• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

artsi

In life many people use the word "Try" in order to feel like they are making an effort, but doing nothing proactive.

"I'm trying to give up smoking" "I'm trying to lose weight" etc. But they are actually doing nothing to reach these goals.

Yep, I'll hear what she has to say tomorrow but honestly I'm already preparing for setting up Tinder again and continue searching for the right one.

If she wanted to continue she needs to be decisive and pursue it herself, but I don't see it happening and I'm done being stringed along.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you want to stay alive on GAF, stay away from gaming and politics. Quickest way to earn a ban lol.

I feel like you only get a ban if you don't conduct yourself in the right manner. But man that linked post has me rolling!

Just gotta know when to reel it in is all. Mods aint playing no games haha.

Yep, I'll hear what she has to say tomorrow but honestly I'm already preparing for setting up Tinder again and continue searching for the right one.

If she wanted to continue she needs to be decisive and pursue it herself, but I don't see it happening and I'm done being stringed along.

Hence why I don't do breaks and figuring shit out. I don't hang in the background waiting for someone to tell me what they want. If we have a problem tell me what it is and we can put a plan together to fix it if possible and if it can't be reconciled then we just have to go our separate ways.

But like dont tell me you have a problem and need time to figure it out alone. It is not fair that your life has to be in endless flux until your partner makes a "decision". You don't do that to people.

gaiages

Banned
I have dated a few, and the women I date aren't "dumb," (I don't believe I said that). Just lacking the depth of conversation that is really satisfying, I guess.

That was a bit overly blunt on my end :p

Well uh you're banned so I guess it doesn't matter

Damn you Zackie get back here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228803700&postcount=1732

I mean I realize now that the quote I referenced is not fully applicable to the event, but I still stand by my central point. Feel free to make fun of the nick and the change, I don't care that much lol

Such a paragon of maturity, that leader

I feel like you only get a ban if you don't conduct yourself in the right manner. But man that linked post has me rolling!

Most of the time, yeah

First Miles, now Zackie. Stupid politics. Then again, I don't really know what Zackie said, Miles at least was rather.... extreme...

Don't expose yourself like that gaiages.

He's everywhere.

Evilore aint nothing to be scared of. Just be respectful and it should be fine. For the record I disagree with changing someone's username because you disagree on a fundamental level. Even if what the person is saying is bullshit. We have a TOS, if it's not ban worthy I don't see the point in making it personal.

But hey, running the biggest gaming community on the planet has to have "some" perks lol. I'm sure if Jakob appealed it it would be changed back.

ReBirFh

I'm really surprised that Tinder does work. I installed it for a week and had 4 decent matches with two dates scheduled for next wekeend and I'm not rich, beautiful, strong, tall, an extrovert or know how to dance.

If I knew it was this good I would have installed it before.

Raptomex

I think I want to meet the one woman who doesn't love to laugh. Just straight up hates laughing. She gets angry if she feels a laugh coming. Not because I want to be with that person but just to say I met her and so I can understand why this love to laugh thing is even a trait.

4. How far gaming has come since Super Mario World

I understood that reference.

I think I want to meet the one woman who doesn't love to laugh. Just straight up hates laughing. She gets angry if she feels a laugh coming. Not because I want to be with that person but just to say I met her and so I can understand why this love to laugh thing is even a trait.

Everything in the bio is bullshit.

"I love pizza"

Okay who the fuck does not like pizza? 🍕

"Always second to my dog"

Yes I know you and every other person on earth loves their pet more than random persom they have never met 🐶

"I'm not here for hookups, I want something real"

Yes because you individually get to decide that 😒

Jokab

Evilore aint nothing to be scared of. Just be respectful and it should be fine. For the record I disagree with changing someone's username because you disagree on a fundamental level. Even if what the person is saying is bullshit. We have a TOS, if it's not ban worthy I don't see the point in making it personal.

But hey, running the biggest gaming community on the planet has to have "some" perks lol. I'm sure if Jakob appealed it it would be changed back.

You know I'm honestly concerned I'll get outright banned if I ask. I did ask another very reasonable staff member if there was anything he could do, but the chain of command kind of isn't in his favor. Maybe in the future.

Kyne

at this point all I honestly look for in a profile is any red flags and whether or not they are attractive.

Raptomex

I understood that reference.

Everything in the bio is bullshit.

"I love pizza"

Okay who the fuck does not like pizza? 🍕

"Always second to my dog"

Yes I know you and every other person on earth loves their pet more than random persom they have never met 🐶

"I'm not here for hookups, I want something real"

Yes because you individually get to decide that 😒
The new thing is taking pics with those stupid dog ears and nose. Yeah, sure, it's adorable, now let me see your face.

You know I'm honestly concerned I'll get outright banned if I ask. I did ask another very reasonable staff member if there was anything he could do, but the chain of command kind of isn't in his favor. Maybe in the future.

Yeah in a few months if you request it I'm sure he'll change it back. He isn't unaware it's just him showing whose in charge opposed to anything else. Better to post than not either way.

The new thing is taking pics with those stupid dog ears and nose. Yeah, sure, it's adorable, now let me see your face.

It's just snapchat filters in general. I can live with it. It's not like the filters are so prevalent you cant tell what someone looks like. If it's questionable I just swipe left. Shrug. Gotta take in most of these accounts are not serious so it aint anythimg to take some type of way.

at this point all I honestly look for in a profile is any red flags and whether or not they are attractive.

Basically. All the profile can tell you is whther you want to avoid or give a chance. Maybe a common interest. My profile is literally just a joke post.

It literally says my fav activites in include breathing. If they are gonna bother reading it may as well indicate I dont take this seriously lol.

That would be amazing.

Raptomex

It's just snapchat filters in general. I can live with it. It's not like the filters are so prevalent you cant tell what someone looks like. If it's questionable I just swipe left. Shrug. Gotta take in most of these accounts are not serious so it aint anythimg to take some type of way.
I usually ignore if I can't make it out but it just gets obnoxious. At this point any other animal features would be refreshing.
That would be amazing.
Yeah, that's why I want to meet her. Just to see it in action.

Ashby

I've actually gotten more dates from Bumble than Tinder so far and at least in my area the girls are hotter on Bumble

Xun

Haha, I was just messing.

But seriously watch out guys.

It has certainly been a ray of positivity in such a depressing world.

The three things you don't talk about on a date:

1. Politics
2. Religion
3. Fight Club

But it's gonna come out eventually. (Except 3)
Coincidentally I actually think politics can be a good topic to have on dates (depending on the situation of course).

Myself and a girl I was dating last year connected with our political views and the same can be said for the American girl I was seeing as well. To me it makes sense in times of such big political changes (Brexit and Trump), so it was a pretty decent topic to bring up with both girls.

I wouldn't bring it up with every girl I date though.

artsi

Hence why I don't do breaks and figuring shit out. I don't hang in the background waiting for someone to tell me what they want. If we have a problem tell me what it is and we can put a plan together to fix it if possible and if it can't be reconciled then we just have to go our separate ways.

But like dont tell me you have a problem and need time to figure it out alone. It is not fair that your life has to be in endless flux until your partner makes a "decision". You don't do that to people.

You get it man, you get it. Honestly I should've been firmer from the moment she started talk about our (her) problems, but I let my emotions get hold of me.

Anyway, she just texted me "would you bring my things when you come, I don't think I'll come to your place anymore".

Of course her decision is blatantly obvious but this is funny because she even said many times that she would not ever tell me break up news over text. Not that I care at this point, but it makes this even more ridiculous than this was before.

Ashby

You get it man, you get it. Honestly I should've been firmer from the moment she started talk about our (her) problems, but I let my emotions get hold of me.

Anyway, she just texted me "would you bring my things when you come, I don't think I'll come to your place anymore".

Of course her decision is blatantly obvious but this is funny because she even said many times that she would not ever tell me break up news over text. Not that I care at this point, but it makes this even more ridiculous than this was before.
How long have you been seeing this girl for?

artsi

How long have you been seeing this girl for?

Few months, no biggies and I should not have even got this invested. Burned myself pretty much.

She was just super attached from the start, wanted a relationship etc. and I let myself get too comfortable because of that. I should've seen something was wrong with things going so fast.

Okay, so by the time it's VD, it will have been six weeks since we started dating. It's also gonna be her birthday on the day we meet up, so I got her:

- A Spongebob plush (cause she loves Spongebob)
- I'll get her flowers
- Really nice earrings maybe?

The thing is, the first time we'll meet up after Valentine's (cause we probably won't be hanging on Valentine's), it'll also be her birthday party with her friends, so it won't be as intimate.

Okay, so by the time it's VD, it will have been six weeks since we started dating. It's also gonna be her birthday on the day we meet up, so I got her:

- A Spongebob plush (cause she loves Spongebob)
- I'll get her flowers
- Really nice earrings maybe?

The thing is, the first time we'll meet up after Valentine's (cause we probably won't be hanging on Valentine's), it'll also be her birthday party with her friends, so it won't be as intimate.

The first two are fine. Jewelry after 6 weeks is too much.

My GF doesn't really like comedies. Other than like Peep Show and a few others, generally speaking, she is not into it. More into grim docs. Doesn't like Community. Doesn't really like nerdy stuff in general. She makes an effort for me, but doesn't really enjoy the stuff.

Once when she was very high off alcohol and drugs, she just said she doesn't know why, she doesn't like comedies. She was asking for light recommendations last night, but I think largely to prove to me she can watch light stuff.

She's very into me, and that is very gratifying and a good feeling, but maybe not the right person. Not sure.

Man frankly I would bag the shit put on her doorstep and be like "it's obvious you want to break up, here is your shit, peace".

You don't need to sit through a discussion where she tries to valudate 3 weeks of being shitty as though what she has to say here actually matters.

I don't mind sitting through a serious discussion but not when the person is just being a coy coward about it.

Raptomex

My GF doesn't really like comedies. Other than like Peep Show and a few others, generally speaking, she is not into it. More into grim docs. Doesn't like Community. Doesn't really like nerdy stuff in general. She makes an effort for me, but doesn't really enjoy the stuff.

Once when she was very high off alcohol and drugs, she just said she doesn't know why, she doesn't like comedies. She was asking for light recommendations last night, but I think largely to prove to me she can watch light stuff.

She's very into me, and that is very gratifying and a good feeling, but maybe not the right person. Not sure.
I think it can only go so far.

I hate clubs, partying, dancing, and I don't drink. My ex loved that shit and I would go with her and just sit around bored. Our lifestyle differences only became more prevalent as we spent more time together. Eventually we split on good terms but I will never go back to that, forcing myself to do things I have no interest in.

We went to a rooftop party for New Years last year and I literally stood in one spot all night since it was wall to wall people. It was loud, horrible music, I had to dress up, couldn't hear ourselves speak. She danced a bit and I just wanted to leave. Surrounded by drunk, obnoxious people. It was awful and a waste of money.

I'd like a third thing simply cause it's Valentine's and her birthday. Any other suggestions? And I wasn't gonna go for expensive earrings, but something unique off Etsy or something.

What about tickets to a show? I was in a similar spot last year, and I got basically gift certificates for the theatre. I felt it was a good gift and not "too much."

The plush, btw, will be the winner here.

I think it can only go so far.

I hate clubs, partying, dancing, and I don't drink. My ex loved that shit and I would go with her and just sit around bored. Our lifestyle differences only became more prevalent as we spent more time together. Eventually we split on good terms but I will never go back to that, forcing myself to do things I have no interest in.

We went to a rooftop party for New Years last year and I literally stood in one spot all night since it was wall to wall people. It was loud, horrible music, I had to dress up, couldn't hear ourselves speak. She danced a bit and I just wanted to leave. Surrounded by drunk, obnoxious people. It was awful and a waste of money.

Yeah, man, this is an issue with us too. And maybe you are right. But it's difficult to find someone who is so into you. I am older than her, so she still wants to go out drinking and partying every weekend, and I think I have sacrificed too much of my body to indulge her.

She once instead of coming back to me, which was fine, just went on a drinking and kinda drug binge with her friends. She wasn't too bad, and come over the next night, and does try, and did invite me all along. But I can't, nor do I want to, keep up anymore. Last weekend went to a play her sister and her BF. We got really trashed and went to their apartment and kept drinking. I wasn't even going to have a single drink if I didn't have to. Not that I hate partying, but I'm can't just cut loose like that, nor do i want to anymore. But she would kinda pressure me, because she doesn't want to be drunk alone, and frankly, if you are in a group of people drinking, it can be buzzkill for them if one dude is just like, ' I aint gonna drink.' But I hear you, waste of money too.

I just don't know if we connect on a mind level enough. It's just so hard to find someone you connect with on a mind and body level. Is it better to be alone or with someone who is not the really the right person? Not sure, but I guess I shouldn't be wasting time, but man, it's confusing. We might be too different.

gaiages

Banned
Don't expose yourself like that gaiages.

He's everywhere.

rip me

D'aw, look at Clay, gettin' it on and shit

Help i think i turned into a fuck boy

Oh no, what happened now

;)

Eh, my boyfriend's and I's TV/movie tastes only match up every once and a while (if there's enough action and fights and explosions, we can both like it lol). He like anime, me... not at much. I like most sitcoms and drama stuff, he doesn't. It's whatever, you don't have to have a bunch in common to be with someone. I mean you gotta have some common thread or something, but media doesn't have to be the one :p

So for the first time in a while I have multiple dating options that all seem good in their own ways. So I guess my question is at what point should I decide on exclusivity? Like 4 or 5 dates? I know people will say it depends, but I'm not a very intuitive person when it comes to dating...

Raptomex

Yeah, man, this is an issue with us too. And maybe you are right. But it's difficult to find someone who is so into you. I am older than her, so she still wants to go out drinking and partying every weekend, and I think I have sacrificed too much of my body to indulge her.

She once instead of coming back to me, which was fine, just went on a drinking and kinda drug binge with her friends. She wasn't too bad, and come over the next night, and does try, and did invite me all along. But I can't, nor do I want to, keep up anymore. Last weekend went to a play her sister and her BF. We got really trashed and went to their apartment and kept drinking. I wasn't even going to have a single drink if I didn't have to. Not that I hate partying, but I'm can't just cut loose like that, nor do i want to anymore. But she would kinda pressure me, because she doesn't want to be drunk alone, and frankly, if you are in a group of people drinking, it can be buzzkill for them if one dude is just like, ' I aint gonna drink.' But I hear you, waste of money too.

I just don't know if we connect on a mind level enough. It's just so hard to find someone you connect with on a mind and body level. Is it better to be alone or with someone who is not the really the right person? Not sure, but I guess I shouldn't be wasting time, but man, it's confusing. We might be too different.
If I had to choose between that person and alone? Alone. Right now I'd rather be alone, free, and unattached since I just got out of a relationship. I'm only 27 and right now I'm trying to get a fling going with an older woman 30 - 40 without being an asshole, of course. Just honest and something casual, nothing serious. But it's proving difficult due to my lifestyle and what they want so I may just drop it for a while and get back into it when I'm ready for something real. Then I would search for women closer to my age.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
For those of you in here who lift, what kept you motivated while searching? Did you continue after you found success dating?

I'm trying to motivate myself.

For those of you in here who lift, what kept you motivated while searching? Did you continue after you found success dating?

Yes, because I can feel the desire lacking when I get out of shape. I was in perfect shape last summer, but because dating and GF even more, requires drinking and going out, and nursing hangovers I did start to work out less, and eat more junk.

While searching, its easier. What motivates me is the amazing feeling of feeling you look good, and being attractive to society, not just the opposite sex. I have been very strict with diet and exercise in the past, all to attract people to me. I guess, just knowing its worth it.

The bigger your social group, the more I socialize, have friends, the more it motivates me not to be a slob, or to eat better and socialize. Putting yourself in these situations instead, of just going home and vaporizing and watching TV, that is what will motivate one.

Eh, my boyfriend's and I's TV/movie tastes only match up every once and a while (if there's enough action and fights and explosions, we can both like it lol). He like anime, me... not at much. I like most sitcoms and drama stuff, he doesn't. It's whatever, you don't have to have a bunch in common to be with someone. I mean you gotta have some common thread or something, but media doesn't have to be the one :p

I do believe this, but I do personally need to at least be able to talk about art and culture with person I am dating, in a certain way. I mean, I have talked to this with my GF many times, because there is lots of stuff we wouldn't enjoy together, and that is fine. But I just don't get it when someone can't enjoy the same comedies or some rather obvious stuff. I get it if she doesn't wanna watch Star Wars.

But everyone should like Community, lol. Sorry, they should fucking LOVE it.

If I had to choose between that person and alone? Alone. Right now I'd rather be alone, free, and unattached since I just got out of a relationship. I'm only 27 and right now I'm trying to get a fling going with an older woman 30 - 40 without being an asshole, of course. Just honest and something casual, nothing serious. But it's proving difficult due to my lifestyle and what they want so I may just drop it for a while and get back into it when I'm ready for something real. Then I would search for women closer to my age.

Yeah, I think that is the right answer. But man, just having someone who loves you is intoxicating. Dunno if I love her, but I certainly love feelin loved. The physical connection is powerful, but yeah. You got ages man, relax. Especially if you can meet people at work. Work or university. I do think many people should make their move at work or university, depending on the person.

Astral

Dude don't lift to get dates. Yeah it can make you more successful and more confident and can be kind of an ego boost when a girl slips out an "omg your body" while doing it buuuuut girls shouldn't be your motivator. Do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom