• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

You sure about that?
irfh8zD.jpg

Ponn

Banned
I would honestly rather them condense the team instead of adding even more now with JSA. Booster, BB, Skeets and Rip were some good issues from DC. Get Firestorm, Canary, Cold and Rip for awhile. Atom is adorable in a dorky way but we already have Stein so Iron Atom is redundant and just there to be a punching bag.

The Light

I wasn't feeling this episode. Rip reason for not helping Sara was bull (contradicts future star city episode). Savage went down so easily especially against heatwave. Also where was the singularity? Savage had.his fingers in multiple major events. Time should have still imploded.

carlsojo

Heatwave was the real fucking MVP of the show. God damn. When he went to see Snart I was actually crying by the end of the scene.

Also my DVR stopped right when mystery guy was about to tell them who he was. FML.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I would honestly rather them condense the team instead of adding even more now with JSA. Booster, BB, Skeets and Rip were some good issues from DC. Get Firestorm, Canary, Cold and Rip for awhile. Atom is adorable in a dorky way but we already have Stein so Iron Atom is redundant and just there to be a punching bag.

Yeah, that's a problem. If Stein wasn't on board, they'd have to write Ray as being more competent.

Nabs

That was a really good episode. We got a taste of OP Firestorm, JSA/Hourman, and no Hawks for S2. I'm hyped.

The Light

Also probably going to take a min for me not expect any Mike Ross mannerisms from Patrick. The whole time I was waiting for him to be an ass

Now that we know it's JSA... what were the description for the heroes they were looking to hire recently?

Female member of a WWII paramilitary group and the grandson of a WWII hero who feels like he's stuck in his grandfather's shadow.

My bets? Lady Blackhawk and Citizen Steel.

Xemnas89

I wonder how much they wish they could've just made a justice society show instead. From the sound of it they're going all out with JSA next season.

I feel like this show really found itself in the last few episodes. Yes there was still some problems but the last few have been really enjoyable. Here's hoping the quality only goes up from here next season.

I have a feeling they are setting up the JSA show down the line. Give it 2 years probably. 2 years to introduce more JSA characters on Flash, Arrow, and LoT. Then a huge event where they all come together or something like that.

Tabby

• That helmet thing was ridiculously stupid. How did Kendra even know that? What even happened?
    [*Everyone hates Hawkman, I actually don't mind him; especially when compared to Hawkgirl. I'm glad she's leaving the show.
  • Actual Firestorm powers!
  • I miss Captain Cold.
  • I'm usually not one to notice bad fight choreography, but the fight against Savage in 3 different time lines was pretty bad. You can see the actors just waiting to get hit.
  • I was half hoping Rip to say "You can feel it can't you? You're own mortality".
  • This show could be a lot better if they toned down on the deus ex pseudo-science.
  • I'm willing to accept this show's short coming's because Gotham's season 1 was iffy as well, but as a whole this season is very average and dumb. Character's act in dumb ways uncharacteristic ways and the plot never really moves along at all.
  • YOOOO JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA THAT WAS SO WORTH. THIS ENTIRE SEASON WAS WORTH IT IF WE'RE GETTING JSA.

Show's not as bad as Arrow season 3 and 4 but it's okay.

Magwik

Banned
I wonder how much they wish they could've just made a justice society show instead. From the sound of it they're going all out with JSA next season.

I feel like this show really found itself in the last few episodes. Yes there was still some problems but the last few have been really enjoyable. Here's hoping the quality only goes up from here next season.
IIRC The original pitch of the show was the JSA, then Legion, and now Legends

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
The season was okay. It started off fun but once they started getting into more time travel things started to unravel. The season should've been plotted out more carefully. All the episodes with the most consequence came at the end, making the rest of the season feel pointless.

mreddie

Okay first season but is anyone gonna help Barry or Oliver? Anyone? No?

Hourman and JSA need help? Welp, those two other shows are fucked then.

ZeroX03

Banned
People will be saying ‘Vandal who?’ by the time the big bad of season 2 is fully explored or fully revealed.”

We got to Kendra and we found ourselves a little stymied by how neat a bow we tied off her story with, to the point where it was like, “Now what?”

Guggenheim on fire.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So did they write this finale with the season 2 reboot stuff in mind?

I'm just glad that the Vandal/Hawk people storyline is over. Woof.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Hawks: We're not coming with you

Everyone on the show and everyone watching the show:
SN2wlJW.gif

ATNi34Q.gif

Maddocks

Dat ending, Mike Ross, ma homie.

Season 2 already sounds amazing since WB let them finally have JSA. This is why you separate movie and tv universes, so shit like this can happen. Thank you multiverse.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, I also don't understand... are they just going to rename Legends to Justice Society?

And is Justice Society the b-tier version of Justice League?

Oh, I also don't understand... are they just going to rename Legends to Justice Society?

Justice Society is (generally) the precursor the Justice League. Lots of the oldschool Golden Age heroes, other than the big guys like Batman and Supes (mostly). So you've got Alan Scott GL, Jay Garrick Flash, Wildcat, Sandman, that sort of guy. It also features some of those guys' families and legacies. It's a pretty big deal, getting them for this.

ZeroX03

Banned
So did they write this finale with the season 2 reboot stuff in mind?

I'm just glad that the Vandal/Hawk people storyline is over. Woof.

Yes they knew that it would be rebooted in S2 and wrote for that.

It's super obvious in the last two episodes that they realized Savage and the Hawks didn't work and just wrote them away. Sara probably got the most screen time this episode. They went with what was working.

Justice Society is the original superhero team. B tier isn't the term I would use. They're more the legacy team. JLI or JLE are more the "B" Justice teams.

The show is still called Legends of Tomorrow. The JSA are just a new presence.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Justice Society is (generally) the precursor the Justice League. Lots of the oldschool Golden Age heroes, other than the big guys like Batman and Supes (mostly). So you've got Alan Scott GL, Jay Garrick Flash, Wildcat, Sandman, that sort of guy. It also features some of those guys' families and legacies. It's a pretty big deal, getting them for this.
Hrm. I guess it's just one of those things where the newer stuff overshadows the older stuff. Especially if the DC movies are going all in with the Justice League thing.

Justice Society is the original superhero team. B tier isn't the term I would use. They're more the legacy team. JLI or JLE are more the "B" Justice teams.

And Justice League Detroit is the Q team. The guys they don't call at all, no matter how desperate things get, because they have entirely forgotten they exist.

Hrm. I guess it's just one of those things where the newer stuff overshadows the older stuff. Especially if the DC movies are going all in with the Justice League thing.

The League has always been the premier team; that's why they've got Supes and Bats :p

But the JSA is still a Big Deal. It's pretty impressive that they're really gonna get them.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was an enjoyable finale. They closed the books on all the things that didn't work this season and basically get a fresh start with Season 2.

Really small attention to detail and connectivity between the shows was Sara walking in on Det Lance manning the comms at the Arrow cave by himself, exactly where he was in the last episode of Arrow. Not a huge deal but it was appreciated.

I thought the message in the helmet from Kendra was a silly but fun time travel plot device. They haven't done anything too close to that, so I enjoyed it.

Hourman costume could use a little more color, but I'm intrigued by what they plan on doing with him in Season 2.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes they knew that it would be rebooted in S2 and wrote for that.

It's super obvious in the last two episodes that they realized Savage and the Hawks didn't work and just wrote them away. Sara probably got the most screen time this episode. They went with what was working.
Hrm, that's interesting. I presume the show will still be about time travelling then. Too bad they can't just invent a way to bring back Snart.

The League has always been the premier team; that's why they've got Supes and Bats :p

But the JSA is still a Big Deal. It's pretty impressive that they're really gonna get them.
Well, I looked up Rex Tyler and he's a guy who takes pills to get powers for an hour... yeah, I hope the Justice Society has better heroes than that. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom