• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

CbXA-BlVAAIlWw_.jpg

Did I beat the game?
You beat the game when you get all three to 320 and get all exotic class armors kappa

Matt Frost

What's a good weapon loadout to practice with for trials, especially if being carried? I'm ok with TLW although I get owned against pros using that gun. I love using my Nirwens PR and can take down snipers who aren't super accurate with the first shot. I've tried Scouts, but can't stand the kick on Mida even though it's not that bad and I have the IB Scout with full stability, but the rate of fire on that thing gets me killed if I engage in close combat. In those cases, I pull out my sidearm which has been great to me the last few days.

Looking for some pointers from PvP Pro DGAF so I can be ready.

TLW, I was given some advice that vastly improved my TLW skill a lot

On the weapon, after pressing triangle put these perks:

First row, last one (the one that reduces range but improved impact)
Second row only one option
Third row, again, the last one, improved stability
And last one only one row again

And never aim, always hip fire... try it on the regular Crucible to improve your aim. Is the best thing for close combat. Hope it does to you what it did to me...

And never aim, always hip fire... try it on the regular Crucible to improve your aim. Is the best thing for close combat. Hope it does to you what it did to me...

You mean Aggressive ballistics instead of soft and Perfect Balance. A few people are touting that but you lose the ability to ADS to finish someone off from distance

phen0m24

If you see me in crucible I am ADS'ing. Always. Always always. (Except for throwing knives)

Is that my problem? Doesn't matter what gun. I always ADS.

I'm happy to help. It's tough, but doable.

Next time I go flawless then. ;)

I'm trying to figure out what I want my next goal to be, now that I've gone Flawless. I think I might settle for doing one card a week and just doing the best I can. And if I get Flawless, hunt for Scarabs til my card gets punched. I don't really need any more loot, other than an Adept version of my CB Doctrine, only because it looks so cool. Mostly, I'd be playing for teamwork and self-improvement.

Why do you play so much, Ape? What's your drive?

You mean Aggressive ballistics instead of soft and Perfect Balance. A few people are touting that but you lose the ability to ADS to finish someone off from distance

Tried aggressive but switched back. Yes the amount of bullets required to kill is reduced but the range reduction just didn't fit right and the rate of fire that TLW has already didn't make the change that much different.

Terrible stats, keep going

The general crucible connections are so bad it's beyond a joke now. On the otherhand the freelance 3v3 wasn't to bad from the few games I had but, is utterly ruined because they nerfed the wrong ammo
My skirmish partners died just before first heavy spawned, I couldn't get there in time so enemy got both heavy. Guess how the rest of the match went?

radiohead1

Neo Member
Next time I go flawless then. ;)

I'm trying to figure out what I want my next goal to be, now that I've gone Flawless. I think I might settle for doing one card a week and just doing the best I can. And if I get Flawless, hunt for Scarabs til my card gets punched. I don't really need any more loot, other than an Adept version of my CB Doctrine, only because it looks so cool. Mostly, I'd be playing for teamwork and self-improvement.

Why do you play so much, Ape? What's your drive?

John, your goal now can be to usher in the next wave of Trials badasses. It's one thing to go flawless, but a whole other thing to mentor a scrub and then they go flawless! You know, teach a man to fish and all that.

SpecX

Thanks for the tip on the setup. I'm using this except the first row I'm using Soft ballistics. I learned about not ADS with this gun and have adjusted to hip fire. I think I need to work more on surroundings and escape as I find myself at times in a panic trying to move and running into a wall or corner. Since it has full auto, what's the best shooting approach, manage the aim while firing in auto or manage both the aim and shooting with the manual shots?

Tried aggressive but switched back. Yes the amount of bullets required to kill is reduced but the range reduction just didn't fit right and the rate of fire that TLW has already didn't make the change that much different.

Interesting, I'll try both to see what feels better.

So have any of you guys noticed the hidden sprint cooldown is no longer a thing?

It feels like I can start sprinting again the moment I stop. Since the last patch.

Top Bottom