• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

I am eternally grateful to the Supergirl show. Without it, Comics Kara would most likely still have her awful design.

The only two issues I had with the Nu52 design was the exposed knee's which was odd and the pelvic shield thing. The rest I liked. I was never into Supergirl needing a skirt.

shingi70

Banned
I loved lee at the start of the new 52, but the stuff he's done fr Rebirth really hasn't impressed me at all. His Suicide Squad stuff is okay but his Deadshot and Killer Croc look so bad.

Penguin

Oh thanks, think got back to most of you.

But yeah, it's better than when we tried to review all nu52 books... 52 books in 4 weeks was insanity.

Oh thanks, think got back to most of you.

But yeah, it's better than when we tried to review all nu52 books... 52 books in 4 weeks was insanity.

Yeah, staggering it out is probably a good move for them.

Though it does mean I have to wait until September for Blue Beetle.

Dammit.

MartyStu

The only two issues I had with the Nu52 design was the exposed knee's which was odd and the pelvic shield thing. The rest I liked. I was never into Supergirl needing a skirt.

Do not get me wrong, I am perfectly fine with no skirt, the boots and shield diaper are my objections.

KonradLaw

Do not get me wrong, I am perfectly fine with no skirt, the boots and shield diaper are my objections.

It's shame that with redesign we've lost the awesome way the cape was wrapping around her neck. I loved that design.
Bassicaly combine the N52 design from waist up and Rebirt one from waist down and you've got perfect Supergirl costume.

shingi70

Banned
More Rebirth Variant comics

FLSREB_Cv1var.jpg

WWREB_Cv1var.jpg

ACTION_var_Cv957.jpg

DETECTIVE_var_Cv.jpg

Savitar

Very good designs, I like it. I'm actually starting to think DC really might have gotten what they got wrong in the last few years.

On the purple in the Batman cover half wondering if it's a homage to the fact the original Batman costume had purple gloves.

MartyStu

Holy shit!!!

Rose is back? Looks like she may get a decent writer? Already has a great artist?

AND her design is kawaii as fuck?

Where do I sign up?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The new Wonder Woman looks great. I also LOOOVE this. What a great style.

Guys I'm having trouble thinking of a character but I think it might be Vixen and I need some real fans to confirm or deny. I remember someone using animal projections to fight, but what I see of Vixen now is more like she surrounds herself to become the animal. What I remember was more like Green Lantern style projections. Did she ever do that?

Guys I'm having trouble thinking of a character but I think it might be Vixen and I need some real fans to confirm or deny. I remember someone using animal projections to fight, but what I see of Vixen now is more like she surrounds herself to become the animal. What I remember was more like Green Lantern style projections. Did she ever do that?

Didn't see that before. I know it was already assumed but that pretty much confirms which Supes is in the book.

MartyStu

Very good designs, I like it. I'm actually starting to think DC really might have gotten what they got wrong in the last few years.

On the purple in the Batman cover half wondering if it's a homage to the fact the original Batman costume had purple gloves.

I think Capullo explains his approach to new suit in detail somewhere.

But I believe that was his exact explanation.

Oh yeah, that's Gleason's whole look. Dude is amazing, you should check out he and Tomasi's Batman & Robin if you haven't already, or the Robin: Son of Batman series.

Vixen's projections are less actual constructs a la Green Lantern and more a visual representation of whatever animal power she's drawing on at that moment. They were represented like that in the DCAU, so she's probably who you're thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom