• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Full size

L2tpQN9.jpg

MisterHero

Yes.

You do yourself a disservice by not reading the Shazam JL Backup. It is a pretty good self-contained story.
I read the initial one (the JL arc at the time was pretty boring though) but didn't get to that part apparently. I know it's collected now, I should finish it. :p

Jerk Billy Batson is the best

shazam-gets-paidgabca.jpg

Apt101

I was charged for it but it's not showing up in ComiXology yet for me. The long wait begins.

Edit: just tried to deliver it to my iPad, see if that helps.

Edit 2: It's showing up in the Kindle app but not Comixology. :/

TheFlow

Banned
So demon knight and the Marvel family is coming back? hype

looks like I see superboy on the far left in the yellow but that can't be o_O

MartyStu

ohh isn't he that guy from the teen titans cartoon that lives underneath the earth or w.e

256321-21676-gnarrk.jpg

Titan Hunt chose a interesting array of characters for the "original titan lineup"

That guy is sort of based on him, but is pretty different.

But yeah, the cast is pretty old school. I actually had to look up who Lilith is when I started reading Titans Hunt.

TheFlow

Banned
That guy is sort of based on him, but is pretty different.

But yeah, the cast is pretty old school. I actually had to look up who Lilith is when I started reading Titans Hunt.

Yea I didn't think DC would go oldschool. Also apparently bumblebee did join the OG titans which is cool. I wonder if we will ever get a Titans West book

Apparently the team I am most familiar with and love is The New Titans

12:47 EST and I just read Rebirth.

It's Good Comics. I got a little dusty eyed at some points, even though I don't have much connection with the Flash Family-- and this is very much a Flash Family title. But the broader points, those speak to everybody, or at least I hope they would. Love, faith, legacy, hope. The Big Giant Secret everyone's talking about takes up very very little of the book, on the whole; I get why people are freaking out over it, but it kind of feels silly, with the way that it's handled. It's more a meditation on what Johns feels is missing from DC comics these days, which makes it kind of a hell of a note to go out on, but there it is. Definitely going to talk more about it after people have had a chance to read it, but that's the spoiler free review.

Apt101

I just finished. It was good. It repeats a lot of the same themes many of Johns's comics do, but it works. It's good to see all of the characters back, and some of the new pairings and dynamics have a ton of potential - I've already decided to add a few books to my monthly "pull list" (see: what I will buy digitally on Amazon each month).

4/5. After trying to give Nu52 several chances over the years and hating it every single time, I am ready to read DC books again.

Oh, almost forgot to opine on the bombshell. Cool. "It" doesn't even feel like the real thing, and if it genuinely is, great. Why not? It's the funny books, do crazy things.

Karak

Question. As a somewhat comic book fan. I was enjoying a good deal of the New 52. Is all that gone? I am pretty confused over this especially as what they seem to be saying conflicts a great deal.

VeeP

You know, I would really love a I, Vampire Rebirth.

A lot of people talked shit about the New 52, but for every bad idea it also had a great idea. And I, Vampire? It was amazing.

Seriously, the art, story, everything. Just great. Plz DC.

That doesn't have the panel by panel setup the way Comixology has right?

It's complete trash. I read books in my Kindle or in the app all the time, but this is a mess for comics. I'm on my phone. Might be better in a computer or large screen tablet.

AVOID! Going to await it on Comixology tomorrow.

Karak

ah thanks guys! That is very good news. I know if I want to be a fan of these things I have to expect this kind of stuff but I was JUST getting a grasp of things and even trying some read orders and it was working. Will continue

It's complete trash. I read books in my Kindle or in the app all the time, but this is a mess for comics. I'm on my phone. Might be better in a computer or large screen tablet.

AVOID! Going to await it on Comixology tomorrow.

But you can take advantage of Amazon's pricing now that purchases from Amazon's store are available on Kindle and Comixology. I've noticed Amazon tends to undercut Comixology pretty frequently.

EulaCapra

Full size
L2tpQN9.jpg
Beautiful. Goodbye interesting yet often bleh New 52 costumes and colors. It's refreshing to see so many New 52 female characters out of hot pants and in like actual full-length pants.

Hopefully goodbye forever, New 52 Diana in silver and dark-blue boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom