• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
I WISH it had been someone like Roman, because having Brock break it, then CRUSH Cena, and then the very next month be just another guy who would have lost to Cena if Seth hadn't interfered made both a complete and utter waste. Roman is going to be around longer than Brock is. Brock is probably done after WM. He's likely only going to put over one guy. That's the whole point of him demolishing Show, Taker, and Cena. So to have a panicked FUCK LET'S MAKE SURE CENA LOOKS GOOD moment makes the 9 months of build vanish in seconds.

Sephzilla

Hindsight, I think Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker could have been a fantastic feud at least from a "both guys are supernatural" angle

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2014/12/02/22108176.html

Rene Dupree said:
They were going to put me in the ring [vs Big Show], but then Michael Hayes came around and said, 'Hey man, can you actually work?' I said, 'I don't know.' I wasn't going to go in the ring, regardless. I had this massive thing on my head [which turned out to be a hematoma]. I went in and talked to Stephanie, and Stephanie said, 'No, take the night off.'

The pressure in the cabin changes when you touch down, and the fucking thing just exploded in the lavatory. It looked like I got shot in the head there was so much blood. I was wearing a white Gold's Gym t-shirt and it was covered in blood.

To [HHH's] credit, he stayed with me the whole time, made sure that I was okay and got off the plane. But when the paramedics and EMTs and said, 'Listen, you've got to go to the hospital now, because...you could die.' Chris Candido had died a few months earlier from a blood clot in his leg -- I had one in my fucking temple.

But I could see the trainer, when the EMTs were talking, our trainer was looking at me, shaking his head 'no' because it would have cost the company too much money. Basically, that's what I got [from the trainer].

The way I look at it, I risked my life to save the company a few extra bucks.

One time, Johnny Stamboli, he got berated in front of the locker room because he was icing his shoulder -- and that's when I thought, 'Holy fuck.' That's one thing my dad always told me too, 'If you're hurt, don't let any of the office see it.' And that's coming from a guy from the '50s. That's a long tradition in wrestling; if you're hurt, don't let the office see it because then they'll think, 'Aw, this guy's not strong enough, he's not tough enough to hack it.'

Alucard

Banned
Just now?

Cmon man!

I just haven't seen enough of him. Now that I have New Japan World and have made a conscious decision to stop following WWE as much outside of stuff that gets buzz, I'll actually be able to enjoy myself a bit more. ROH, LU, and NJPW will be my promotions of choice.

Fox318

Just because there's nobody else is not a justifiable excuse in my opinion. The build up was bad. Brock didn't deserve it any more than the full timers, paycheck be damned.

And like I stealth edited into my previous post, the decision to end the streak that way positively killed the crowd until halfway through the main event when they should have been red fucking hot the entire time.

Brock beating Taker was a bad move all around.
Rock Hogan killed the crowd at x8.

I don't think you are wrong but WWE doesn't have the creative to build guys up anymore.

Punk was practically an accident and Bryan was luck.

I was still in New Orleans hanging out in a bar soaking in the last few hours of our Mania trip when the news about Warrior broke. Shit was weird as fuck as I was shitting on him at Raw less than a day before

Sephzilla

Bray had his "you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it" line all set too :(
"Your time has passed, Dead Man. Surrender to me and your creatures of the night shall follow the bizzards from this point forward "

Fuck, that could have been fun as fuck.

Omega

Banned
Bray vs Taker would have been dumb.

It should have been Rusev this year. Taker brings back the American Badass persona to defend murica from the big bad russian bulgarian

plus Rusev is actually good. and we would get to see more Lana. would have been win/win for everyone

I WISH it had been someone like Roman, because having Brock break it, then CRUSH Cena, and then the very next month be just another guy who would have lost to Cena if Seth hadn't interfered made both a complete and utter waste. Roman is going to be around longer than Brock is. Brock is probably done after WM. He's likely only going to put over one guy. That's the whole point of him demolishing Show, Taker, and Cena. So to have a panicked FUCK LET'S MAKE SURE CENA LOOKS GOOD moment makes the 9 months of build vanish in seconds.

It's cause Cena reached for that brass ring.

Fucking Millenials.

*Paul Heyman voice*

WrestleMania X8 was not only the greatest W-W-F Pay-Per-View of all time, it was the greatest sports entertainment event in the last century.

Edit: I'm mixing it up with X-Seven. Fuck me. 18 was solid tho.

Sunny, I cannot find it.

I've been looking as well, friend. But I can't find it either.

I know for certain that it was before July this year. Since that's when I made the OT, and I remember being mad for forgetting to include them in the OP.

It has to be on either the May or June threads. And I vaguely remember posting them during a weekend, possibly right before a PPV.

"Your time has passed, Dead Man. Surrender to me and your creatures of the night shall follow the bizzards from this point forward "

Fuck, that could have been fun as fuck.

AND he already took out Kane in his debut, in the inferno match, I'm sure he could line up some promos around that too.

OH WELL APPLEDOUGHHH
John_Cena_def_Bray_Wyatt.gif

Bray vs Taker would have been dumb.

It should have been Rusev this year. Taker brings back the American Badass persona to defend murica from the big bad russian bulgarian

plus Rusev is actually good. and we would get to see more Lana. would have been win/win for everyone

Tell if the controller works in CS:GO or not, because like Rowan, I don't take too kindly to bullies :mad:

Wyatt and Undertaker would be awesome as fuck. I can't contain my excitement for that. I want fucking supernatural wacky shit to happen again. Hologram people is fine but I really wanted Wyatt and Undertaker to shoot lightning at each other. Sacrifice people. It'd be rad. Not sure if beating the streak would make Wyatt or get a level of x-pac heat he'd never get over, but...I'd rather go down that route than Brock beating him.

Sorry DDP, this time of year is hell on my sugar intake, I just write it off. People just fucking dumping gift baskets full of chocolates and biscuits all day long near my desk. I can't say no to all this and I can't toss it out or give it away, the contractors will be pissy I couldn't handle the load.
I swear, first week of January will be all vegan shit again. I promise.

I'm almost 27 but remember life before cell phones and internet and didn't even get a cell until 2008. I don't feel like I'm a Millennial, but I also feel like I'm not quite old enough to be a true Gen Xer. I'm lost in time.

We didn't even get the internet until I was 16 and I avoided these stupid smartphones until 2010 when work made me get one. Back in my day we turned up to school to talk to friends and stole our fathers stick mags. None of this digital bullshit.

Skype? More like Shyte hey Vince.

AND he already took out Kane in his debut, in the inferno match, I'm sure he could line up some promos around that too.
FUCK they had it all perfectly in place too. Wyatt completely makes Kane his own but keeps him at bay for a while until he fights Taker. Wyatt's promos keep saying that Taker has forgotten something and that he should not underestimate Bray Wyatt. WM match happens and Kane comes out to help Taker after an attack from the entire Wyatt Family just to choke slam him. Wyatt then says he's fulfilled his purpose. Pins Taker, then burns them both alive in the middle of the ring and keeps and Urn next to his rocking chair for the rest of his career.

I may have gone a little russo there for a minute but I don't care. Give me supernatural shit.

strobogo

Banned
Sorry DDP, this time of year is hell on my sugar intake, I just write it off. People just fucking dumping gift baskets full of chocolates and biscuits all day long near my desk. I can't say no to all this and I can't toss it out or give it away, the contractors will be pissy I couldn't handle the load.
I swear, first week of January will be all vegan shit again. I promise.

We didn't even get the internet until I was 16 and I avoided these stupid smartphones until 2010 when work made me get one. Back in my day we turned up to school to talk to friends and stole our fathers stick mags. None of this digital bullshit.

Skype? More like Shyte hey Vince.

Mother fucker I STILL have a flip phone. You can suck my dick.

That sucks Undertaker is seemingly done. Would have loved to see them feed him millennial fucks like Bryan, Bray, Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro, or Reigns if he ever gets there.

They barely remembered the Kane storyline when Kane came back. I know we're just fantasy booking, but no way would they have referenced that in a Taker program

Is it just me or do Cory Feldman and Dean Ambrose look like they could be brothers?

Has Corey Feldman ever been ringside for like, WM or something? Actually, maybe he can guest host an upcoming RAW.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wyatt and Undertaker would be awesome as fuck. I can't contain my excitement for that. I want fucking supernatural wacky shit to happen again. Hologram people is fine but I really wanted Wyatt and Undertaker to shoot lightning at each other. Sacrifice people. It'd be rad. Not sure if beating the streak would make Wyatt or get a level of x-pac heat he'd never get over, but...I'd rather go down that route than Brock beating him.
The arena goes dark, Undertaker appears in the middle of the ring with a mic in hand to a pop from the crowd.

Undertaker cuts a promo about how he's gearing up for Wrestlemania again and he will never be defeated ever again.

Suddenly Bray appears on screen "I heah," he shuffles down to the ring yelling "Lightning bolt!", "Lightning Bolt!" Undertaker curls into fetal position and just as Bray enters the ring the arena goes dark again. When the lights come back on Taker is gone, Bray laughs knowing he has won the battle, but the war is still to come.

DAH

Cut to commercial.

Deadpan Cole recaps.

FUCK they had it all perfectly in place too. Wyatt completely makes Kane his own but keeps him at bay for a while until he fights Taker. Wyatt's promos keep saying that Taker has forgotten something and that he should not underestimate Bray Wyatt. WM match happens and Kane comes out to help Taker after an attack from the entire Wyatt Family just to choke slam him. Wyatt then says he's fulfilled his purpose. Pins Taker, then burns them both alive in the middle of the ring and keeps and Urn next to his rocking chair for the rest of his career.

I may have gone a little russo there for a minute but I don't care. Give me supernatural shit.

He can even walk to the ring with the lantern with Taker fog and everything. I was so hyped for the Wyatts, man. They talked about a higher purpose a grand scheme, and it was just jack shit. Just say it so we can say "yeah we totally planned for this" down the road if we ever came up with something worthwhile.

strobogo

Banned
They barely remembered the Kane storyline when Kane came back. I know we're just fantasy booking, but no way would they have referenced that in a Taker program

Has Corey Feldman ever been ringside for like, WM or something? Actually, maybe he can guest host an upcoming RAW.

I'm pretty sure Kane and Bray have teamed up this year and their history wasn't mentioned. Even though it was summer or 2013. Not very long ago.

Fox318

I almost feel like it's pointless to care about story and outcomes from matches anymore. They don't care.

Russo was right. The show is written for 5 year olds to sell the next Scooby doo and Flintstones movie.

Only adult thing is when the women are out there plugging the reality show despite their title belt targeting 4 year old girls wanting to be a pretty pink princess.

Even though they are sponsored by beer, tax accounting, and USA network adult programming.

I almost feel like it's pointless to care about story and outcomes from matches anymore. They don't care.

Russo was right. The show is written for 5 year olds to sell the next Scooby doo and Flintstones movie.

Only adult thing is when the women are out there plugging the reality show despite their title belt targeting 4 year old girls wanting to be a pretty pink princess.

Even though they are sponsored by beer, tax accounting, and USA network adult programming.

Cheer up, buttercup. Yes, we essentially allow WWE into our lives to have something to be mad at, but everyone has that one thing. Take solace in the fact that none of us took up racism.

The arena goes dark, Undertaker appears in the middle of the ring with a mic in hand to a pop from the crowd.

Undertaker cuts a promo about how he's gearing up for Wrestlemania again and he will never be defeated ever again.

Suddenly Bray appears on screen "I heah," he shuffles down to the ring yelling "Lightning bolt!", "Lightning Bolt!" Undertaker curls into fetal position and just as Bray enters the ring the arena goes dark again. When the lights come back on Taker is gone, Bray laughs knowing he has won the battle, but the war is still to come.

DAH

Cut to commercial.

Deadpan Cole recaps.

The go home show, Harper and Rowan have been taken out on prior shows
Taker cuts his promo on bray who is on the tron, the ring is surrounded by Taker's apostles, draped in robes, holding their torches.

a little into the promo;

"Where are your friends now, Wyatt..?"
'Hahhahahhh.. I don't neeeed any freinds dead maaan... I'm part of the dahkness..hhahaha...ahaha.. "

http://youtu.be/_2e7bX2oVlQ?t=23s

CHEYT!! (wyatt camera cut)

Lights go out. Tron is off. all the torches are out. One by one, Takers cloaked druids around the ring start lighting lanterns. Pulling back their hoods and unveiling sheep masks. Taker looking around and assessing the situation, confused; Bray's laughter can be heard echoing around the arena, the apostles start to sing, the whole crowd catches on, the cell phones light up the arena and everyone starts singing "He's got the whoooole world, in his hands" (this is before that shit got played out), Bray is still laughing in the meanwhile. Taker is legitimately shaken in the ring.

"I know the darkness quite well myself, Bray.. Your petty tricks wont work on me.. You may be part of the darkness, but I'm the one who commands it... And this Sunday, you and your family... will rest... in... peace.."

Mic drops. Snarling and eyes roll back.

BAM.

Top Bottom