• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Frenden

Banned
Oh, one more thing I found while researching range today after the discussions we had about PRs...

Important! Sights Multiply Range while ADS
Don’t miss this tip: when you equip your weapon with a sight and go into ADS, the zoom factor provides a direct multiplier to the base range of the weapon. Equipping a 2x zoom sight doubles the distance from which you can deal maximum damage. Unsurprisingly, sniper rifles tend to have the highest zoom factor sights. Combined with a high base damage to begin with, this gives them the best-long range performance of any weapon.

For primary weapons, switching between iron sights or a scope can completely change the character of a weapon. You can switch to irons for close-quarters combat, and use a more powerful scope for long-range outdoor combat. Of course, more intense magnification also tends to harm your ability to fight effectively at close range, and you often pay a cost in Stability or Handling characteristics for more sophisticated sights, or sometimes even Range…

So a slightly higher zoom on a scope (like this new sniper scope I posted about) actually boosts range in line with the zoom value. This means a sniper with .5x more zoom has a small boost--take the total range stat and then add the zoom on top. Neat. Never knew that.

Reddit post here.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Any reloading perks are useless for me since I have gloves with faster reload for handcannons, pulses and snipers for all my characters. I can switch to whatever style I please. So I'd rather have something to boost other stats.

I keep seeing this. Is this the Omnigul strike?

Yeah it's the new hotness haha. Actually I've heard of people farming it for while but it really has been an active topic here the past few days. I really want one don't even care what roll I get...for now

SpecX

Yeah it's the new hotness haha. Actually I've heard of people farming it for while but it really has been an active topic here the past few days. I really want one don't even care what roll I get...for now
Why not, shoot me a FR when you're ready. I'll be on for another hour at least. Dark1421, playing control for now.

Dez_

:( Putting the kids to bed, anyone available in an hour from now?
You still need help? Was going to grab a quick bite, but I can try and help.
Edit: Also, gg with the crew I played with in pvp. Really fun and close matches there, though I still got a lot to learn when it comes to multiplayer for this game.

D_psipher

So many Lost to Light clears and no ship. I two manned it with 4 minutes left on the timer one time. We killed him in a minute give or take another time and nothing. At least a couple of my friends got it to drop. I am going to sleep. Good night DGAF.

SpecX

You still need help? Was going to grab a quick bite, but I can try and help.
Edit: Also, gg with the crew I played with in pvp. Really fun and close matches there, though I still got a lot to learn when it comes to multiplayer for this game.
Yes! Sorry forgot to refresh the thread, but I'm still looking for some help with this.

Dthomp

WooHoo. Thanks guys, hard mode Oryx CM cleared.

310 Zhalo Supercell
320 Crappy Auto Rifle
310 Hand Cannon
320 Artifact
315 Machine Gun
310 Ghost

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We played a team three times and beat them three times.

Opp . Playing them again.

Come to conclusion that the grasp is better than thorn.

WeTeHa

Thinking sbout rerolling my tarantella, currently running a tier 5 disc/str build.

1) can tarantella get disc/str?
2) is an int/disc build better for bladedancer than disc/str? I mainly run disc/str for double grenades with my nightstalker, I haven't figured out yet what i prefer for bladedancer.

Thinking sbout rerolling my tarantella, currently running a tier 5 disc/str build.

1) can tarantella get disc/str?
2) is an int/disc build better for bladedancer than disc/str? I mainly run disc/str for double grenades with my nightstalker, I haven't figured out yet what i prefer for bladedancer.

Blade I prefer int/disc. 5/5/0 with Tarantella is my favorite. I usually get 2 Blades in each Trials match with it. Nightstalker, disc/str. Tarantella can only get int/disc.

Gauging interest on a Normal Mode King's Fall Raid run for people that haven't done the raid before. I know a few gaffers been complaining that there are no normal raids being run for people to learn mechanics.

Platform: PS4
Time: Late night EST FRI/SAT/SUN
Recommended: Minimum of 290 light with 1 sword & 1 sniper rifle.

WeTeHa

Blade I prefer int/disc. 5/5/0 with Tarantella is my favorite. I usually get 2 Blades in each Trials match with it. Nightstalker, disc/str. Tarantella can only get int/disc.

thanks.
Will definitely try to get some good int/disc gear to try out a 5/5/0 bladedancer build.

SpecX

Gauging interest on a Normal Mode King's Fall Raid run for people that haven't done the raid before. I know a few gaffers been complaining that there are no normal raids being run for people to learn mechanics.

I'd be willing to help seeing that I too was in that position. Depends on the time and my weekend plans.

BLCKATK

I could be interested in this. I've done the raid but would love to do it on one of my lower light characters, and I'm interested in helping.

I mean? It was a Year 1 exotic quest primary, difficult as hell to get with dumb steps, I don't even think you can get the bounty anymore. It's just an absurd weapon, it's like they are afraid to do something with the gun. They should've nerfed it WAY harder back when 2.0 dropped.

Xur crap.

Taikonaut
1-chinese-astronauts.jpg

Acidote

I actually need the Helmet engrams to raise mine from 308 to 310. That or finding the time and people to do HM King's Fall in CET since most of you play late EST nights.

Top Bottom