• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
So with ComicsGAF finally being moved to Community, who wants to petition the mods to get WrassleGAF moved to the main OT board in it's place?

Vince is a secret Dragongate mark

maxresdefault.jpg

Paracelsus

I found this to be telling. And you could tell it pissed Austin off.

He was lying, since he stripped Punk of the belt in September of 2008 because Jericho vs Michaels "needed the title" (so that Jericho could later put Cena over). He also stripped Punk of the title because of Rock vs Cena II, so I don't really see how what he said makes any sense.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm more so talking about the fact that Khali and Hornswoggle were involved.

Hornswoggle was involved because Regal was the GM at the time, and the whole point was he was using his power to A) shut off the lights and B) give himself easy wins. Just like Punk was completely beaten up already when Regal wrestled him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bah gawd, Honma's vowed to destroy the Bullet Club for what they did to Yoshitatsu. He said; "I will never forgive Bullet Club. I don't like you!" and says he wants revenge against Jarrett.

Man, you just know Honma's going to go for a kokeshi and get a guitar to the face.

And we are all going to be able to watch it, for only 9 99.

If the OT tag is anything but "it's like the WWE Network, but better" I will be disappointed.

UberTag

I can't believe some of you are butthurt at Rock winning the belt off Punk. Rock drives buys, brings in a ton of money. Come on, jesus fuck, I know you all have little microboners over CM Punk but for christ's sake, the Rock is money.
You're absolutely right.

Dwayne drives buys. Dwayne brings in a ton of money.

Now answer me this hot shot... how many EXTRA buys did Dwayne buy due to them sacrificing the credibility of CM Punk, the locker room and a 400+ day record-setting title reign to him?

The answer is... ZERO.

Sephzilla

You're absolutely right.

Dwayne drives buys. Dwayne bring in a ton of money.

Now answer me this hot shot... how many EXTRA buys did Dwayne buy due to them sacrificing the credibility of CM Punk, the locker room and a 400+ day record-setting title reign to him?

The answer is... ZERO.

Exactly. Rock is a short term band-aid solution that gives you a lot of buys right now but hurts future buys if he's going over current talent. I'm 100% okay with Rock being on the card if he's fighting older guys like HHH or even Cena, but if he's going over active champs like Punk that has long term ramifications.

Ithil

If you're going to bitch about Cena being the only one with ambition and drive, then why even bother watching? Tyson got pushed. FACT. Tyson did well. FACT. Tyson got pushed more. FACT. Not everyone is a top guy. It's stupid to think that every person HAS to be a top level guy. You can't have that. You need mid carders. You NEED career mid carders. That's a very important position. So I don't even know what you are bitching about. He's in the spot he was hired to be in. Tyson Kidd is never headlining Wrestlemania. What he can be good at is a solid US/IC level contender and someone who can make guys look good when they need someone to look good. That's a good role. That's an important role.

They need MORE of those people, not trying to make everyone either a top guy or a total goober. And sometimes, that good mid card guy does a really good job and catches and becomes something special. Like Bret Hart. Like Steve Austin. Like Daniel Bryan.
I wasn't bitching about Cena being the only one with ambition. That's what Vince claimed. I think he's full of shit in that regard and has fostered an environment where trying to stand out gets you punished.

strobogo

Banned
I question the idea that Tyson "reached for the brass ring" or showed ambition in his current push. He was just a warm main roster body in NXT working off some ring rust and getting sent to do SOMETHING since he was on Total Divas. But he was the same zero personality guy he was before. The fans taunting him about his wife ended up giving him a character and angle that he other wise wouldn't have had at all. He and HHH/NXT staff ran with it. It wasn't a "Listen Hunter, this is what I want to do and how we're going to do it" thing. It was dumb luck from the fans that ended up getting him a significant push on NXT and back on Raw and Smackdown after 2 years of no TV time at all.

He went down there to be the warm body mechanic that he had been his entire WWE run and the fans, on their own, morphed him into something new that has given his career a second life. Nothing to do with drive or ambition. Tyson Kidd was going to do the best at what he could at whatever was asked of him, because he's a professional. That's what professionals do. Do the job asked of them to the best of their ability. If the fans hadn't started something in NXT, he'd likely still be the zero personality guy who would be lucky to get on Superstars if someone remembered him.

Fox318

Would it have really hurt to put a Rock match before a PPV?

WrestleMania XXVIII had Rock Cena after the title.

The whole point to 29 was to push Cena even more.

Undertaker could have easily demanded that he end every mania but he didn't.

Paracelsus

You're absolutely right.

Dwayne drives buys. Dwayne bring in a ton of money.

The answer is... ZERO.

Amen. What irks me is that Punk addressed all of those counterarguments already.

"If you have a part-timer come once a year to bury your active roster you're telling your fans these are the big shots and we don't mean shit".

I don't understand why anybody would honestly believe "oh, it took ROCK to beat Punk", anybody above PG would just think "oh, that slob took down a full-time wrestler, how lame".

Xater

Brock News

Brock Lesnar was not advertised on Monday's WWE Raw because the decision made during the week was not to waste one of his dates on next Monday's Slammys-themed show. Lesnar had been booked and advertised for the 12/8 show for more than a month, and is now scheduled to return on 12/15.

The Slammys are next week? I still think they are total bullshit and a waste of time. So I expect another shit show next week.

Verendus

Banned
Friends, why do I return with jet lag only to find discussion about someone who can't draw? What has happened?

BatistaGAF hasn't been this hostile in time from the looks of it.

Paracelsus

Friends, why do I return with jet lag only to find discussion about someone who can't draw? What has happened?

BatistaGAF hasn't been this hostile in time from the looks of it.

Batista can't wrestle, can't act, maybe he'll be a good GM.

I bet Batista won't come back and that was HHH's writing.

Scumbag Honma always trying to profit off others tragedies

Good guy Honma standing up for his friends, you mean!

And we are all going to be able to watch it, for only 9 99.

If the OT tag is anything but "it's like the WWE Network, but better" I will be disappointed.

I was just going to go with "for only NINE (hundred and) NINETY NINE (yen)!", but yours is a more descriptive title, I think. And accurate!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bah gawd, Honma's vowed to destroy the Bullet Club for what they did to Yoshitatsu. He said; "I will never forgive Bullet Club. I don't like you!" and says he wants revenge against Jarrett.

Man, you just know Honma's going to go for a kokeshi and get a guitar to the face.

It'll be beautiful. Hopefully from the top rope.

what is up my brothers?

iuKBSG67dlopf.gif

Everyone's favorite member named Frecklestein is here

We're being pissy moany today apparently, so
theszgfykwsls.gif

Amen. What irks me is that Punk addressed all of those counterarguments already.

"If you have a part-timer come once a year to bury your active roster you're telling your fans these are the big shots and we don't mean shit".

I don't understand why anybody would honestly believe "oh, it took ROCK to beat Punk", anybody above PG would just think "oh, that slob took down a full-time wrestler, how lame".
Because it's The Rock. He's not just some random ass wrestler.

bjork

Brock News

The Slammys are next week? I still think they are total bullshit and a waste of time. So I expect another shit show next week.

If this Brock deal guarantees that no one gets that kind of deal after Sting's runs out, good.

Kaladin

December is always a shit month.

TLC

Slammys

Christmas Raw

Tribute For The Troops (great that they do these, but typically booked like a house show)

By the time we get through all this, the month is over and it's time to build for the Rumble.

Sephzilla

Thank you.

Rock coming in after a 10 month hiatus after his Cena match, beating Punk and ending the 400+ day title reign with absolutely no warm-up matches leading up to it completely buries the entire active roster, defies common sense wrestling logic, and long term hurts the product.
Batista can't wrestle, can't act, maybe he'll be a good GM.

I bet Batista won't come back and that was HHH's writing.

I think the odds of Batista coming back are less than Punk coming back right now, to be honest. Batista has Marvel movies to make. At most Batista will come back for a one-off appearance to plug Guardians 2 and he'll probably give Sandow the Accuser a Batista Bomb.

Gonzalez

Banned
Is anybody else excited to see what award Roman will be winning next week?

That dude will be making it Reign in that bitch.

UberTag

And now BatistaGAF is turning on the man himself.

This is surreal.
Big Dave is bigger and better than the WWE's shit show.
If anything, BatistaGAF is happy for him and hopes he stays the hell away... just like the rest of us hope he does.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm working on the 3rd Annual WrassleGAF Award ballot and went back to last year's results. Let's talk about them. Pretty interesting stuff~

2013 WrassleGAF End of Year Poll

• Best WWE Performer;
    • Daniel Bryan - 149
    • Antonio Cesaro - 24
    • CM Punk - 14
    • Brock Lesnar - 13
    • John Cena - 6
A runaway victory for Daniel Bryan, as he earns six times the votes of his nearest rival, in spite of his poor treatment in the second half of 2013.

• Best Non-WWE Performer;
    • Shinsuke Nakamura - 63
    • Christopher Daniels - 34
    • Kazuchika Okada - 31
    • Prince Devitt - 31
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi - 22
The Non-WWE list is dominated by New Japan personal, with the notable exception of Old Man Daniels, who rises above TNA's stink of mediocrity to place in second. However, the clear winner is Shinsuke Nakamura and, with a number of MOTYC to his name, it's easy enough to see why.

• Best Tag Team;
    • The Shield - 123
    • The Young Bucks - 32
    • Real Americans - 22
    • Bad Influence - 16
    • Laughter7 - 2
An easy victory for The Shield, in truth. I thought it would be tighter. Clearly we haven't done enough to convince WrassleGAF that The Young Bucks are indeed the greatest tag team in the world. Laughter7 prop up the voting with just two votes to their name, but will have to satisfy themselves with the knowledge that they could legit fuck shit up for any, supposedly superior, tag team on the list.

• Best Female Wrestler;
    • AJ Lee - 107
    • Emma - 38
    • Kana - 34
    • Portia Perez - 8
    • Cheerleader Melissa - 8
A well deserved win for AJ Lee, but the fact that her only WWE counterpart to make the top five is from NXT shows what a sorry state the division AJ Lee presides over is in. Also, nice to see a bunch of Kana fans here, but shame the SHIMMER World Champion only gained 8 votes.

• Match of the Year - WWE;
    • CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar, Summerslam - 82
    • Antoni Cesaro vs Sami Zayn, NXT - 55
    • John Cena vs Daniel Bryan, Summerslam - 34
    • John Cena vs CM Punk, RAW after Rumble - 16
    • CM Punk vs The Undertaker, WrestleMania - 8
A fantastic selection of matches here, but there could be only one winner. Punk vs Brock got double the ammount of votes of any main-roster WWE match, with only NXT's Cesaro vs Zayn match-up coming close to the no.1 spot. Perhaps surprisingly, Punk vs Taker only got 8 votes. There have been a few better in-ring matches in WWE this year, but not many that can match up to the storytelling of the Punk vs Taker match.

• Match of the Year - Non-WWE;
    • Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Invasion Attack - 41
    • Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata, G1 Climax Day 4 - 41
    • Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Wrestle Kingdom 7 - 28
    • Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kazushi Sakuraba, Wrestle Kingdom 7 - 28
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito, G1 Climax FINAL - 12
The Non-WWE MotY is absolutely dominated by New Japan this year, and we have a tie break situation. Ishii vs Shibata from Day 4 of the G1 was the sort of no-nonsense, hard-hitting contest that the fans love and, if he wasn't over enough already, it made a real underdog hero out of Ishii. Meanwhile, Okada vs Tanahashi from Invasion Attack was the pinnacle of their rivalry and my personal pick for Match of the Year. However, with another fantastic encounter between the two at King of Pro-Wrestling (and that 30 minute draw from the G1 that everyone seems to have forgotten about), it's clear that the two Okada vs Tana matches canibalised each other's votes.

• Best Promotion of 2013;
    • NXT - 80
    • NJPW - 76
    • WWE - 26
    • PWG - 7
    • CHIKARA - 1
The developmental territory won :| Sure, NXT is pretty great, at times, and in comparison to the main WWE programming it's easily the best hour of wrestling on television, but that's not saying much. I'm trying to provide non-biased commentary here, but dammnit WrassleGAF, you just made my shit list. Nice to see one WrassleGAF'er keeping the CHIKARA flag flying, though (Bill, is that you?).

• Best on the Mic/Promo;
    • Paul Heyman - 96
    • CM Punk - 43
    • Mark Henry - 26
    • Zeb Coulter - 25
    • AJ Lee - 8
Unsurprisingly, the field this year is dominated by WWE performers and, really, there could only be one winner. Paul Heyman has been simply masterful every time he's given a live microphone, the man is a veritable genius of promo work and throughout 2013 has manipulated audiences and WWE superstars alike.

• Best New Gimmick;
    • Bo Dallas 'The Earnest Babyface' - 68
    • The Wyatt Family - 66
    • Prince Devitt 'The Real Rock 'n' Rolla' - 35
    • Tyler Breeze, Male Model - 17
    • Corporate Kane - 16
The Wyatt Family are robbed of the top spot by Bo Dallas, whose gimmick changes over the past few months have seen him go from reviled to revered among some members of WrassleGAF. I'm reminded of the old saying, "you can't polish a turd", which is certainly true, but Bo Dallas is proof that you can at least cover it up.

• Best Angle of 2013;
    • Mark Henry's Retirement - 61
    • Daniel Bryan's ascension...until Summerslam - 60
    • Rhodes Family vs The McMahons - 55
    • CM Punk gets inside The Undertaker's head - 25
    • CM Punk and Paul Heyman split - 3
A tight one here, as Mark Henry's faux retirement SWERVED WrassleGAF and the WWE Universe at large. Also making the list were The Rhodes Family vs McMahons feud, which proved to be a big fan favourite while it lasted, and the ascension of Daniel Bryan, right up until the point when H's stuck his big nose in and ruined everything.

• Best Face;
    • Daniel Bryan - 111
    • Sami Zayn - 41
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi - 22
    • Goldust - 16
    • Santino - 12
Daniel Bryan absolutely dominates the voting here, but a good second place bodes well for Sami Zayn's future in the WWE. New Japan's no.1 star Hiroshi Tanahashi makes it in at 3rd place, but with only Goldust & Santino behind him, you have to wonder why it's so hard for WWE to create main event babyfaces that people actually like?

• Best Heel;
    • Paul Heyman - 68
    • Zeb Coulter - 42
    • Bullet Club - 41
    • HHH - 32
    • Stephanie McMahon - 17
The Bullet Club are beaten into 3rd place by a pair of managers! Paul Heyman took the clear win, with Zeb Colter some twenty or so votes behind.

• Best Pay-Per-View of 2013;
    • NJPW G1 Climax - 77
    • WWE Summerslam - 65
    • WWE Money in the Bank - 28
    • NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling - 20
    • PWG DDT4 - 8
The G1 Tour is always a big highlight of the New Japan calendar, but for this year the international audience was invited to join in and watch the whole damn thing live! It also helps that this year's G1 was one of the best tournaments in recent memory, with a ton of classic matches throughout the 11 days. Following closely on its heels, however, is WWE's Summerslam, a highly entertaining event capped off by a fantastic Cena vs Bryan encounter. However, with Money in the Bank being the only other WWE PPV to make the top 5, that surely speaks to the uneven year WWE have been having. Pro-Wrestling Guerrilla is the lone entrant from the indies, proping up the list with 8 votes.

• Comeback of the Year;
    • Goldust - 186
    • Mark Henry - 7
    • Christian - 5
    • Rob Van Dam - 3
Landslide victory here, as Goldust gets some well deserved recognition for the excellent year he's having. Elsewhere, RVD showed up for a few months and then left. No one much noticed.

• Most Improved in 2013;
    • Roman Reigns - 100
    • Bo Dallas - 36
    • The Usos - 29
    • Kazuchika Okada - 22
    • Big E Langston - 21
Easy victory for the monster of The Shield here, as he beats out nearest competitor Bo Dallas by a good 60 points or so.

• Worst On-Screen Performer;
    • The Miz - 75
    • Eva Marie - 46
    • The Great Khali - 45
    • HHH - 24
    • Ryback - 17
A damning acount of Miz's abilities when you consider the dreck that lies beneath him. Eva Marie? Great Khali? H's? Ryback? Ugh.

• Mark-Out Moment of the Year;
    • Bryan Beats Cena Clean at Summerslam - 73
    • Ziggler Cashes In - 66
    • Mark Henry 'Retires' - 43
    • Rhodes Family Hug - 16
    • CM Punk uses Undertaker's Urn - 7
WrassleGAF's big mark out moment this year was easy enough to predict, but the voting was much closer than I expected. Surprised so many have fond memories of Ziggler's cash in, considering what transpired afterwards.

• Underutilised Performer of the Year;
    • Antonio Cesaro - 147
    • Dolph Ziggler - 33
    • Damien Sandow - 13
    • Fandango - 7
    • Rob Van Dam - 2
An easy victory for Antonio Cesaro here, as he giant swung his way into the WWE Universe's hearts. Here's hoping 2014 sees WWE give him his due.

• Fall From Grace 2013;
    • Dolph Ziggler - 122
    • Ryback - 35
    • Chris Jericho - 24
    • Sting - 13
    • Ricardo Rodriguez - 10
A damning indictment of Ziggler's treatment since cashing in the Money in the Bank, few can recall seeing a talent fall so quickly or so far out of favour. Elsewhere, Chris Jericho makes the list as he phoned in another WWE run between Fozzy tours.

• Most Shameful Moment to be a Wrestling Fan;
    • Rock puts John Cena over at Mania - 107
    • Cena dumping garbage on others - 30
    • Divas Musical Chairs - 26
    • Hostamania Commercial - 21
    • "Funny" Photoshop segments on RAW - 17
There's been a lot to dislike about WWE this year, but the repeated insistance on trying to legitimise John Cena had to be the absolute worst. Go back and watch the moment when Rocky raises Cena's hand - Rock looks so disgusted with himself and that disgust was clearly mirrored on the faces of 107 WrassleGAF'ers.

• Worst Angle of the Year;
    • Twice in a Lifetime - 80
    • The Authority vs Big Show - 53
    • Daniel Bryan post-Summerslam - 35
    • Aces & Eights - 32
    • CM Punk gets his hands on Paul Heyman - 1
Continuing the theme, Twice in a Lifetime wins Worst Angle of the Year, but faced stiff competiton from the dreadful Authority vs Big Show run, everything D-Brine post-Summerslam, the never-ending monotony of Aces & Eights and a lone vote for Punk getting has hands on Heyman. I don't even remember that.

• Time to Retire in 2014;
    • Jerry Lawler - 85
    • TNA as a whole - 43
    • Great Khali - 32
    • The Big Show - 23
    • Sting - 21
Overwhelming support for Jerry here, as WrassleGAF collectively implores "retire already, you old bastard". TNA is not far from his heels, however, as many continue to wonder how much longer this joke of a company can last.

• GIF of the Year;
    • Vince McMahon's WBF Fantasy - 105
    • HHH denies Miz a handshake - 41
    • Roman Reigns spears Mysterio off of the apron - 26
    • Heyman's look of shock - 22
    • Cena's ass jiggle - 15
GZUKvFD.gif

• "What a Maneuver!" - Best Move of 2013;
    • Antonio Cesaro's Giant Swing - 90
    • Roman Reigns' Spear - 65
    • Shinsuke Nakamura's Boma Ye - 25
    • AJ Lee's Widowmaker - 17
    • Kazuchika Okada's Rainmaker - 10
Big victory for the most giant of Giant Swings in wrestling, Antonio Cesaro is truly a beast. Elsewhere, a lot of love for Roman Reigns' personal safety-defying spear that just looks so damn great.

• Worst Gimmick of 2013;
    • Curtis Axel as Curtis Axel - 65
    • CJ Parker, the Hippie - 54
    • Bad News Barrett - 43
    • Lord Tensai as 'Sweet-T' - 27
    • Leo Kruger's makeover - 12
These are all acceptable choices, but Curtis Axel as Curtis Axel is a clear step above the rest in terms of sheer mediocrity.

• Community MVP;
    • Stopped counting at 100. Nobody else even comes close. STROBOGO WINS.
Big round of applause for strobogo and his unwavering dedication to reviewing random wrasslin' and providing us all with GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS GIFS!!

I question the idea that Tyson "reached for the brass ring" or showed ambition in his current push. He was just a warm main roster body in NXT working off some ring rust and getting sent to do SOMETHING since he was on Total Divas. But he was the same zero personality guy he was before. The fans taunting him about his wife ended up giving him a character and angle that he other wise wouldn't have had at all. He and HHH/NXT staff ran with it. It wasn't a "Listen Hunter, this is what I want to do and how we're going to do it" thing. It was dumb luck from the fans that ended up getting him a significant push on NXT and back on Raw and Smackdown after 2 years of no TV time at all.

He went down there to be the warm body mechanic that he had been his entire WWE run and the fans, on their own, morphed him into something new that has given his career a second life. Nothing to do with drive or ambition. Tyson Kidd was going to do the best at what he could at whatever was asked of him, because he's a professional. That's what professionals do. Do the job asked of them to the best of their ability. If the fans hadn't started something in NXT, he'd likely still be the zero personality guy who would be lucky to get on Superstars if someone remembered him.

But it's such an odd mentality that they seemingly have backstage. You need to grab at these imaginary brass rings, but if you speak out, you might step on toes or piss off the wrong people. If you shoot down ideas, you're taken off TV or punished for speaking your mind.

It's just such a paranoid driven, toxic backstage environment. What about Ryder? I sure as fuck didn't care for him, but the guy busted his ass off and got himself over with his youtube channel. The crowd chanted for him during a Rocky promo, did Vince listen to the crowd then..? It's a miracle Bryan's situation turned out as good as it did, honestly. Paired with Kane in a pseudo tag gimmick, dropped the belt to Sheamus in seconds etc; they put so many roadblocks in front of him, rather than "Hey, the fans seem to REALLY like this guy, let's see if it'll work". They don't give people a good go at it. If it bombs, it bombs, onto the next guy, but we're left with so many whatifs and fantasy booking scenarios.

I DUNNO. It's just dumb to me. I obviously have no clue what really even happens back there, none of us do, really-- but from my perspective, it's kinda bullshit for Vince to say that nobody but Cena has tried for the brass rings.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey guys, I'm working on the 3rd Annual WrassleGAF Award ballot and went back to last year's results. Let's talk about them. Pretty interesting stuff~

That Ishii vs. shibata match really was something else, might be one of my favorite matches of all time. I am going to watch it right now.

Verendus

Banned
There's almost a 40 page wrestling thread in OT. So much emotion is contained within it. I understand the atmosphere here now.

Kaladin

You should probably hold off on the voting for a couple of weeks. At least let us get through the NXT Live Event in December.

I have a feeling that will have some best match and show votes.

Paracelsus

But it's such an odd mentality that they seemingly have backstage. You need to grab at these imaginary brass rings, but if you speak out, you might step on toes or piss off the wrong people. If you shoot down ideas, you're taken off TV or punished for speaking your mind.

It's just such a paranoid driven, toxic backstage environment. What about Ryder? I sure as fuck didn't care for him, but the guy busted his ass off and got himself over with his youtube channel. The crowd chanted for him during a Rocky promo, did Vince listen to the crowd then..? It's a miracle Bryan's situation turned out as good as it did, honestly. Paired with Kane in a pseudo tag gimmick, dropped the belt to Sheamus in seconds etc; they put so many roadblocks in front of him, rather than "Hey, the fans seem to REALLY like this guy, let's see if it'll work". They don't give people a good go at it. If it bombs, it bombs, onto the next guy, but we're left with so many whatifs and fantasy booking scenarios.

Imo what happened is "the WWE universe" pulled a Benoit, as in no matter how irrelevant the guy may or may not be on the mic, no matter how bland or stupid he may be booked, the guy looks just too legit to get buried, pretty much the same thing that happened with Kurt Angle. Ziggler is another one, though he's more of a great worker like Michaels than a technical wrestler.

Ithil

Here's my business plan:

I will set up a guy to fail
If he fails, it's his fault
If he succeeds, he's punished for not following the plan

Lastly I will set my home on fire, then yell at the house for being flammable.

jred2k

It's kind of funny Vince says the title doesn't matter, it's just there sometimes, yet Rock/Cena II HAD to be for the title. If the writer's had been competent, and if Cena could have sold it, 2012 could have just been his worst year ever and the WM29 match could have just been a retribution match that didn't need the belt as the focus.

Those award results are pretty interesting. I'll expect this years to be completely different even though not much has actually happened in the past 9 months of WWE.

Sephzilla

I think this year's ballot will be interesting since there really was no runaway star this year thanks to Bryan getting injured. I can already promise you that Mark Out Moment of the Year 2014 is going to either be Brock destroying Cena or Bryan going over HHH.

Allow me to be the first to suggest one for the ballot

Most Shameful Moment to be a Wrestling Fan;
-Brock Lesnar ending The Streak

Kaladin

Here's my business plan:

I will set up a guy to fail
If he fails, it's his fault
If he succeeds, he's punished for not following the plan

Lastly I will set my home on fire, then yell at the house for being flammable.

No, you bury the construction workers for making it with flammable wood.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You should probably hold off on the voting for a couple of weeks. At least let us get through the NXT Live Event in December.

I have a feeling that will have some best match and show votes.

We can hope. We unfortunately will need to get moving on the nominations soon though. Dec 11th won't be too tough to make it to, and we need the RoH show to happen as well. I have 0 hope for TLC delivering anything noteworthy.

That's *exactly* what I was praising him for though. Tyson has worked his ass off to get where he is. He deserves to be where he is, luck or not. I'd love to see him get a mid card title run...

But the way Vince was talking about the whole locker room was as if no one was doing everything they could to climb up the card. That's all I was alluding to. Tyson has clawed his way up to his current spot, and he's done it while putting a lot of time in the ring, and while being followed around by a camera crew. He turned something potentially toxic, into something golden.

I'm not sure where the FACT thing came from, but he was gaining traction with that before the Nattie's wife business really got going, and the crowd were taunting him with Nattie chants in part because he'd done some good heeling to get them to the point where they want to taunt him.

There are some hard workers is all I'm getting at. I really don't get the sense that the locker room is a bunch of Millenials, and someone like Tyson's failure to reach the top of the card has nothing to do with effort or bootstraps or whatever.

Cena has been the closest thing they've had to a cross over star post Austin/Rock era. He's also a hard worker. But it isn't lack of effort that's prevented all the other people they've feuded Cena against all these years from slotting into that same position.

Those people who have that mainstream appeal, it's got very little to do with seizing your opportunities or trying really hard.

Ziggler. The Miz. Hell even Sheamus. Whatever we think of these people as talents... have they not been working really hard for the company? I'm sure we could all probably list others.

DB I don't mention, because he might *as yet* cross over. He felt close to doing it, and we know he was moving the merchandise. The return from injury storyline, if played right, could be epic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Worst Gimmick of 2013;
Curtis Axel as Curtis Axel - 65

fuck you guys

Kinda surprised BNB was on there. I forgot how much he grew into that role and embraced it, and has made it great. I gotta admit, he made something out of it.

Verendus

Banned
I think this year's ballot will be interesting since there really was no runaway star this year thanks to Bryan getting injured.

I can already promise you that Mark Out Moment of the Year 2014 is going to either be Brock destroying Cena or Bryan going over HHH.
The runaway star is obviously Batista.

Returned to win the Royal Rumble a historic second time, forced the Daniel Bryan push against all odds, made three stars in The Shield, then went onto take over Hollywood, and is now about to kill James Bond.

No contest really.

Xater

Overall I still feel pretty good about the voting but a couple of things bug me.

As much as I liked NXT last year New Japan probably should have been number one. I'd be surprised if it isn't this year.

Bo as best new gimmick ist just dumb.

Reigns as most improved just shows how protected he was within the Shield. We were all tricked. He really got exposed once he had to do singles matches.

I feel like we might see a repeat of underutilized performer this year.

Kaladin

We can hope. We unfortunately will need to get moving on the nominations soon though. Dec 11th won't be too tough to make it to, and we need the RoH show to happen as well. I have 0 hope for TLC delivering anything noteworthy.

NXT will deliver friend. Just you wait.

Top Bottom