• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Daemul

Levelling subclasses was much easier in Y1 when we had 5k Daily Bounties and the Nightfall buff on top of that. Levelling subclasses in Y2 takes fucking forever, the amount of work that is now required compared to last year is far too much.

Deku Tree

Levelling subclasses was much easier in Y1 when we had 5k Daily Bounties and the Nightfall buff on top of that. Levelling subclasses in Y2 takes fucking forever, the amount of work that is now required compared to last year is far too much.

In year 2 we have red bull codes though.

I had 20 public event packages, 16 5k or 3k bounties saved, red bull codes, and the CE class item ready, and I leveled my last subclass to the middle of the third row in 30 seconds.

In year 2 we have red bull codes though.

I had 20 public event packages, 16 5k or 3k bounties saved, red bull codes, and the CE class item ready, and I leveled my last subclass to the middle of the third row in 30 seconds.

Yeah but you are you and you have 3 320 characters :p

The grind is insane mostly for people starting a new character. Like math that started playing her titan. She now has 3 subclasses that each take like what 500k exp to fully level up? That takes days of playtime.

WipedOut

Yeah but you are you and you have 3 320 characters :p

The grind is insane mostly for people starting a new character. Like math that started playing her titan. She now has 3 subclasses that each take like what 500k exp to fully level up? That takes days of playtime.
I started on the 18th of December, I still have to finish voidwalker and I haven't even started leveling up stormcaller or gunslinger.

FyreWulff

I'm never ever deleting my characters. They're going to stay with me for the next 10 years or more.

I really wish you could put more of a lock on them. Like you have to go get a passcode from bungie.net and put it in to delete.

Kyoufu

I'm never ever deleting my characters. They're going to stay with me for the next 10 years or more.

I really wish you could put more of a lock on them. Like you have to go get a passcode from bungie.net and put it in to delete.

Agreed. It's scary to think of someone logging on your account while you're asleep and deleting everything just like that, especially since PSN does not have the tightest security...

Acidote

Agreed. It's scary to think of someone logging on your account while you're asleep and deleting everything just like that, especially since PSN does not have the tightest security...

I can't comprehend why Sony hasn't implemented Two-Step Authentication yet. Steam has it, Blizzard has it, SQ-E has it, Microsoft has it, Google has it... yet Sony can't be bothered.

Deku Tree

Yeah: log in to b.net on a computer. Request a passcode to character delete. Hold down square/X to request character delete for 20 seconds on console. Then Put passcode into console to delete. Then you get a 72 hour grace period where you can restore your character by going through an automated procedure on b.net (even for a $5-$10 fee).

Auctopus

I started on the 18th of December, I still have to finish voidwalker and I haven't even started leveling up stormcaller or gunslinger.

I started on the 20-something of November and have Voidcaller and Stormbringer maxed out. I've gotta max out Sunsinger before I start raiding so I'll keep note of about how long that takes me.

WeTeHa

I started on the 20-something of November and have Voidcaller and Stormbringer maxed out. I've gotta max out Sunsinger before I start raiding so I'll keep note of about how long that takes me.

you don't need a maxed out sunsinger for raiding, especially not for normal mode :p

Lnkn52

cbdbccf515515ebc4dc7f90a7ffc01351bddf35c.jpg.cf.webp

I love raiding with Hawkian, because he steadfastly refuses to use the meta. He uses Eyasluna and Tunoela SR4. No Hung Jury, No Doom of Chelsis.

Just a reminder that, especially as we have the raid on farm, that I should strive for some fun and variety outside of what's optimal.
Man, what a disaster of a quest. Who designed this?

E92 M3

I love raiding with Hawkian, because he steadfastly refuses to use the meta. He uses Eyasluna and Tunoela SR4. No Hung Jury, No Doom of Chelsis.

Just a reminder that, especially as we have the raid on farm, that I should strive for some fun and variety outside of what's optimal.

Gunsmith's Tunoela SR4 was an insanely good roll :D

I wish I bought that package.

Deku Tree

If your looking for some variety in the Raid then try out Ace of Spades when your on your hunter.

Also, I buckled down and got the last of the rare mats for my Void sword. the Relic Iron went quickly for those last 5. Maybe 20-30 min? Relic Iron Ghost + Sniper Rifle makes it easy to spot where they are.

Then I bought my arc sword, leveled that. Ground out the Arc kills. Spent over 1 hour doing it. 1000 kills on Siege of the Warmind. Then spent 45 minutes gathering rare mats. Got 2.

LTWood12

So I can bring any exotic primary up to 320. I already have Mida, ToM, and Red Death at 320. I don't really use the Last Word.

I'm leaning towards Bad Juju, but what would you guys do?

So I can bring any exotic primary up to 320. I already have Mida, ToM, and Red Death at 320. I don't really use the Last Word.

I'm leaning towards Bad Juju, but what would you guys do?

Save it for your Doctrine! I think the next Exotic I'm taking up will be Jade Rabbit.

Gunsmith's Tunoela SR4 was an insanely good roll :D

I wish I bought that package.

Here's my Tunoela in comparison with Hung Jury. I got the same perks of Triple Tap & Firefly. :D

9s62IIG.png

That's why I think people are nuts when I hear about them restarting a character.

IIRC, when the wife and I made out alts this most recent time about 6 weeks ago it took us 9 hours in game to reach level 40. However, we specifically didn't touch any PvP or bounties, and strictly did the story missions and/or quests attached to them. The only except would have been some of the strike playlists because of the quest that has you play some of them.

I couldn't tell you how much shorter that could have been had I used bounties, the instant level 25 item, or any of the Red Bull codes I had, but if I had to guess. I'd say 4 hours to go from level 25 to 40.

Deku Tree

Also, I buckled down and got the last of the rare mats for my Void sword. the Relic Iron went quickly for those last 5. Maybe 20-30 min? Relic Iron Ghost + Sniper Rifle makes it easy to spot where they are.

Then I bought my arc sword, leveled that. Ground out the Arc kills. Spent over 1 hour doing it. 1000 kills on Siege of the Warmind. Then spent 45 minutes gathering rare mats. Got 2.

Yeah the quest stinks. I think the point was that it was supposed to take you a long time, not that you were supposed to do it all at once and complain about how boring it is...

It helps if you do the mats on your hunter nightstalker with the enhanced tracker perk activated. Also set your clock back a few days on your PS4 after you load into orbit. Then load into a patrol and you should be alone on your planet. Then try to find a chest on the edge of an area and do the zone in - zone out glitch to keep picking up the same chest repeatedly until it stops working. You should be able to do the whole material collection part in 1-2 hours or less.

EDIT: I'd like to say that I'd take quests that are 5 times as grindy as this rather than go back to waiting for RNG to give me the OP LFG required raid weapon (as it was in Year 1).

IIRC, when the wife and I made out alts this most recent time about 6 weeks ago it took us 9 hours in game to reach level 40. However, we specifically didn't touch any PvP or bounties, and strictly did the story missions and/or quests attached to them. The only except would have been some of the strike playlists because of the quest that has you play some of them.

I couldn't tell you how much shorter that could have been had I used bounties, the instant level 25 item, or any of the Red Bull codes I had, but if I had to guess. I'd say 4 hours to go from level 25 to 40.

The issue that people are complaining about is how long it takes to maxing out three subclasses (or even one), not reaching level 40

EL CUCO

PvP levels up your characters/subclass noticeably quicker than PvE does. Especially if you're using XP consumables.

Yeah the quest stinks. I think the point was that it was supposed to take you a long time, not that you were supposed to do it all at once and complain about how boring it is...

Yeah. That's how I did the Void abilities one. Just played Defender and it happened naturally. But how does gathering rare mats happen naturally? Who gathers planetary mats.

Also, as an aside, I think it's a profound misjudgment of player pyschology to assume that if you offer people an amazing reward that they'd do things slow, rather than quick and painful. The Exotic Sword quest ruined Crucible for a while with everyone trying to get 25 sword kills in one match. People just running around with sword hilts.

It helps if you do the mats on your hunter nightstalker with the enhanced tracker perk activated. Also set your clock back a few days on your PS4 after you load into orbit. Then load into a patrol and you should be alone on your planet. Then try to find a chest on the edge of an area and do the zone in - zone out glitch to keep picking up the same chest repeatedly until it stops working. You should be able to do the whole material collection part in 1-2 hours or less.

Got a recommendation of which zone to do this in for the Cosmodrome?

What playlists is damage referee in? As it doesn't seem to be in any I've played. Loads of red bars taking no damage but can unleash 5 mida rounds in less than 1 second

Deku Tree

Yeah. That's how I did the Void abilities one. Just played Defender and it happened naturally. But how does gathering rare mats happen naturally? Who gathers planetary mats.

Also, as an aside, I think it's a profound misjudgment of player pyschology to assume that if you offer people an amazing reward that they'd do things slow, rather than quick and painful. The Exotic Sword quest ruined Crucible for a while with everyone trying to get 25 sword kills in one match. People just running around with sword hilts.

Place where septiks strike starts.

Between the divide and rocket yard. There are a few nodes right near the entrance to the Rocket Yard and the transition area between the two zones is really short so you can reset it quickly. If you enter the area and there aren't nodes spawned, pick up a few chests first. Once you've gotten 2-3 nodes near the RY entrance, just zone in/out over and over. I just listened to some music and finished within 45 minutes even if there were sometimes 15+ normal nodes between the rare materials.

And nobody gathers planetary mats naturally so it's impossible to finish this step naturally. It's terrible and there's no way around it. They literally took the most painfully tedious activity from vanilla Destiny and made it worse.

Number45

If your looking for some variety in the Raid then try out Ace of Spades when your on your hunter.
I swear once you have the quest step to disable rares/legendaries for these the game flips a toggle so that they never drop. Two rare HC's are all I've managed to dismantle and I'm nearing 150 marks so I'll probably just buy a legendary... same as I ended up doing for Tlaloc last week. :s

Deku Tree

I swear once you have the quest step to disable rares/legendaries for these the game flips a toggle so that they never drop. Two rare HC's are all I've managed to dismantle and I'm nearing 150 marks so I'll probably just buy a legendary... same as I ended up doing for Tlaloc last week. :s

Legendaries count for five rares, so do exotics I think. So you could wait for the gunsmith to sell a legendary HC or generate exotic HCs from the kiosk I think or buy two legendary HCs from tower vendors.

Not sure if the exotic thing works.

Kyoufu

Literally the second worst quest in the game, The Chaperone being the first. I can't even do it because I don't have the Last Word on PS4.

That quest was pretty fucking painful when they had nerfed TLW into the fucking ground. I ended up having friends feed me in Rumble. No fucks given.

I apologise for my language.

Literally the second worst quest in the game, The Chaperone being the first. I can't even do it because I don't have the Last Word on PS4.

Also bad is The First Curse quest, which should have been renamed "The Next Wednesday"

Or the Sleeper Simulant, which should have been renamed "Where the hell is the Mars Warsat?"

Or Spindle, No Time to Explain or Sleeper could all be renamed "Surprise, One Day Only Availability? Can't make it? Too bad. Wait another couple weeks!"

Exotic Weapons quests were a good idea, but terribly executed.

Is Destiny a loot game?

I mean it doesn't feel like one right now but I had the impression that it is supposed to be a loot game.

The legendary weapon drop rate is almost non-existent.

Is Destiny a loot game?

I mean it doesn't feel like one right now but I had the impression that it is supposed to be a loot game.

Luke Smith said they wanted it to be a loot game. That's why ghost shells and class items now are itemized. That's why artifacts were introduced.

But it's not. The drop rate is abysmal and the itemization and skill trees are so tiny as to defeat any notion of builds.

WipedOut

Is Destiny a loot game?

It's a reward game. As in sometimes you get rewarded sometimes you get jack shit.

A loot game would actually suggest you get actual loot.

Destiny has changed from a loot game to a reward/quest game. Diablo is a perfect example of what a loot game should be.

Lnkn52

Also bad is The First Curse quest, which should have been renamed "The Next Wednesday"

Or the Sleeper Simulant, which should have been renamed "Where the hell is the Mars Warsat?"

Or Spindle, No Time to Explain or Sleeper could all be renamed "Surprise, One Day Only Availability? Can't make it? Too bad. Wait another couple weeks!"

Exotic Weapons quests were a good idea, but terribly executed.

H O U R S

I think I spent more hours waiting for that Warsat than I have actual amount played with that gun.

Kyoufu

Is Destiny a loot game?

It is but it's not a very good one. I haven't seen a legendary weapon engram drop in a long time. Plenty of armour engrams are dropping though.

Your best bet is to buy them with marks from vendors.

Top Bottom