• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

SpecX

What in the world, why didn't you guys tell me sidearms were so good in PvP? I've been tearing up some 1v1 combat using the sidearm I normally would lose using any other weapon

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
First two days of crimson were crap. Third, fourth and fifth were good. Six was crap. Last day is good thus far. Some of my most fun matches were with Jigga this morning. He knew how to complement my playstyle, opening doors for me while I get into sniping position and then SHAZAM@.

I'm up for trials and crimson. The last day we have to deal with this. I'm already looking forward to IB.

After trying out the special ammo change in CD and Trials, I can conclude it is a huge step in the wrong direction. Even if you eliminated the sidearm and Icebreaker workarounds, all it does is slow the game down considerably. This idea that teams who find themselves with a special ammo shortage will say 'fuck it' and engage with primaries never maps to reality, rather, teams end up turtling or rotating for several rounds.

If teams are going to play that way, which they should since special is so important in the current landscape, it'd be better to remove the obstacles preventing actual firefights rather than building artificial nuisances to draw out the downtime. I've never seen so many fucking zones to capture in a weekend of Trials.

Okay so. I am getting on my Xbox One character, after I get it to level 40 who wants to run some 7 CD matches so I can get my guaranteed 320 ghost?

SpecX

It's been a long time since I've played...before TTK. How easy is it to catch back up to raid level?
Not that hard. You will burn through levels till 280-290 which then it takes forever. You'll want to run nightfall or normal KF Raid to get you to 300 to be ready for hard mode. With IB starting, it will be good to run as you get a 310 artifact at rank 3 and 310 ghost at rank 5 along with another random item.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not that hard. You will burn through levels till 280-290 which then it takes forever. You'll want to run nightfall or normal KF Raid to get you to 300 to be ready for hard mode. With IB starting, it will be good to run as you get a 310 artifact at rank 3 and 310 ghost at rank 5 along with another random item.

Cool - thanks.

I'm assuming Nightfall is still premade groups?

rezn0r

Anyone for 7 crimson doubles matches? Just want to get it done for the ghost, haven't had the chance to play it this week.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Need two more Crimson Double matches. Anyone want to jump on?

Going to be on another 20-30 mins probably, if either of you or anyone else needs a partner invite reznuh (PSN). Don't need anything done, just hoping for shader drops, so I'm fine with just rambo'ing in or whatever. Or trying.

So who was interested in still doing a Golgi CM or two? Is Rasen ready now or not yet? We could start now if we get enough people.

edit: actually we're gonna start in ~30 minutes. 3 spots open now, although people that posted earlier like Spec and Rasen should have dibs if they can go then.

Oh crap. I'm so sorry Drizz. I didn't even see your post somehow. Please don't think I was shrugging you off!

haha not at all buddy! No need to apologize, I pulled some edited post trickery on you :p

Honestly it was for the best; I needed to finish cleaning my basement before this Golgi CM anyway. I'll finish the last 2-3 games for Grave's chocolate ghost sometime tonight, no worries at all!

Sh0k

So who was interested in still doing a Golgi CM or two? Is Rasen ready now or not yet? We could start now if we get enough people.

haha not at all buddy! No need to apologize, I pulled some edited post trickery on you :p

Honestly it was for the best; I needed to finish cleaning my basement before this Golgi CM anyway. I'll finish the last 2-3 games for Grave's chocolate ghost sometime tonight, no worries at all!

I posted on the last page if anyone was interested in a late challenge, I have the hard mode chekpoint. I'm down for a couple of challenges with my alts. PSN Shokleeto

I posted on the last page if anyone was interested in a late challenge, I have the hard mode chekpoint. I'm down for a couple of challenges with my alts. PSN Shokleeto

Sounds good. I just edited my post after talking to the other guys, we were gonna start in 30 min or so. If that still works for you we can definitely get you in there.

milkham

edit: actually we're gonna start in ~30 minutes. 3 spots open now, although people that posted earlier like Spec and Rasen should have dibs if they can go then.

i can join if there's still room

NastyBook

I'm down. PSN: GibbShift

Is it possible to do the HM challange on a 306 character? done it on NM multiple times.

Going to be on another 20-30 mins probably, if either of you or anyone else needs a partner invite reznuh (PSN). Don't need anything done, just hoping for shader drops, so I'm fine with just rambo'ing in or whatever. Or trying.

Anyone for 7 crimson doubles matches? Just want to get it done for the ghost, haven't had the chance to play it this week.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

If you guys still need a doubles partner I'm still available.

Krafty just lost a round while standing in the cap zone and just seeing two kids running by him and staying on the cap zone and capping it and taking no damage. Lagswitch is still a thing.

Sure, send me a message when you guys are ready

i can join if there's still room

I'm down. PSN: GibbShift

Okie doke, in order of responses:

Golgi CM, starting in ~20 min:

1.) Dr Grave
2.) Colonel
3.) Justin
4.) Sh0k
5.) Milkham
6.) GibbShift

Is it possible to do the HM challange on a 306 character? done it on NM multiple times.

You can totally do it at 306 but I think we've filled up for now. If anybody drops or we do another run with an opening then we can definitely get you in there. As long as you understand the fight from having done it on NM then it's not a problem at all. I was actually ~285 Light the first time I did HM Golgi CM on Grave's account.

I'll be on in about 15, if that's ok?

Sh0k

1.) Dr Grave
2.) Colonel
3.) Justin
4.) Sh0k
5.) Milkham
6.) GibbShift

You can totally do it at 306 but I think we've filled up for now. If anybody drops or we do another run with an opening then we can definitely get you in there. As long as you understand the fight from having done it on NM then it's not a problem at all. I was actually ~285 Light the first time I did HM Golgi CM on Grave's account.

I don't have you in my friends list, let me know your PSN or send me a friend's request when you guys are ready to start. PSN Shokleeto

Ghazi

Late, but I (poorly) stitched my PlayStation and Xbox playtime together since I switched to PS a bit before TTK. I don't think I've gotten more time out of a game before.

GneRTmD.png

SpecX

1.) Dr Grave
2.) Colonel
3.) Justin
4.) Sh0k
5.) Milkham
6.) GibbShift

;_; didn't make the team coach.

Top Bottom