• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Auctopus

Just got a positive message after a game of control, think that's the first time that's happened in any shooter.

Edit: Also got Triple Play trophy!

WeTeHa

Thanks guys fur the raid stuff today. The 2 guys on my friendslist got their first oryx HM kill.

I finally got a mida to drop.. now I'm only missing the last word.

HNNGG

CbG3O4qW8AQjlQf

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/45klj7/vault_of_glass_ghost_shell_concepts/

ocean

Banned
Yah know I'm kinda slightly hyped for Destiny 2. I hope they leave last gen totally behind.
The cycle begins

Tbh I would lose my shit over an Alpha/beta like last time. Just imagine, set in a fully new explorable area on Earth and then a limited time sneak peek (like the one we got of the Moon for 4 hours) of icy Europa

....this franchise has too much potential. It will always over hype and sadly always disappoint because of it :p

Lnkn52

I'm just listening to the Planet Destiny podcast with Leif and he said, its "unfortunate" Ice Breaker and sidearms slipped through there intended changes :d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6hwSm4WyAM&list=PL-ncH812VtHEuig93Hjh_rLCTWqUC1-Ps&index=1
Listened to this a bit and they are very a adement on their changes to the crucible.

The community wants custom games but they feel like it's not necessary, even for the sweaty community. As well with SBMM. They don't want casual pvp players games to be sweaty.

Listened to this a bit and they are very a adement on their changes to the crucible.

The community wants custom games but they feel like it's not necessary, even for the sweaty community. As well with SBMM. They don't want casual pvp players games to be sweaty.
How the fuck aren't custom game not necessary????

It's fucking so basic for MP games....at this point it just sounds like they don't want to make them, cause they can't be bothered to.

The cycle begins

Tbh I would lose my shit over an Alpha/beta like last time. Just imagine, set in a fully new explorable area on Earth and then a limited time sneak peek (like the one we got of the Moon for 4 hours) of icy Europa

....this franchise has too much potential. It will always over hype and sadly always disappoint because of it :p
Give me Europa and I'll be satisfied for a couple months.

I'm just listening to the Planet Destiny podcast with Leif and he said, its "unfortunate" Ice Breaker and sidearms slipped through there intended changes :d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6hwSm4WyAM&list=PL-ncH812VtHEuig93Hjh_rLCTWqUC1-Ps&index=1
I truly don't fathom how something like that "slips through" the initial design/idea phase. Like most people here, literally the first thing I said to a friend seconds after he told me Bungie was removing special ammo was "Guess it will be all icebreaker, all the time."

How do they understand their own game so poorly?

How the fuck aren't custom game not necessary????

It's fucking so basic for MP games....at this point it just sounds like they don't want to make them, cause they can't be bothered to.

I've speculated before, but if they allowed custom games it would make alot of their events 'moot' if people could just make custom game modes that could get popular. like...lets say custom game could give you infinite sword ammo, then if they ever wanted to do a sword event it'd be like 'Wow Bungie can't believe you're making this custom game into your event'.

It makes sense that way >_> and Destiny being one of their first shooter games to not have custom games makes me think that's the reason.

Because they live in their own little twisted world that is detached from reality.

I think they rely too much on data and forget that the 1% of the community drives so much of competitive play.

The idea that the people who play the game didn't even think of Icebreaker and sidrarms in absurd.

Here's my experience with three flawless runs this weekend:

Everyone either has Icebreaker or sidearms the first match. Teams that don't loose.

I think they rely too much on data and forget that the 1% of the community drives so much of competitive play.

The idea that the people who play the game didn't even think of Icebreaker and sidrarms in absurd.

Here's my experience with three flawless runs this weekend:

Everyone either has Icebreaker or sidearms the first match. Teams that don't loose.

Trials when my fellow ape?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hi, I'm looking for someone who wants to do 7 Crimson Doubles matches with me. I like long walks on the Ishtar Coast and headshots really get me going.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Drizzay time to play some CD on my behalf, get me the chocolate or strawberry flavored ghost!

Probably gonna try to take ocean to mercury. He wanted to run earlier with us. Might be hard since he's saying he's so average but ape and i can try.
That's cool, if anyone's doing trials I'll be around

Edit: I remember my first y2 flawless was with ocean and fali on bannerfall and it was a lot of fun, especially since it was meant as a no expectations run but ended up getting to mercury

I've speculated before, but if they allowed custom games it would make alot of their events 'moot' if people could just make custom game modes that could get popular. like...lets say custom game could give you infinite sword ammo, then if they ever wanted to do a sword event it'd be like 'Wow Bungie can't believe you're making this custom game into your event'.

It makes sense that way >_> and Destiny being one of their first shooter games to not have custom games makes me think that's the reason.
They don't even need to get that in-depth with custom options yah know. Just give us private lobbies for friends. Choose a map. That would be fine for me.

FyreWulff

Wat

No seriously, wat

That's not exactly what was said in that podcast. The designer explains in great detail why Destiny doesn't have private matches right now. It's partly demand, and partly Bungie-side cost of getting such a feature working and being good.

I don't want private games to watch streamers circlejerk about how good they are, which is what the podcasters keep hammering on. I want full gametype scripting and map editing to go with gametypes for full experiences. If Destiny is going to have customs, it should do it very well, and not be a step back from Reach.

Being able to choose just a map would be less features than Halo 1.

Top Bottom