• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we be friends?

We already are.
5oxq2xO.gif

Wrong. On all counts.

And together we will kill the unbeliever.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You can't stop his flair. Neither could Slade Wilson

Chemo and Tarantula could though. Some real heavy hitters there. Grayson only got to wear the Bat-mantle because he was the tallest. Oh, and who got Damian killed again? Oh, that's right, Mr. "I wore a mullet a decade after it was out of style."

Chemo and Tarantula could though. Some real heavy hitters there. Grayson only got to wear the Bat-mantle because he was the tallest. Oh, and who got Damian killed again? Oh, that's right, Mr. "I wore a mullet a decade after it was out of style."

Damian only died when his dad came back! He was fine under Grayson!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Damian only died when his dad came back! He was fine under Grayson!

Who was the one that got his ass handed to him in 10 seconds flat while a 10-year-old boy continued to fight? Who was laying passed out on the floor when that poor, sweet, innocent boy was stabbed through his heart?

Grayson. The Boy Who Failed.

Everyone's height in the Bat-Family is so messed up. Bruce is 6'3", Grayson is 5'10", Tim is 5'5"...

aly

Isn't Jason the tallest though? The heights are ridiculously messed up.

I always see people saying this but I loved the entire run. Why do you think the ending ruined it?
Felt really rushed. Volthoom felt like he came out of nowhere, and the whole "ring on the hand of creation" thing was dumb as fuck. I also wasn't a fan of how he was beaten. Didn't make sense to me that Parallax Sinestro beats him because...huh? I mean yeah, Hal finished the job in an admittedly badass scenario, but Sinestro beating him because he overwhelmed him with fear? And even though Hal wrangling Nekron was dope, him willing himself to be a Black Lantern was fucking dumb. Then he got to live again, I guess.

I dunno. Felt very "I made this enemy too powerful and I have to have my pets beat him somehow, no matter how bullshit." I didn't like it, although some of the Volthoom stuff apparently gets cleared up during the Darkseid War stuff with Jessica Cruz becoming the new Power Ring.

Dalek

Felt really rushed. Volthoom felt like he came out of nowhere, and the whole "ring on the hand of creation" thing was dumb as fuck. I also wasn't a fan of how he was beaten. Didn't make sense to me that Parallax Sinestro beats him because...huh? I mean yeah, Hal finished the job in an admittedly badass scenario, but Sinestro beating him because he overwhelmed him with fear? And even though Hal wrangling Nekron was dope, him willing himself to be a Black Lantern was fucking dumb. Then he got to live again, I guess.

I dunno. Felt very "I made this enemy too powerful and I have to have my pets beat him somehow, no matter how bullshit." I didn't like it, although some of the Volthoom stuff apparently gets cleared up during the Darkseid War stuff with Jessica Cruz becoming the new Power Ring.

I'll have to re-read it again soon because I forget the Volthoon stuff entirely.

tim1138

There's a very good chance that it WAS actually rushed. That was around the time corporate was pressuring him to cut back on his writing and focus more on his Chief Creative Officer duties, and limited him to only being able to write two books at a time.

tim1138

With as much as DC is pushing digital preorders of the Rebirth books, I wonder if digital sales are starting to increase and have more of an impact on total sales numbers?

There's a very good chance that it WAS actually rushed. That was around the time corporate was pressuring him to cut back on his writing and focus more on his Chief Creative Officer duties, and limited him to only being able to write two books at a time.
I believe that, but I'm just speaking from my point of view on it that the ending of the run suffered for it. I 100% believe that he was pressured into a rush-job finale

As much as I like it the new Batsuit is already starting to bug me because the symbol is changing in every appearance.
Within 5 pages of Batman and Robin Eternal they switched symbols 3 times.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Best Robin. Best Batman. Best hero.
Co-signed
The best dynamic duo was Dick
And Damien as Batman and Robin. Should
Have stayed with that for a bit longer.

Also, they should kill off Clark Kent's Superman (not the character, but the alter ego) and bring in Calvin "Obama"
Superman.

Aaaand have Mera replace Arthur as Aquawoman.

It's too bad the forms don't have a sort of tag that you could put over spoilers.

:p

Just saying.

Superman is, apparently, dying. A combination of events over the past years have culminated in a condition that will ultimately kill him. He visits Lana and Lois, and it's actually very touching. I'm still not sure they'll actually end up killing him, but we'll see. In feel, it's a little like that first issue of All-Star Superman where he's finding out that yes, he is really going to die. I doubt it'll be quite that good, but it's got some story potential. Hit me in the feels pretty well, at least.

Just saying.

Superman is, apparently, dying. A combination of events over the past years have culminated in a condition that will ultimately kill him. He visits Lana and Lois, and it's actually very touching. I'm still not sure they'll actually end up killing him, but we'll see. In feel, it's a little like that first issue of All-Star Superman where he's finding out that yes, he is really going to die. I doubt it'll be quite that good, but it's got some story potential. Hit me in the feels pretty well, at least.

No worries, I was just teasing. :)

I hope he doesn't die but stays a regular human. I thought he was developing into an interesting character and I'd rather see him than PC Superman take over.

I wonder what they will collect Rebirth with. I'm going to the store to buy rebirth for sure though, I don't usually buy floppies but I don't want to miss out on day one chatting. I guess I could go digital instead of waiting for trade.

TheFlow

Banned
all the first issues of rebirth will be collected in a huge HC omnibus. That will release late this year. for anybody who is in to that

I feel like DC is always teasing me. Literally only one character on that cover not in any ongoings.

Also notice the hand and more lightning. I'm thinking PC Wally is the hand. I don't think Rebirth will have any "dark" moments, rather just Wally rearranging the universe to be more like PC. I'm not even a huge wallyfan, just think that's the logical conclusion at this point,
given Flash and Titans both have spoiler advisories for those that hasn't read rebirth.

Just saying.

Glad to see they included Darkseid War and what looks like Rao in that montage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom