. Strike based weapons, and strength in general make things easier.

It's possible to complete the game with any weapon though, just tough.

J4g3r

Having not played the game since the third DLC released, it's nice to come back to this game while waiting for Bloodborne's patch to hit.

Bringing back all my old builds, here's Butch:

WoOsqoU.jpg

Completely Strength focused, one of my favourite builds to play. He'll be strictly two-handing the Greatsword and using it to parry.

Love that parry animation.

Neoweee

I strongly recommend against using a Whip as a main. It is the biggest victim of the bad durability mechanics, and the upcoming patch, if it really just converts the rate of loss to the 30fps versions, simply won't be enough.

Anung

Un Rama
Unlocked the Dragon Aerie and what I assume is the final part of the game. So I'm going to back off and focus on stuff I've missed and the DLC first.

Neoweee

Unlocked the Dragon Aerie and what I assume is the final part of the game. So I'm going to back off and focus on stuff I've missed and the DLC first.

No, here's some notes on progress:

Not the last dungeon. Progressing through that gives you an item that opens up a few more small zones, and one of those gives you an item that allows you enter the final sequence. There's a bit more to do before you "have" to do the DLC.

Also, Aerie farming is best farming

Dawg

Coop against Pursuer is having the best time of my life. Must have helped 15 guys straight.

It's been a while since I did Souls co-op (used to BB system now), do you just drop a sign before a boss and then you just continue playing the game until someone activated your sign and summons you to his world?

Neoweee

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Does anyone know how much they nerfed the fire sword, btw? I think I heard someone state this.

As far as I know, they didn't. However, it stands out less because...

1) You can get the Dull Ember much sooner now to imbue any weapon.
2) Item rearrangement, etc. gives some more interesting weapons sooner, or gives you more opportunities to get their drops (such as the Grand Lance in FotFG or easy farming for Heide's Sword)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are the servers down for anyone else? can't go online

Divius

After a nudge in the right direction I feel like I am making progress again. Currently messing around in my final DLC area before moving on. The DLC is just great, they look amazing and the level design is ace. Love most of the new enemies as well.

Praise the sun yo.

Neoweee

what´s up with those invisible hollows? they´re definitely a new type of enemy but they only drop smooth & silky stones.

Those and the hidden butterflies (they drop herbs) are just little easter eggs.

So I met an old friend in the Iron King DLC last night. Is
Cool Ranch Smelter Demon
part of the critical path or is he the culmination of the challenge area?

Challenge area.

Dimmle

So I met an old friend in the Iron King DLC. Is
Cool Ranch Smelter Demon

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I met an old friend in the Iron King DLC. Is
Cool Ranch Smelter Demon

optional

purg3

slept with Malkin
In vanilla I rocked the Throne Defender sword, what's a good replacement for that now in terms of move set and damage since it got nerfed into oblivion?

Ghazi

After a nudge in the right direction I feel like I am making progress again. Currently messing around in my final DLC area before moving on. The DLC is just great, they look amazing and the level design is ace. Love most of the new enemies as well.

Praise the sun yo.

Are those shots on PC?

Anung

Un Rama
Embracing some jolly co-operation and helping people beat Elana, The Squalid Queen. This DLC has been a bit of a mixed bag so far.

thanks for the tip.

Nothing is cooler than the darkdrift when it comes to katanas.

Make them dark darkdrifts to make them even cooler.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the frame rate and load times in this game are sooooooooooooo refreshing to come back to after 30+ hours with Bloodborne.

I think I even prefer how the combat feels, although I do miss the dedicated healing button and fast-recovering stamina.

Either way, looking forward to finally digging into Scholar of the First Sin. I think I'm going to wait for the durability patch before really investing hours, though. I've got GTAV and Pillars of Eternity to play in the mean time.

Audioboxer

Pushing through with my dex build, getting better. Hopefully able to farm some katanas in iron keep. Ricards rapier is pretty awesome but.

Beaulieu

any reason as to why I cant use coop / pvp items anymore ? they are always greyed out, human or hollow.

hapenned from the point when I reached that big dog and it's minions. Im back in the belltower and cant use them there either.

soapstones, cracked orbs, etc. all greyed out.

I see messages on the groud so connection seems good, but I havent seen summon signs for a while either.

is this story related ? or maybe a status effect ?

edit : just got invaded by 3 grey dudes at the same time so online deff. works.
still cant use the items tho.

Top Bottom