• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
100 doubles wins! I'd like to thank everyone who played with me, through bad times and good times. Neo for rushing in and dying 999999999999999 times or people standing back and watching me die 999999999999999999 times.

Titans are apparently attracted to Jigga. Always trying to get close to him.

ich00

I think I've been teabagged more this week playing Crimson doubles than in a year and a half playing other PvP modes, trials included. I guess people don't realize their wins don't mean anything?

Anyone for trials just to get bounties done? I only played 3 matches, so if you are after lighthouse, im not your man. If you are looking just to get bounties done, I'm game. PSN same as GAF

Reposting for new page

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Stop it game. I can't take anymore.

N5FM4CE.png

Auctopus

So, I've been hanging around LL 292 for the last couple weeks. Is the only way to go higher now through Raiding and if so, how would I start going about that with you guys?

I know there's the newbie raid but that seems to hardely ever happen for GMT timezone. I'm a very competent player so I'd only need a bit of guidance through my first run.

So, I've been hanging around LL 292 for the last couple weeks. Is the only way to go higher now through Raiding and if so, how would I start going about that with you guys?

I know there's the newbie raid but that seems to hardely ever happen for GMT timezone.

The Raid, Trials of Osiris or Iron Banner.

Folks do the Normal raid every now and then here, so just keep an eye out. GMT does it make it tough. You might be better off doing other events to get to 300+ light and find a Hard Mode raid group. You don't need to be 310+ until you get to HM Oryx.

Iron Banner is next week. Trials is every weekend and if you play 10 games you'll get a piece of gear that's LL300+.

The biggest thing you can do right now is play 7 matches of Crimson Doubles today so you can receive a LL320 ghost at the end of the Crimson Days event.

maomaoIYP

I know there's the newbie raid but that seems to hardely ever happen for GMT timezone. I'm a very competent player so I'd only need a bit of guidance through my first run.

What's your timezone?

SpecX

Do the exotic sword quest as that will give you a 310 heavy which will get you closer to 300 LL along with the upcoming 320 ghost from CD. If you manage to gather people to raid today, I might be able to join and help.

Auctopus

Folks do the Normal raid every now and then here, so just keep an eye out. GMT does it make it tough. You might be better off doing other events to get to 300+ light and find a Hard Mode raid group. You don't need to be 310+ until you get to HM Oryx.

Iron Banner is next week. Trials is every weekend and if you play 10 games you'll get a piece of gear that's LL300+.

The biggest thing you can do right now is play 7 matches of Crimson Doubles today so you can receive a LL320 ghost at the end of the Crimson Days event.

Ok, I'll get on that. Thanks.

What's your timezone?

UK. Timezone isn't actually an issue for the most part. I'm around a lot of the time GAF is looking for a group. I just don't wanna join in when I'm not 100% what I'm doing first time round.

Theres a guaranteed 320 ghost if you play 7 matches?

UK. Timezone isn't actually an issue for the most part. I'm around a lot of the time GAF is looking for a group. I just don't wanna join in when I'm not 100% what I'm doing first time round.

I wouldn't sweat that too much with GAF. Just be honest with your experience level. We've been playing King's Fall for months, so it's like second nature for us die hards still raiding.

Things you can do to get ready.
  • Have a High Light Primary you're comfortable with. Dead Orbit's Hung Jury is a great gun, but you can use anything. Red Death is a good exotic choice if you want to be a bit more confident.
  • Have a High Impact Sniper Rifle. One of the quests gives a 1000 Yard Stare, but you can also buy one of the the Vanguard vendor.
  • Don't Die. First Rule of raiding. The DPS of a dead raid member is 0. It's better if you crouch down or hide for a moment and not die then over-commit.
  • Level up your Defender or your Nightstalker. Those two classes are the stars of King's Fall. If you're a warlock, Sunsinger.

Ji66a-Man

Theres a guaranteed 320 ghost if you play 7 matches?

Welcome to 3 days ago.

Check it out:

After the event is over, we'll deliver Ghosts to the Postmaster
Anyone who has competed in seven matches will receive one
You had to actually compete though - no suicide pacts!
Your Ghost will be Chocolate or Crimson - the odds are even
320 Light will be guaranteed - the odds are totally in your favor
Packages will be addressed by account, not character
Qualifying players will receive their Ghost by February 23rd

Sent you a FR last week when you were looking for help with the Black Spindle mission, but never got a response back. To up your LL right now, as suggested by others - raid, trials bounties, iron banner packages, etc are sure shot ways. Raid being the fastest/easiest path to 300+.

Till then you can do Court of oryx and heroic strikes and get lucky with engrams than can push you a few LL up. Crimson doubles 7 matches is something you should definitely do before the weekly reset (you have less than 18 hours) for the guaranteed 320 ghost.

Also, save any exotic engrams that you may have till you're 300+ for a chance at getting 310 exotics.

Auctopus

I wouldn't sweat that too much with GAF. Just be honest with your experience level. We've been playing King's Fall for months, so it's like second nature for us die hards still raiding.

Things you can do to get ready.
  • Have a High Light Primary you're comfortable with. Dead Orbit's Hung Jury is a great gun, but you can use anything. Red Death is a good exotic choice if you want to be a bit more confident.
  • Have a High Impact Sniper Rifle. One of the quests gives a 1000 Yard Stare, but you can also buy one of the the Vanguard vendor.
  • Don't Die. First Rule of raiding. The DPS of a dead raid member is 0. It's better if you crouch down or hide for a moment and not die then over-commit.
  • Level up your Defender or your Nightstalker. Those two classes are the stars of King's Fall. If you're a warlock, Sunsinger.

Okay, great thanks for the tips.

- I use Hung Jury and Suros Auto.
- I have Black Spindle if that's enough.
- Yeah, this is what I'm worried of but I'll just play defensively the first few times.
- Ah, I'll do that. I only have Voidcaller and Stormbringer maxed out.

Sent you a FR last week when you were looking for help with the Black Spindle mission, but never got a response back. To up your LL right now, as suggested by others - raid, trials bounties, iron banner packages, etc are sure shot ways. Raid being the fastest/easiest path to 300+.

Till then you can do Court of oryx and heroic strikes and get lucky with engrams than can push you a few LL up. Crimson doubles 7 matches is something you should definitely do before the weekly reset (you have less than 18 hours) for the guaranteed 320 ghost.

Also, save any exotic engrams that you may have till you're 300+ for a chance at getting 310 exotics.

Yeah, i saw it buddy, sorry. I've got about a dozen FR to go through for Destiny/Driveclub. I'll add you up tomorrow.

WeTeHa

After the weekly reset I'd be happy to run through a normal mode raid with you if we get a group going. The only thing you actually need to bring is a decent sniper rifle. A gaffer got me through my first king's fall as well (it actually also was a gaffer for my first time with VoG and CE), so I'm happy to help a new guy as well :)

Mindwipe

I'm generally down for raiding with UK peeps, but I need to do some CD games tonight to make sure I get the ghost.

Deku Tree

I wonder how they judge if it's suicide or not. Sometimes we'd suicide and then randomly just get sweaty to see if we could come back from 0-3, etc.

I would say if you had kills it would prove you actually competed no?

Hard to know for sure what is Bungie's exact standard. But I would say that if you play seven matches where you get at least one kill and actually try every round without suiciding then your probably safe.

Top Bottom