• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
WWNLIVE.COM SIGNS GAME-CHANGING DEAL FOR PROMOTION
by Mike Johnson @ 12:33 PM on 12/3/2014

WWNLive.com issued the following announcement, which changes the entire game for their promotion:

WWN Enters Multi-Year Agreement to Promote Professional Wrestling Events in China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan - Next Tour Slated for Spring 2015

Tampa, FL, December 3, 2014: After a very successful initial tour of China, which resulted in four capacity events in Grand Epoch City, Chengdu, Emeishan and Beijing, World Wrestling Network, Inc. (WWN) has entered into a five year agreement with Great-Wall International Sports Management LTD. (Great-Wall) and Transnational Services, Inc. (Transnational) to continue to bring the WWN brand of sports entertainment to China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

WWN President and CEO Sal Hamaoui stated, “The reaction from our 2014 China Tour has been nothing short of phenomenal. Over 16,000 fans witnessed our events live and millions more have now seen the television airing of our November 16th event from the MasterCard Center in Beijing. This agreement will allow WWN, along with our partners, Great Wall and Transnational, to do multiple tours annually throughout the region.”

Awesome news for the WWN crew, crazy to think that with the four stops on their tour this year they put on the same number of shows WWE has ever held in China. Talk about an untapped market.

Xater

Am I an asshole for thinking I'd rather not spend much on an engagement ring so I can get some better wedding rings later? An engagement ring just seems as such a temporary thing that it seems weird to me to spend a lot on it.

Also NJPW World is finally working again for me. It must have been something on their end because I did nothing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I always hated the whole engagement ring AND wedding ring. Like, that could pay for a new refrigerator for the house instead of having two rings.

jmdajr

Am I an asshole for thinking I'd rather not spend much on an engagement ring so I can get some better wedding rings later? An engagement ring just seems as such a temporary thing that it seems weird to me to spend a lot on it.

Also NJPW World is finally working again for me. It must have been something on their end because I did nothing.

I always hated the whole engagement ring AND wedding ring. Like, that could pay for a new refrigerator for the house instead of having two rings.

Oh well. It's a one time deal. Don't be stupid about it but also don't be a total cheap ass.

Ithil

WWNLIVE.COM SIGNS GAME-CHANGING DEAL FOR PROMOTION
by Mike Johnson @ 12:33 PM on 12/3/2014

Awesome news for the WWN crew, crazy to think that with the four stops on their tour this year they put on the same number of shows WWE has ever held in China. Talk about an untapped market.

Cena's learning of Mandarin has gone to waste, an indie promotion beat them to China.

RP912

Banned

Not at all. Hell me and my wife's honeymoon was at Michael's Restaurant and our apartment. What matters is the love and support for years to come after the words "I Do".

Xater

Well I also wouldn't want to overspend on wedding rings either but at least get some nicer ones than if I'd also get an expensive engagement ring. Right now I think I know I am going to ask my GF but at this time we both have to worry about jobs and finding a home after that. Right now is not the time.

Kaladin

To me, it all depends on what your girl wants. I lucked out with a gf who isn't really big on jewelry, so I'm just making something special for her with what I have to work with.

While she won't wear it forever, engagement rings are investments that either become heirlooms or something your kids can put to the price of their own ring or future.

Xater

To me, it all depends on what your girl wants. I lucked out with a gf who isn't really big on jewelry, so I'm just making something special for her with what I have to work with.

While she won't wear it forever, engagement rings are investments that either become heirlooms or something your kids can put to the price of their own ring or future.

My girlfriend would probably be more excited about a nice handbag than a ring. :p

jmdajr

As long as the rings didn't come from a friggin cereal box, it shouldn't matter the price as long as it's reasonable imo...

I say think about how much you would spend for yourself on something nice within reason. Something you really want (outside anything involving a loan for a house or car). Could you justify say... a 2000 dollar computer system? 3000?

Well if yes now imagine doing that except for someone else. From my experience most girls don't mind having some nice jewelry. Now if a girl rather have an engagement PC than a ring..then congrats.

I guess.

Sephzilla

I say think about how much you would spend for yourself on something nice within reason. Something you really want (outside anything involving a loan for a house or car). Could you justify say... a 2000 dollar computer system? 3000?

Well if yes now imagine doing that except for someone else. From my experience most girls don't mind having some nice jewelry. Now if a girl rather have an engagement PC than a ring..then congrats.

I guess.

Yeah, but a 2000 dollar computer system gets a lot more mileage and use than a ring that sits on someone's finger.

As long as the rings didn't come from a friggin cereal box, it shouldn't matter the price as long as it's reasonable imo...

Yeah, the cost of the rings shouldn't really matter. Not every woman needs or wants a diamond the size of a Ring Pop like AJ was sporting around Wrestlemania. I spent less than $4,000 on our wedding bands and my wife's engagement ring combined.

Yeah, but a 2000 dollar computer system gets a lot more mileage and use than a ring that sits on someone's finger.

That's the spirit!

Xater

I'd agree with this, but I am also someone who never got jewelry. I don't own a single piece personally. Hell I don't even own an expensive watch.

kiguel182

If it's true that Slater did that then I hope he goes to jail. Disgusting.

I hope they find whoever watched and didn't intervene and do something to them too.

RP912

Banned

I guess.

My wife not really big into Jewelry. The main jewels she wear besides the wedding ring is her earrings. I understand where you coming from as far as putting huge finances into a ring. I guess I'm lucky with the fact that my wife didn't care for an expensive ring or even a big wedding which we were both in agreement. Especially with our finances around that time.

We still plan on having a big wedding and cruise whenever our career goals come into play. Until then...no complaints with the exception of her marking out for Roman reigns :/.

Omega

Banned
John Cena @JohnCena · 44m 44 minutes ago

The #StoneColdPodcast w/ @VinceMcMahon was legit. Agree with @steveaustinBSR that it's time 2 step up, WWE. #WWENetwork

Good luck with that fuckers!

Vince made a huge mistake. Cena is gunning for his job now.

Kaladin

Does it? What will still be around 100 years from now.

Also, computers lose value over time, and eventually it will be worth as much as a box set of John Cena matches.

While gold and diamonds value might fluctuate, the market will never completely die out for them and you'll always be able to get some of your investment back.

Sephzilla

Does it? What will still be around 100 years from now.

It wont matter because I'll be dead

Also, computers lose value over time, and eventually it will be worth as much as a box set of John Cena matches.

While gold and diamonds value might fluctuate, the market will never completely die out for them and you'll always be able to get some of your investment back.

I'm gonna have to sneak back over to the local jewelry store after work one of these days when my girlfriend isn't home and try to get a good price estimate. We looked at rings earlier this summer and some of the prices were pretty hefty, but I think some of those were packages that included both the engagement ring and wedding band.

I remember this story coming out back when it happened... Why is stuff happening again now? Could've sworn it was settled back then.

Yeah, I remember this too. I guess she's filing a civil suit or something?

She reported it to her work the day after it happened, waited on them 3 months, then reported it to the police when she realized they'd do nothing. So either it literally took 3 years for her place of employment to take it seriously enough to follow through, or it took literally 3 years for the police to take it seriously enough to follow through. Either way, somebody's incompetent

Sephzilla

It's a fucking gift. You're going to get some engagement mutual bonds?

I'm also trying to think from the perspective of my girlfriend. She like expensive gifts but she's also said numerous times that she'd rather that money go towards better things.

Like she's already straight out told me she's only renting her wedding dress and doesn't really want an overly expensive one either. Because according to her there's no point in buying a dress she'll only wear once, and that money used to buy a crazy expensive dress could go towards getting better food for all of the people you invite to your wedding.

She told me this after we went to a wedding where apparently the bride had like a $2k dress and then had really shoddy food at the reception.

As a millennial, I apparently view marriage as an outdated and useless concept and therefore don't need to spend any money

Only ring I'm getting is the brass ring dudes

Xater

I believe Americans are much more serious about engagement rings than Europeans.

At least, that's what television taught me.

Apparently? I never heard of anyone spending that much money on one. Well except if you are rich as fuck.

She reported it to her work the day after it happened, waited on them 3 months, then reported it to the police when she realized they'd do nothing. So either it literally took 3 years for her place of employment to take it seriously enough to follow through, or it took literally 3 years for the police to take it seriously enough to follow through. Either way, somebody's incompetent

Wow. That's really fucked up.

jmdajr

Dorks here spending thousands a year on videogames and all sorts of nerd crap. Are they good investments? No. Do they enjoy them? Sure. Do people think they are useless waste of time. Yes.

Now think of your significant other. Does he/she like stuff/things you might think is a waste? Probably.

So every once in awhile take the time to sacrifice your own bullshit for the enjoyment of others. If it's not Jewlery fine. But go out of your way and do something 100% for them.

I own no jewelry. I have no use for it. But I still went out of my way to get something within reason of what I get paid because I knew it would make my significant other happy. And it's not even about the ring. It's about the thought/effort.

Sephzilla

Dorks here spending thousands a year on videogames and all sorts of nerd crap. Are they good investments? No. Do they enjoy them? Sure. Do people think they are useless waste of time. Yes.

Now think of your significant other. Does he/she like stuff/things you might think is a waste? Probably.

So every once in awhile take the time to sacrifice your own bullshit for the enjoyment of others. If it's not Jewlery fine. But go out of your way and do something 100% for them.

I own no jewelry. I have no use for it. But I still went out of my way to get something within reason of what I get paid because I knew it would make my significant other happy. And it's not even about the ring. It's about the thought/effort.

Bold part is fucking truth.

What's that can't hear over the flight I'm booking to vegas for a sweet sure-to-yellow-gray hued PS4 8)

Silly American.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

something something grab the brass rings?

joelseph

Apparently? I never heard of anyone spending that much money on one. Well except if you are rich as fuck.

I have always heard the rule "3 paychecks".

I'm in the same boat, GF and I start ring shopping soon. Planning on popping the question early 2015. If I had to guess I bet we go brass only.

Xater

I can do all that without spending that much money on silly expensive jewelry and I do it all the time.

Top Bottom