• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Shiv47

Rubber banded my controller and left my ps4 to do its thing; gotten two messages from other teams. One asked to let him get pulse rifle kills. The other simply said "what"

Top of the page! I got nothin'

Kyoufu

Random thought: repurpose the SLR tracks into PvE arenas, turning them into full on combat zones. We mount our equipped weapons to the Sparrows.

This is what happens when I'm tired and still at work.

I'd play that.

They could also do some Rocket League style Sparroccer mode. lol.

So here's my radical idea to make *SOME* loot better and to better the health of the game-

Remove regenerating shields as a mechanic. Replace it with a life bar of sorts that doesn't recharge.

The issue right now is that armor is meaningless. It's less talked about, but it really is. Your tankiness depends on your light level, and that determines everything you do. It's an issue. Doing heroic strikes, you take the same amount of damage whether you're 240 light or 320 light, you die just as fast. There is no feeling of 'wow I have max armor, I can tank more.' Armor is mostly useless because of that. It literally doesn't matter except for the perks that they provide. And even then the perks that are 'Gain more armor while X class' are just as useless because the player doesn't really notice it. There is no discernible difference.

So say you remove rechargeable shields. Suddenly your health is determined by the armor you have. The skills you pick, the one that provides more armor, increases your base health bar. Armor gives you some health points. This creates opportunities for more skills within the perks as well. Suddenly you can play with life leech on weapons, maybe perks on armor that gives you an overcharge on kills, maybe perks that increase health by a flat or percentage. It increases variety in loot, it lets you feel like you've increased in power by having a number associated with your life, and it helps out in variety of loot and boosts existing perks(Suddenly perks that only take affect during low health can suddenly be used properly if you risk being low life).

That's my radical idea of the day.

Frenden

Banned
I might buy a 'Bone and Halo. Or CoD and BF4 for PS4. Do we have any active DGAFers in any of those titles? It might persuade me to pick 'tween the options.

Spring update will be upgraded VoG and/or Scrota, plus adding back the missing strikes. Don't expect anything more than that from it.

Fall expansion details at e3 I hope.

Oh you will, but it won't be on my Warlock. It'll probably be my Hunter. Tether for days.

Who are you and what have you done with Vaal?

Shiv47

Man, the drops in CD are baaaaad. In a little over three hours of suiciding, I've gotten the shaders, and one each of Revelator (crap roll), Split Shifter Pro (whatever) and an Eyasluna (crap roll).

WipedOut

Reduced drop rate of ghost in nightfall my ass, two out three people get vanguard ghost... Yay! Maybe they reduced Crimson by mistake...

SnakeEyes

Banned
Vaal confirms what we all know...

#WarlockMasterRace
dfLd6HF.gif

I might buy a 'Bone and Halo. Or CoD and BF4 for PS4. Do we have any active DGAFers in any of those titles? It might persuade me to pick 'tween the options.
BF4 is one of the best shooters on the market right now, I put 500+ hours into it and loved it. Plus the games been out for I think two years and it's still getting support and new content that is free like maps and guns. It also has over 100 guns and 1000's of combinations of attachments to choose from. It takes time getting used to but once you do, it's a fantastic game.

Mindlog

I wasn't comparing the number of guns between both of those titles. The point was that ME1 -> ME2 resulted in regression just like Year 1 -> Year 2.
The regression is nothing alike.
If Year 2 Destiny had revamped the powers and made the class differentiation more interesting then we would have a stew going.

Frenden

Banned
Maybe I'll grab both CoD and BF4 and save Halo as an emergency switch to be thrown only if things get dire multiplayer wise.

Thanks, all!

Frenden

Banned
Well, I did it. I started with Battlefield 4. I think Crimson Doubles broke me. The drop rate was bad enough to make me question the time I spend with this game.

Top Bottom