• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

SpecX

trials is very intimidating at first

if you have a group you consistently play with, you'll definitely get there (lighthouse)

Not with the group I normally play with to be honest. We have gotten better as a team, but our 3rd guy seriously drags us down. I seriously couldn't win any CD matches with him since teams could easily spot him as the weak link, tag team and take me out, then mop the floor with him. We do have fun though, so I guess that's what counts.

Its a surprise. My guess, something to fix the special ammo cheesing

is it addressing cheese for side arms?

if it effects all weapon swaps, that's dumb IMO. if you go into 6v6 with a sniper and realize you need a shotgun after death you shouldn't lose all special and vice versa

it's really whatever. I use my primary a lot lol

Not with the group I normally play with to be honest. We have gotten better as a team, but our 3rd guy seriously drags us down. I seriously couldn't win any CD matches with him since teams could easily spot him as the weak link, tag team and take me out, then mop the floor with him. We do have fun though, so I guess that's what counts.

depends how willing he is to listen to reason and suggestions like load-outs or strats for that current round

Hey guys.
I played vanilla Destiny a lot when I had an Xbox One, now with my PS4 I want it to be my drug again.

What class should I choose? I used to play with a Titan mostly, is there a new subclass that's better than the other ones?

Hey guys.
I played vanilla Destiny a lot when I had an Xbox One, now with my PS4 I want it to be my drug again.

What class should I choose? I used to play with a Titan mostly, is there a new subclass that's better than the other ones?

nightstalker is pretty good

but if you liked your titan, stick with him. they buffed strikers

SpecX

Hey guys.

Stick with the Titan. I started with a Hunter and once I tasted the power of a Titan, there's been no going back.

ocean

Banned
Hey guys.

Titans are a very solid class. Defenders are absolutely amazing (arguably the best) class in PvE, while Strikers are super fun in PvP.

Warlocks have an ass-tier jump but are otherwise amazing. Sunsingers in particular make a case for the best PvP class in the game (best melee, best grenade, best Exotics), while Stormcallers are amazingly good too.

Hunters have always been a top tier PvP class and now with Nightstalkers are extremely PvE valuable as well.

No wrong choices tbh

GRIP

Hey guys.

Anything but Warlocks

Stick with the Titan. I started with a Hunter and once I tasted the power of a Titan, there's been no going back.

I will say it's amazing to shit on every grenade in the game with a shade step

hate the super. always run black hole because of it which can definitely come in handy from time to time

edit: I always hated my warlock but starting to like him more and more for 3v3 encounters. those grenades are just too good

FyreWulff

It always seemed weird that sidearms always have ammo off spawn, considering the rest of the guns have to wait to regen or find ammo.

Kalamari

Hey guys.

Titans rule in PvE, but Hunters are easier to play in PvP.

Titans rule in PvE, but Hunters are easier to play in PvP.

I think it really depends on your style. if you like running sniper + TLW, blade dancer really is the best

I think titan is the best for closing distance with a shotgun if you know how to skate

but I don't really shotgun and love the twilight garrison so whatevs

Deku Tree

It always seemed weird that sidearms always have ammo off spawn, considering the rest of the guns have to wait to regen or find ammo.

If you make a horrible uncompetitive class of secondary weapon and decide to put it in the game then you need to give it a perk that makes it a little better.

SpecX

I will say it's amazing to shit on every grenade in the game with a shade step

hate the super. always run black hole because of it which can definitely come in handy from time to time

edit: I always hated my warlock but starting to like him more and more for 3v3 encounters. those grenades are just too good

Shade step is the only thing I'm envious on my Hunter that my Titan is missing and I hope to get a Twilight Garrison soon to gain that airborne evade ability. I might have to try my Warlock again, hated using her in Y1, but stormcaller, those grenades, and that melee have their moments.

SpecX

If you make a horrible uncompetitive class of secondary weapon and decide to put it in the game then you need to give it a perk that makes it a little better.

<,< I actually like my IB sidearm. It has saved my ass a few times when I needed something to finish off a guy in PvP going for the melee strike.

Mindlog

Hey guys.

Warlocks are the best.
Hunters are hilarious. They try their little hearts out.
Titans are a solid crutch.

The verdict:
Stick with Titan. It takes a stupid amount of time to level a sub-class and I say this as someone who entered TKK with a Postmaster full of XP, maxxed XP bounties stored and a few redbull energy boosting sponsored content bollocks. I blame the stupid ass Collector Edition sub-class bonds for that and I blame the even worse sold XP boosts for not correcting the problem.

Lee

Warlocks are the best.

Not even going to argue. Always play a hunter and I try my heart out. Shadestep and keen scout don't make up for losing every melee battle, having shitty grenades in general, getting outplayed by other supers, and being squishy in general. If I want to be fast, my armor drops so low I can be killed in a single melee by warlocks.

I need to level up my warlock and titan, but I don't play as much as I used to.

Iceman829

The patch today is probably a "fix" for special ammo in crucible. They probably disabled invective and ice breaker's ability to generate ammo until they can come up with a better solution.

You mean doubled the ammo refresh rate right? This is BungIe we are talking about.

Not even going to argue. Always play a hunter and I try my heart out. Shadestep and keen scout don't make up for losing every melee battle, having shitty grenades in general, getting outplayed by other supers, and being squishy in general. If I want to be fast, my armor drops so low I can be killed in a single melee by warlocks.

me thinks you aren't using smoke nades correctly. those things are OP as hell

Lnkn52

D6OWrXw.png

Kyoufu

Nightstalker is a very technical class.

Also, throwing grenade + envenomed smoke together does a lot of damage.

HMD

Warlocks are the best.

Titans are not very good in PvP imo, why risk it with the Fist of Havok when I can just throw a ranged FoH with my Voidwalker? Why put a bubble when I can destroy it with just my Stormcaller's super animation? And why even bother with Sunbreakers when it's outclassed by all other mobile supers? At least hunters and warlocks have usable grenades on all subclasses and not just their Strikers.

Nightstalker is a very technical class.

Also, throwing grenade + envenomed smoke together does a lot of damage.

wombo combo kills!

nightstalker probably has the strongest neutral game, 2nd to sunsinger

smoke nades during rez is awesome and hilarious at the same time. talk about "double-down"

No patch notes huh...they doing more behind the scene "fixes" they're gonna lie about until the community beats them over the head with their own BS and forces a half assed apology out of them? Huh? C'mon bungie let's skip the song and dance it's getting old.

Did the patch go live? I stopped playing Rumble so I wouldn't get kicked mid game

Edit: got kicked when I tried doing something, updated with the ghost patch

stay gold

Beat a 6 man fireteam in Inferno Control, felt even more satisfying than usual.

But still, putting 6 people who can speak to each other against 6 randoms that don't even have their fucking radar to help is beyond stupid.

Top Bottom