• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
B3-QU1cCQAAtUTQ.png

Because he has a cruisy life unlike the shackled WWE existence I expect. Cabana seems pretty happy running the indy stuff and his podcast seems to bring in more than enough revenue to make it worth doing.
Getting his mate Punk to dump his guts with him is a huge money maker into the future too. Maybe more of them should take up podcasting like Jericho has.
Dave Meltzer doesn't post here anymore, you don't need to reply to his fanzine.

Thorakai

Fave five carnie racist shit Vince pulled

1. Puerto Ricans with a Spaniard gimmick celebrating a Mexican holiday
2. DX with Blackface
3. Muhammad Hassan terrorists
4. Dubing Mark Henry the Silverback
5. Kung Fu Naki

Fox318

Next week's Art of Wrestling to focus on Chris Benoit

"Hunter and Benoit were really close, I even remember when Hunter bought him a shotgun as a gift. Benoit had some issues with the medical staff though. He complained of headaches and they always told him to take it up with Vince"- CM Punk

You'll never see a union in wrestling. It's a pipe dream at best, delusions at worst, and the reason is because when one of the best talents in its history left with an injury being neglected as one of the causes, the rest of the talent responded with the equivalent of "you're dying? WE'RE DYING TOO BUT WE DON'T FUCKING COMPLAIN"

Jesus, I thought snitches get stitches wasn't seriously said beyond high school. fucking genx wrassle twerps

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
These millennial don't want to grab the brass ring, they want to tell each other to suck it up cause they're chomping at the bit to job to part timers.

carny ass bidness

Kaladin

If you ever saw a union happen in WWE, that's the same day you would see mass firings happen in WWE. Vince and Haitch give no fucks, they'll find some flippy indy guy or some club bouncer or some high school football player to be the next Daniel Bryan.

Fox318

The only way a union happens in WWE is if Cena leads it. Unfortunately he's a company guy

Honestly with the carnie mentality they aren't gonna do it.

Only way WWE wrestlers have a union is if contracts are not guaranteed.

Good bye half of the older roster.

There are 3 big reasons why they need a union.

• Medical concerns for care during employment and post employment.
  • Network Revenue
  • Standards for Merch revenue. Guys getting buried for Cena helps raise his merch appeal. They do just as much work as he does to earn that.

But a union CAN NOT EVER be involved in booking or creative. The product is stale now because they try to protect everyone.

If you ever saw a union happen in WWE, that's the same day you would see mass firings happen in WWE. Vince and Haitch give no fucks, they'll find some flippy indy guy or some club bouncer or some high school football player to be the next Daniel Bryan.

Vince and HHH would just wrestle 3 hour draws every Monday, torn quads and all

Striker

2. DX with Blackface
5. Kung Fu Naki
Countless racial segments he's been involved (and probably had written).

Calling a team of Japanese women in the 80's the "Jumping Bomb Angels".

Sephzilla

Cena pushing for a union would result in getting a union. If Cena threatened to picket or walk or anything like that Vince might seriously die of a heart attack.

Fox318

What about production? Are they Union?

Vince re-branded the industry as sports entertainment to avoid paying taxes.

Right now with the exception of their management they structure everyone as an independent contractor who is responsible for their own health coverage.

MG310

2. DX with Blackface
5. Kung Fu Naki

The Hirohito promo actually making it to air has to be an honorable mention.

Fox318

They don't have the talent to create a character anymore.

Its why they are investing so much in Reigns.

Carnby

2. DX with Blackface
5. Kung Fu Naki

Good list. Don't forget the time when DX went to NYC. It featured HHH and Road Dogg making fun of cab drivers' accents and Japanese tourists' accents.

Vince re-branded the industry as sports entertainment to avoid paying taxes.

Right now with the exception of their management they structure everyone as an independent contractor who is responsible for their own health coverage.

It was more to get around the state athletic commissions.

Am I the only one that has trouble wrapping my head around "taking risks". I always hear it when vince or other big names talk about to get over or how to move up.

What are examples of risks wrestlers took? I'm genuinely asking. I always assumed there was a script and directions that you had to follow and if you just decided to do your own thing you'd probably get shit canned. Or does the entire notion of taking risks have to do with the way you deliver the script, but then I always assumed vince/creative tell you how to deliver it.

Or do they mean take risks behind the scenes like telling creative to fuck off. But that can't be true because vince said you better not piss anybody off.

Guys, is this all a sham?

Alright that was pretty good in my opinion. When is Lucha underground on?
Tuned in to TNA for the first time in probably a month and a half.

And I'm back out.

jmdajr

Am I the only one that has trouble wrapping my head around "taking risks". I always hear it when vince or other big names talk about to get over or how to move up.

What are examples of risks wrestlers took? I'm genuinely asking. I always assumed there was a script and directions that you had to follow and if you just decided to do your own thing you'd probably get shit canned. Or does the entire notion of taking risks have to do with the way you deliver the script, but then I always assumed vince/creative tell you how to deliver it.

Or do they mean take risks behind the scenes like telling creative to fuck off. But that can't be true because vince said you better not piss anybody off.

Guys, is this all a sham?
Going to ask Vince for anything is a risk..he will either listen or put you on the fast lane to the unemployment line.

Top Bottom