• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WeTeHa

Hard to know for sure what is Bungie's exact standard. But I would say that if you play seven matches where you get at least one kill and actually try every round without suiciding then your probably safe.

Eh, I'm sure there will still be people that get screwed over, even if they do more than 7 actual matches.

I never got my free rising light emblem for completing an activity from the director even though I was playing several hours per day completing weeklies, dailies and other stuff during that time. I don't really care about emblems, so it didn't matter to me. A 320 ghost is a different story though.

Just played a team that resorted to year one weapons as soon as they lost the first round. The joy! If me and my doubles partner weren't dirty burning warlocks I would have been annoyed.

So, I've been hanging around LL 292 for the last couple weeks. Is the only way to go higher now through Raiding and if so, how would I start going about that with you guys?

I know there's the newbie raid but that seems to hardely ever happen for GMT timezone. I'm a very competent player so I'd only need a bit of guidance through my first run.

In terms of non-raid PvE content:
310 Exotic Sword through the sword quests.
290-310 drops from Nightfall.

Both can be soloed, although Nightfall is easier if you can get a team or LFG.

In terms of PvP content,
Up to 320 drops from Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner.
You can also get a 320 guaranteed ghost from doing 7 legit games of Crimson Double.

Iron Banner is the only content where you can solo it through matchmaking.

You should let us know what GMT hour you're looking to play.

SpecX

I stopped playing PvP for awhile other than IB, but have shotguns made a comeback? I'm practicing in Clash and it's fucking shotgun nerf all over this place.

I wish Reflection Sum was viable. It's the gun I got when I earned my first flawless. I used to love Pulse Rifles. It's the same archetype as Nirwin's, but Nirwin's has that god roll of Perfect Balance, 3rd Eye & Outlaw.

I wish it was still Messenger archetype, and that was still viable. I miss two-bursting fools.

Also, watching streams of people with Adept Doctrines, the 1st Person view of those guns looks so hot. Need to go back to Mercury and hope for one to replace my normal CB one.

Trakan

Eh, I'm sure there will still be people that get screwed over, even if they do more than 7 actual matches.

I never got my free rising light emblem for completing an activity from the director even though I was playing several hours per day completing weeklies, dailies and other stuff during that time. I don't really care about emblems, so it didn't matter to me. A 320 ghost is a different story though.

That's funny, I like the emblem way more than a 320 ghost.

Matt Frost

I finally reached the lighthouse, so happy right now, finally. Great team and I did my part as well. Excellent. Now, little left to do...

Deku Tree

So people like me and you, who rubber banded many matches when that was the only viable way to get a 320 ghost may get screwed out of Bungie's guaranteed 320 ghost even though we both played many more than 7 competitive matches (at least I know I did) ?

I hope not, but if so then Oh well, I have one 320 ghost and I destroy all content currently in the game, and sometime soon in the next few months 320 ghosts are gonna be way below max light level.

Lee

WZOUsa.gif

I was playing at 301 LL

WeTeHa

So people like me and you, who rubber banded many matches when that was the only viable way to get a 320 ghost may get screwed out of Bungie's guaranteed 320 ghost even though we both played many more than 7 competitive matches (at least I know I did) ?

I hope not, but if so then Oh well, I have one 320 ghost and I destroy all content currently in the game, and sometime soon in the next few months 320 ghosts are gonna be way below max light level.

No no, I didn't want to say that if you suicided some matches you won't get the ghost (I have no idea if that is the case, but I'm hoping/guessing it's not), I'm just saying that due to whatever reason, sometimes people will not get the rewards even though they are qualified to get them (like it happened with me and the emblem).

I also played a lot more than 7 matches normally, I'm just not that confident that Bungies way of giving out the rewards will register every qualified user.

Edit: There should always be an ingame way to check if you have completed all the necessary tasks to get something. Then you can just sit back and wait for the rewards. Right now, there is no way to know for sure if you get it until it's too late.

Nicodemic

You probably did but did you check the emblem kiosk? It wasn't sent through the postmaster for some reason.

Kyoufu

Freelance 6v6 would be my favourite playlist if it didn't contain Rift.

Rift is the single biggest piece of dung in this game.

WeTeHa

You probably did but did you check the emblem kiosk? It wasn't sent through the postmaster for some reason.

Yeah, checked it with all 3 characters, also talked to the NPC, no emblem. But like I said, I don't really care about emblems, so it's not a big deal. It just made me a little wary in regards to the way bungie handles stuff like this. Or maybe I'm overly paranoid :p

It's still great bungie is listening and giving out a guaranteed 320 ghost for everyone that participates. I like guaranteed loot, especially for pvp stuff. I just wish they added a small quest or bounty or some kind of way to check if you will get your loot. Just make it a 2 step quest and if you completed step 1 it jumps to step 2 and says "wait till armsday" or whatever, and then you can pick up your loot. Easy to implement and a great way to give feedback to the player if what he's doing is actually the right way to get something.

The good Red Dot, Counterbalance, Smallbore, Feeding Frenzy

CbRbcJgWIAA4MTK.jpg

So many engrams too. You're gonna give me the GoM itch now. I kept goofing up the whole thing too because I forgot to change out of my PvP setup on Nightstalke. Whoops

Edit: FUUUUUU postmaster...lost 5 300+ weapons I was saving for infusion material because of said drops. Agh dammit!!!

I wonder how they judge if it's suicide or not. Sometimes we'd suicide and then randomly just get sweaty to see if we could come back from 0-3, etc.

I would say if you had kills it would prove you actually competed no?
I was wondering what whether a match in which ones opponents suicided would "count" as a legit match.
We tried to get to them before they could suicide so we could at least get some damage in, but the map prevented it.

So many engrams too. You're gonna give me the GoM itch now. I kept goofing up the whole thing too because I forgot to change out of my PvP setup on Nightstalke. Whoops

Edit: FUUUUUU postmaster...lost 5 300+ weapons I was saving for infusion material because of said drops. Agh dammit!!!

Stop farming.

Matt Frost

It is beautiful, but for something that beautiful, you need to screenshot that so you can have it in high res!

First time?

Yes, first time, been trying for weeks to reach it. And finally today, in the least expected map for me (I am bad in this one, I am more of a shotgun guy).

Got a Sea of Reflexes with "if the third shot misses it fires a fourth one"... do you think is better than Suros PDX-41 with "body shots enhances accuracy shots for some seconds" ??

Need to test it, reached the Lighthouse in time to go to work

And yes, I recorded that with my cellphone, I actually recorded the whole thing lol

The good Red Dot, Counterbalance, Smallbore, Feeding Frenzy

CbRbcJgWIAA4MTK.jpg

After three hours farming it (with the trick of course) I got one with the same perks as the Suros Regime. Worth upgrading to better attack?

zethren

Banned
Finally getting internet installed in my new apartment, so I'm so stoked to be able to play Destiny again tomorrow. I took a bit of a break after playing TTK pve and a bunch of crucible. But I'm itching to get back in now.

Does Crkmson Doubles end on the 23rd?

SpecX

Finally getting internet installed in my new apartment, so I'm so stoked to be able to play Destiny again tomorrow. I took a bit of a break after playing TTK pve and a bunch of crucible. But I'm itching to get back in now.

Does Crkmson Doubles end on the 23rd?
I think it ends today with the reward dropping on the 23rd.

I was wondering what whether a match in which ones opponents suicided would "count" as a legit match.
We tried to get to them before they could suicide so we could at least get some damage in, but the map prevented it.

I real would like to believe that, as long as some kind of effort was put forth, it would count. At least for the team that didn't suicide. Of course there's always the chance of someone getting an enemy team together just for the sake of colluding with them for quick match wins, but the odds of that working in the current matchmaking setting seem pretty low.

...But, as always, who knows with this game. Best bet if you're unsure if a match counted is probably to do another, just in case.

you guys were grasp farming? AHH DANG

When I get back that would be fun, Got to run errands and grab offspring-GAF

I had a random dream last night that us 3 went to Mercury hahaha

SpecX

What in God's name is going on today in Skirmish? I just went 2 back to back games with 5 k/d using last word and a sniper. I'm normally bad at PvP, but I decided to buckle down today and I'm actually pulling off some victories.

NeOak

100 doubles wins! I'd like to thank everyone who played with me, through bad times and good times. Neo for rushing in and dying 999999999999999 times or people standing back and watching me die 999999999999999999 times.

Titans are apparently attracted to Jigga. Always trying to get close to him.
lol

Top Bottom