• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 8 [Univision] Agent Smith goes to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parham

Banned
Nunez and "Make America great again" hat at the democratic debate?

*short circuits*

last-week-tonight-with-john-oliver-make-donald-drumphf-again-hat_500.jpg

Steel

Banned
I think Hills and Bern are both doing fine. Bernie has an interesting way of changing the subject though.

Bernies likes to go back to his talking points whenever possible. But yeah, this isn't that bad for either one but the questions are brutal.

noshten

Not really sure Bernie should be hanging any anti-war hats on Libya. The Libyan people were getting slaughtered by Gaddhafi's forces and they asked for the help of the west. Obama responded, and rightly so. The failure was in thinking they could then just walk away and leave a power vaccuum in the country.

If you going to help remove a dictator - you also need to invest people, money and time into rebuilding a society that only knows dictatorship. Especially in the Middle East it was just additional fuel in the fire

IrishNinja

Not really sure Bernie should be hanging any anti-war hats on Libya. The Libyan people were getting slaughtered by Gaddhafi's forces and they asked for the help of the west. Obama responded, and rightly so. The failure was in thinking they could then just walk away and leave a power vaccuum in the country.

agreed

Steel

Banned
If you going to help remove a dictator - you also need to invest people, money and time into rebuilding a society that only knows dictatorship. Especially in the Middle East it was just additional fuel in the fire

Libya's not part of the Middle East.

Not as classless as wrecking the middle east like Clinton kind of did.
Clinton didn't wreck the middle class. His two terms created 23 million well paying jobs. What wrecked the rust belt was a combination of lot of things but not limited to globalization (markets like China, India and Vietnam rising middle classes) and also partly due to automation. One assembly line robot can do the job of 10 unionized workers.

Clinton didn't wreck the middle class. His two terms created 23 million well paying jobs. What wrecked the rust belt was a combination of lot of things but not limited to globalization (markets like China, India and Vietnam rising middle classes) and also partly due to automation. One assembly line robot can do the job of 10 unionized workers.

You are a big fat mess Rusty.

Ekai

Bernies likes to go back to his talking points whenever possible. But yeah, this isn't that bad for either one but the questions are brutal.

He's literally only brought up his "talking points" or as I assume you mean Wall-Street in direct relation to a question about Wall-Street and to Hillary's lie about his vote on the bailout. Said bailout was about Wall-Street and not the auto industry.

In my home state of West Virginia, the coal industry has been declining steadily since the 60's regardless of president. I think keeping a job industry alive is kind of beyond the influence of Presidential powers.

Adaren

She didn't give a direct answer to the question til he asked it for the 4th time. She danced around it.

I went back to rewatch the children part. This is the high-level transcript.

*opens with clip of Hillary saying she won't deport children*
Jorge: Will you deport children?
Hillary: We want the laws to give children all of the council they need, keep families together, only violent crimincals, Obama's current policy, etc...
Jorge: Will you deport children?
Hillary: "I will not deport children. I will not deport children." - HRC
Jorge: So you won't deport children?
Hillary: "I will not." - HRC
Jorge: So you will stop deportations for children.
Hillary "Yes. I want to see them on a path to citizenship." - HRC
Jorge: "Bernie, will you deport children?"
Bernie: "I don't think the Secretary answered your question..."

Forgive me if you were being sarcastic.

Hillary really sounds like Bernie when she talked about how to help latinos mostly through economics. I don't dislike tackling these issues for minorities in such a way.

GnawtyDog

Banned
That question is why this is a bad debate + that cut off.

Poorly structured, poorly worded questions seeking stupid gotcha questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom