• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Next time I go flawless then. ;)

I'm trying to figure out what I want my next goal to be, now that I've gone Flawless. I think I might settle for doing one card a week and just doing the best I can. And if I get Flawless, hunt for Scarabs til my card gets punched. I don't really need any more loot, other than an Adept version of my CB Doctrine, only because it looks so cool. Mostly, I'd be playing for teamwork and self-improvement.

Why do you play so much, Ape? What's your drive?

Oh man, that's a good question...I'm not sure I have time to explain. Terrible joke aside, I enjoy the folks I play with and Trials is much more fun now that I am a competent player. But really, it's because of all the cool people I get to hang out with when I play this game.

Top of Page Edit:

Well that's one way to start a new page...

WeTeHa

I'll be hanging out at oryx for a couple more minutes while I eat, If anyone needs more cp just join.

Edit: haha jafku is also ging out oryx cp. checkpoints galore!

I'll be hanging out at oryx for a couple more minutes while I eat, If anyone needs more cp just join.

Edit: haha jafku is also ging out oryx cp. checkpoints galore!

You're both doing the LORD's work.

(LT got the checkpoint for our group, but thanks for offering earlier.)

Oh man, that's a good question...I'm not sure I have time to explain. Terrible joke aside, I enjoy the folks I play with and Trials is much more fun now that I am a competent player. But really, it's because of all the cool people I get to hang out with when I play this game.

Top of Page Edit:

Well that's one way to start a new page...

Same. Trials is basically the only thing I enjoy now. I'm not strong enough to carry 2 people but with 2 decent people or 1 strong person I've been able to take 2 people to their first ever Flawless this past weekend and that felt great. All the time I've played Trials with literally ANYBODY has finally paid dividends now.

I have a feeling this weekend will be super sweaty with people wanting God Roll Doctrines haha. Hopefully it's a good map like Exodus Blue.

Fuck what I said about not playing for loot anymore.

I want that Trials ship.

destiny_20150930094448.jpg

Give-It-To-Me-gif.gif

Same. Trials is basically the only thing I enjoy now. I'm not strong enough to carry 2 people but with 2 decent people or 1 strong person I've been able to take 2 people to their first ever Flawless this past weekend and that felt great. All the time I've played Trials with literally ANYBODY has finally paid dividends now.

I have a feeling this weekend will be super sweaty with people wanting God Roll Doctrines haha. Hopefully it's a good map like Exodus Blue.

Wait why do i have the opposite idea? This last weekend was one of the sweatiest trials ever and i was thinking next week would be easier because there would be a rush of casuals for the doctrine. The pros always play every weekend.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Oh jeez. Reddit whining about Skip 'nades now. WAH THEY TRACK ME.

On an unrelated note, I'm LTTP on this one, but here's mine:

pdRNxG7.png

LOL

Wait why do i have the opposite idea? This last weekend was one of the sweatiest trials ever and i was thinking next week would be easier because there would be a rush of casuals for the doctrine. The pros always play every weekend.

Igor, you go flawless often, I bet. What's the drop rate on that Flawless ship? It's bad, isn't it?

Frenden

Banned
I think it's on the list of bugged or unreleased rewards along with the crucible ships and shaders, the vanguard shaders, and the new cryptarch shaders. Drop rates are either cosmically low or nonexistant.

I was thinking that as well but I think there are a lot of good and great PvP players who also wants the great Doc roll, especially since it hasn't been around since December 18th. I think moreso than the casuals. But we'll see!

There are some people who really want the Doctine yet they barely play PvP and that doesn't make sense to me. I guess to just have the hype or collection purposes.

WipedOut

I think it's on the list of bugged or unreleased rewards along with the crucible ships and shaders, the vanguard shaders, and the new cryptarch shaders. Drop rates are either cosmically low or nonexistant.

They are all going to be a part of the content update this spring, extra little nuggets for us to chase. Bookmark it.

As far as I know, only the Y1 ship drops. I don't think the Y2 ship is in the loot tablet yet.

Both were coded as Year 1, but the Sun Current was supposed to be the Flawless reward.

I'd be cool with Draught of Nectar, which is the plain yellow one. I figured that the Lighthouse chest would be my best way of getting it, since regular drops are so broken. Has anyone seen it drop there?

It feels... how to say... ostentatious? disingenous? to wear the Flawless emblem. But the Trials ship would be a personal reminder of my Trials achievements and love. One that doesn't come across as bravado or taunting like the emblem can.

LTWood12

Both were coded as Year 1, but the Sun Current was supposed to be the Flawless reward.

I'd be cool with Draught of Nectar, which is the plain yellow one. I figured that the Lighthouse chest would be my best way of getting it, since regular drops are so broken. Has anyone seen it drop there?

It feels... how to say... ostentatious? disingenous? to wear the Flawless emblem. But the Trials ship would be a personal reminder of my Trials achievements and love. One that doesn't come across as bravado or taunting like the emblem can.

I thought you had a Draught of Nectar?

Based on every Year 1 and Year 2 Trials maps that has happened so far, Trials this weekend will most likely be one of the following:

The Cauldron
Thieves' Den
Black Shield
Cathedral, Vertigo, Dungeons, Crossroads? (doubt it... hopefully never ever ever)
Randomized

Honestly I hope it's The Cauldron or Randomized. Otherwise if they do a rotation and they skip the above options, it'll be Bannerfall if they restart.

LTWood12

Nope. I lust for it, LT. Like you do with your Bullet Hoes.

Sorry man. Yeah I always have it equipped on my Warlock.

Based on every Year 1 and Year 2 Trials maps that has happened so far, Trials this weekend will most likely be one of the following:

The Cauldron
Thieves' Den
Black Shield
Cathedral, Vertigo, Dungeons (doubt it... hopefully never ever ever)
Randomized

Honestly I hope it's The Cauldron or Randomized. Otherwise if they do a rotation and they skip the above options, it'll be Bannerfall if they restart.

I would be psyched for Cauldron, Thieve's Den, or Black Shield.

Lol @ that thread. Skip nades op. Firebolts op. Flame shield op. MIDA op.

Some people won't be happy until we're all throwing frag grenades and wielding AK-47s.

I think it's a side effect from balancing.

Before Bungie tried to balance classes, no one really complained that much. There were some posts about Defenders not having much vialability in PvP, but people waved it away that they weren't supposed to be good in PvP.

Now, Bungie went through and balanced a handful of specific class perks, which has people wondering why this and not that.

If X needed to be balanced, and Y is just as powerful, then why is Y still in it's original state?

Meanwhile, there are other class perks that are considering universally terrible, and yet they remain untouched. It has people questioning what kind of system is in place for balancing the game.

Sorry man. Yeah I always have it equipped on my Warlock.

I would be psyched for Cauldron, Thieve's Den, or Black Shield.

I would run away from vertigo trials, that map is just...uuhh

Edit: same As LT, those maps would be great

Yea, as long as it's not Cathedral, Vertigo, Dungeons, it'll be OK at worse.

I think it's a side effect from balancing.

Before Bungie tried to balance classes, no one really complained that much. There were some posts about Defenders not having much vialability in PvP, but people waved it away that they weren't supposed to be good in PvP.

Now, Bungie went through and balanced a handful of specific class perks, which has people wondering why this and not that.

If X needed to be balanced, and Y is just as powerful, then why is Y still in it's original state?

Meanwhile, there are other class perks that are considering universally terrible, and yet they remain untouched. It has people questioning what kind of system is in place for balancing the game.

I'm fairly balanced. Don't nerf me!

Top Bottom