• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah Bungie, let's spawn me into a game with only 1000 points left for the other team and there is only three others on my team. Hard not to get pissed off at this game at times. Why I decided to play with randoms I don't know. I have to keep reminding myself to stop doing that.

Jafku

Yeah Bungie, let's spawn me into a game with only 1000 points left for the other team and there is only three others on my team. Hard not to get pissed off at this game at times. Why I decided to play with randoms I don't know. I have to keep reminding myself to stop doing that.

we'll join after this match

Just for clarification...control is the only playlist with the MM changes right now correct?

It's the only mode w the "damage referee" thing they added for tracking host quality. Other modes like Skirmish, Trials and Rumble got the CBMM changes that were initially added to IB during the last event.

Frenden

Banned
CbjN-b9VIAUw6u6.jpg:large

Rahool dropped a decent 1000 Yard except for the scope--or so I thought.

Bear with me. Hidden Hand is great. Injection Mold is a bit slower than Quickdraw or Snapshot, but it's still a boon to handling and ADS. Not perfect, but not bad. But here's the rub. The only low zoom scope was ViewTaC SLH20 at 5x. Ambush and Shortgaze are 4.5x. NLB and Still Piercer are 4x.

The Viewtac SLH20 is a new, TTK-exclusive scope that improves handling and neither removes AA or adds to it. That's important. It handles like Ambush, but it doesn't have the negative effect on AA that Ambush does in year two. Ambush is my favorite scope in terms of feel, but the fact that it actively subtracts from AA makes it less than ideal.

The Viewtac SLH20 is a compromise between the better handling and ADS of Ambush and the AA of other scopes. It doesn't make your AA worse and it makes handling feel like a goddamn dream. It neither adds or subtracts from a sniper's existing AA value. It has an open rectangular sight that's more like a red dot sight than a bulky scope.

I love this scope. I want to marry this scope. If this had Snapshot, it'd be a god roll for me. I tested against a Shortgaze with Quickdraw and Snapshot and the Injection Mold roll here is only a smiiiiiidge slower thanks to the SLH20's improved handling. I could still quickscope fine. It feels so good. There's hardly any scope-jump when shooting and it makes follow up shots on multiple targets super easy.

I like to equip red dot sights on sniper rifles in games like Battlefield and this is the Destiny equivalent. It may not be for everyone, but if you like the Faucon sight on Eirene or the square sight window of the Hereafter, the SLH20 is a much, much cleaner and better handling version of them both.

It's worth a look. I'm a convert.

Sorry for the long post, but I've literally never seen this scope since TTK dropped and haven't heard a single soul talk about it here.

Frenden

Banned
Spare change with headseeker third wye and hand laid stock. Looks god tier. But there is something wrong isnt there?

I have that exact roll. It doesn't kill in two bursts anymore after the PR nerf, so you might as well use the faster firing, lower impact mid-tier like Nirwens.

There is literally no advantage to using the Spare Change. It just fires slower and has a longer TTK.

I have that exact roll. It doesn't kill in two bursts anymore after the PR nerf, so you might as well use the faster firing, lower impact mid-tier like Nirwens.

There is literally no advantage to using the Spare Change. It just fires slower and has a longer TTK.

Thought i finally hit the jackpot. But it was to good to be true

maomaoIYP

They've added a few new scopes here and there for TTK. I use shortgaze and ambush almost exclusively, but I think that as long as you get used to the scope, it's actually fine. Xplicitone plays with one of those new super high mag scopes, I have no idea how he manages to do it, but it seems to work great for him!

Deku Tree

Beat Lost to Light 14 times today. On the 14th time I finally got the Vienna Singer ship. Gonna do a 15 to help the guys I was playing with.

Frenden

Banned
They've added a few new scopes here and there for TTK. I use shortgaze and ambush almost exclusively, but I think that as long as you get used to the scope, it's actually fine. Xplicitone plays with one of those new super high mag scopes, I have no idea how he manages to do it, but it seems to work great for him!

Yeah, neat!

This is still low-zoom though! Remember that old Longview SR10 that had higher AA than Shortgaze and only .5x more zoom? This is like that. 5x vs. Shortgaze's 4.5x.

Marginally more zoom, but a much, much clearer open sight and significantly improved handling. It's a sleeper, I think!

Jafku

CbjN-b9VIAUw6u6.jpg:large

Rahool dropped a decent 1000 Yard except for the scope--or so I thought.

Bear with me. Hidden Hand is great. Injection Mold is a bit slower than Quickdraw or Snapshot, but it's still a boon to handling and ADS. Not perfect, but not bad. But here's the rub. The only low zoom scope was ViewTaC SLH20 at 5x. Ambush and Shortgaze are 4.5x. NLB and Still Piercer are 4x.

The Viewtac SLH20 is a new, TTK-exclusive scope that improves handling and neither removes AA or adds to it. That's important. It handles like Ambush, but it doesn't have the negative effect on AA that Ambush does in year two. Ambush is my favorite scope in terms of feel, but the fact that it actively subtracts from AA makes it less than ideal.

The Viewtac SLH20 is a compromise between the better handling and ADS of Ambush and the AA of other scopes. It doesn't make your AA worse and it makes handling feel like a goddamn dream. It neither adds or subtracts from a sniper's existing AA value. It has an open rectangular sight that's more like a red dot sight than a bulky scope.

I love this scope. I want to marry this scope. If this had Snapshot, it'd be a god roll for me. I tested against a Shortgaze with Quickdraw and Snapshot and the Injection Mold roll here is only a smiiiiiidge slower thanks to the SLH20's improved handling. I could still quickscope fine. It feels so good. There's hardly any scope-jump when shooting and it makes follow up shots on multiple targets super easy.

I like to equip red dot sights on sniper rifles in games like Battlefield and this is the Destiny equivalent. It may not be for everyone, but if you like the Faucon sight on Eirene or the square sight window of the Hereafter, the SLH20 is a much, much cleaner and better handling version of them both.

It's worth a look. I'm a convert.

Sorry for the long post, but I've literally never seen this scope since TTK dropped and haven't heard a single soul talk about it here.
Interesting. I have a 1KYS with ambush, partial refund, quickdraw and hidden hand. It also has this scope but I never tried it

Frenden

Banned
Interesting. I have a 1KYS with ambush, partial refund, quickdraw and hidden hand. It also has this scope but I never tried it

It handles like Ambush (except maybe better, recoil wise) but without the AA hit. I like red dots on snipers and was an Ambush guy in year one, so this is a perfect combo for me.

I don't mind the .5x more zoom, but I'm curious to hear what you think.

Frenden

Banned
Such a great scope for PvE had it on my 1000 yard I got day one of TK. Makes it hard to use anything else.

I'm going to infuse it up. It beats my Shortgaze, Quickdraw, Spray and Play roll. It may just come down to personal preference, but I love the look and feel of the scope.

Top Bottom