• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Sullichin

Ok, Who's Next is definitely proc'ng on every single kill with this Badger CCL in PVP. Anyone else notice this perk is bugged and much better than described? It's not as fast as Outlaw but with this on every kill + flared magwell coming up I'm happy.

A bit late, but thanks to the guys I was playing with this morning/afternoon. You know who you are. I think Crota died about 6 or so times and I even got to feel like I was a bad ass when my 30 toon was the sole tower sniper amongst 31's and 32's, and I stayed up there with just a sliver of life until the ogers.

Doesn't take much to kill him if everyone knows what to do. I think there were a few rounds where almost everyone was out of rockets, but we did it with primaries and specials.

Saw this on Reddit:

A response to Datto's video on cheesing by the author of "In defense of cheesing."

Several weeks ago, I wrote the post "In defense of cheesing." (http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2qd907/in_defense_of_cheesing/[1] ) I wrote this post mainly to try to give a voice to what some cheesers may be feeling. It is impossible to try and speak for an entire community, so I will reiterate what I meant to convey: “Just because you have cheesed, does not mean you cannot do it legitimately; cheesing is a way to finish a fight quickly and get loot drops; cheesing feels like it "tips the scale of the RNG" in your favor just a little bit.” I believe I clearly stated that I know this is not the intended way to play, and never stated anything to the contrary.

For what its worth, I thought I was contributing to "the greater destiny conversation." I got some amazing messages from people thanking me for giving them a voice. I also got a few from people who made it sound like I was single handedly destroying Destiny for them. The negative comments are what I have found a bit troubling.

In Datto's most recent YouTube video (http://youtu.be/gbr2tIA5Y8k [2] ), he made reference to this post. He stated how he laughed for several minutes when he read it. I think an attitude like this does not support this community, nor his viewer base. I wanted to have a conversation with the community. Hearing a member of the Destiny community make derogatory comments about a Reddit poster and a fan of his content is not what I expected from someone like him. Datto also makes a snide comments what I most people refer to as "the casual player base." I would bet that more people than he thinks uses the anteroom for the Phogoth nightfall. If that is how we want to play, why is that so wrong?

In order for Destiny to stay relevant it needs to have a growing player base. A player base that can talk about issues like cheesing without "laughing" at those cheesers and casual strategies. The community will grow by garnering attention of casual players that may find the games depths alluring. It will not grow if we can’t discuss these issues and effect changes in the game. We may not play the game as well as Datto, but we are having fun. If we feel like our ideas are going to get shot down, then we are not going to share them. Over time, the casuals will look for other games. If we lose interest in Destiny, we will also lose interest in the professionals' streams and videos.

TLW: To most of us, this is just a game we play for fun.

Messiek

Legendary engram turned into Gjallarhorn! :D

1guRIRStl9oVReXGxJS.gif

Anyone who takes this game beyond what it actually is (a game) needs to put it aside. There is no point in discussing the merits of cheesing or not cheesing. Who cares? Stop making it your agenda.

Sheesh.

Anyone who takes this game beyond what it actually is (a game) needs to put it aside. There is no point in discussing the merits of cheesing or not cheesing. Who cares? Stop making it your agenda.

Sheesh.

The concern some of us have is that too much cheating of any system sucks the fun out for everyone.

We don't know exactly where that line is, but we know it exists. Too much cheesing kills the lifespan of any game. Whether or not this specific raid is having an impact is yet to be seen.

Also, any crota checkpoints out there?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I've never seen a legendary engram drop for me in the wild for a long ass time. I only get them from Roc strikes.

The concern some of us have is that too much cheating of any system sucks the fun out for everyone.

We don't know exactly where that line is, but we know it exists. Too much cheesing kills the lifespan of any game. Whether or not this specific raid is having an impact is yet to be seen.

Also, any crota checkpoints out there?
My raid group had a person join us where all he's ever done is cheese the Crota raid and never learned it properly. Part of me want to leave right then and there. I was kinda disgusted.

BokehKing

Banned
Crucible is beyond frustrating, mostly because of bungies damn 'we want to protect from trolls' stance but also because people are too lazy to go into chat

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Do checkpoints carry over from week to week? I know I had them on all my characters last week but then I went and checked today and I was at the beginning for all of them.

Top Bottom