• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Tough run. I actually didn't play terribly! Wish I could do another but gotta go to bed. I'm 2 wins away from a doctrine on this card, w/ 2 losses left to spare.

It didn't help I always stayed back. 😅 But it's all good.

Edit: No Top of Page GIF. Move along.

the_id

I have 2 paddel Scuf on PS4, Elite on XB1.

The Scuf is just a missed standard controller, the build quality goes down a bit because there's a split between the back and front parts of the controller.

The softer rubber on the rear plate does feel a bit nicer on the hands tho.

The Elite controller is by far better quality. Such a nice product (apart from the battery situation).

...but I don't like the size/layout of Xbox pads and really like PS controller size/layout.

Found it hard to play Destiny without the paddles now (I use jump/crouch). It's the map transversal that makes a difference, I'm not getting more kills, just feels more natural and map transversal is better.
Thanks for that. How bad is the build on the Scuf? Are you using the Elite on the Ps4? Reason I ask is I'm considering the Elite with Cronus max.

Holy FUCK, this new Trials matchmaking system in Year 2 is brutal (I'm late here but I didn't dive into Year 2 Trials until recently).

When you're nearing the end of your card, oh man. Wow. Those matches are sweaty and brutal.

I managed five lighthouse trips in Year 1, I don't see me ever reaching lighthouse in Year 2 if every 7th/8th match is as tough as my recent ones were. Damn.

Counterbalance Doctrine and Mercury hype for Jigga. Sofa king sweaty. I need a bubble bath.

Anybody here using a Scuf controller to play Destiny? What are your impressions on it? Is it better than the Elite controller? I'm just doing my research and wonder whether it's going to improve my gameplay or not.

The main thing to remember about a Scuf is it's just a modified Dual Shock 4, so it has the same shitty build quality as a Dual Shock 4. The Elite however has a super high quality build quality and feels rock solid. It also has 4 paddles on the back so you can map all 4 face buttons to the paddle so you can always keep your thumbs on the sticks. Scuf (afaik) only has 2 paddles.

The downside of the Elite is that you'll also an adapter like the Cronus so it's going to be more expensive than the Scuf. It won't make or break your gameplay but it definitely helps if you're interested in making the effort to improve your all around PvP skills.

the_id

Counterbalance Doctrine and Mercury hype for Jigga. Sofa king sweaty. I need a bubble bath.

The main thing to remember about a Scuf is it's just a modified Dual Shock 4, so it has the same shitty build quality as a Dual Shock 4. The Elite however has a super high quality build quality and feels rock solid. It also has 4 paddles on the back so you can map all 4 face buttons to the paddle so you can always keep your thumbs on the sticks. Scuf (afaik) only has 2 paddles.

The downside of the Elite is that you'll also an adapter like the Cronus so it's going to be more expensive than the Scuf. It won't make or break your gameplay but it definitely helps if you're interested in making the effort to improve your all around PvP skills.
thanks Drizz, I might go for the elite+Cronus max setup. Will take 22 days for the Cronus to reach me.

Last game of the day we clutch out a 5-4 win over some guy with a 3.0 K/D and nearly 2200 ELO to get Thenal's Doctrine. The hype and sweat were super real, as will be my coma here shortly. GGs and thanks to everyone who played today!

edit: holy cow we stole so much of his ELO it brought me back over 2k...

milkham

thanks Drizz, I might go for the elite+Cronus max setup. Will take 22 days for the Cronus to reach me.

you could try a brook xbone to ps4 adapter instead i think they have a better rep than the cronus guys. I'm not 100% on compatibility with the elite but i saw they did mention on srk forums that they were testing it a couple months ago.

they might be harder to get because people are picking them up for sfv but that's another option

Ji66a-Man

Another downside to the Cronus is that you need a USB or wireless headset to use chat. Check if the Cronus you ordered has the Bluetooth dongle and USB sound card included. With the USB sound card, you can plug in any headset that uses a 3.5mm plug.

Tri4

Damn, forgot to pick up my 3 of coins. I think I only have like 9 left.

@naatybrook lol at that member title, first time I read it properly.

Will there be any groups assisting with 7 wins cards for Mercury trips tomorrow? If so, I'd like to be in one of those groups.

The plan right now is to double back to all the folks with 7-0 cards since there are a ton of them right now, including a bunch of people who haven't been to Mercury much if ever. The problem is that there're still a lot of folks looking for Doctrine runs and I'm trying to prioritize those first. If there are enough helpers to get at least 2 trains running tomorrow we could probably knock out enough Doctrines to start working on the 2-3 games needed for those (hopefully) flawless cards.

As always it's the same issue of lots of people looking for help and not that many helpers. Plus those last two wins for flawless are another level of sweat compared to just helping for Doctrines when you're more likely to face easier teams and you can lose up to three games. But we'll see how it plays out, I'm definitely down to try......

deadduck

Thanks for that. How bad is the build on the Scuf? Are you using the Elite on the Ps4? Reason I ask is I'm considering the Elite with Cronus max.

It's not terrible, just a std ps4 pulled apart. It's no Elite.

I don't use Elite on PS4 because I don't really like Xbox pads. I think Drizzay uses chronus/Elite tho. If you like Xbox pads, Elite is the best choice.

So I've been playing Xcom 2 lately and I made some Dgaffers in it.

2016-02-04.png

uBFlaBW.jpg

3tVfq15.jpg

Falifax

lol

How's the game, is it being patched out of bugs fast enough?

There was a hotfix that, for some, improved the framerate plus other save game related bugs.

I bet they are working on a full blown patch but we'll need a little bit of patience for that.

NastyBook

The plan right now is to double back to all the folks with 7-0 cards since there are a ton of them right now, including a bunch of people who haven't been to Mercury much if ever. The problem is that there're still a lot of folks looking for Doctrine runs and I'm trying to prioritize those first. If there are enough helpers to get at least 2 trains running tomorrow we could probably knock out enough Doctrines to start working on the 2-3 games needed for those (hopefully) flawless cards.

As always it's the same issue of lots of people looking for help and not that many helpers. Plus those last two wins for flawless are another level of sweat compared to just helping for Doctrines when you're more likely to face easier teams and you can lose up to three games. But we'll see how it plays out, I'm definitely down to try......
No pressure. Was just wondering. Ppl without Doctrines should definitely get the priority. If I can't make it to Mercury, I'll at least try to finish the matches to get this Gold package.

DGAF helping DGAF with ToO is amazing. <3

I'm in the Division PC beta this weekend so I missed out on this, but I hope I'll get to Mercury some day. ^_^

Iron Banana hype, tho! C'ya when Lord Salad returns.

Deku Tree

You already know it deep inside :(

Counterbalance > Hidden Hand > Rangefinder > Rodeo

Reddit Crucible playbook seems to be saying.

1) Counterbalance
2) Rodeo
3) Hidden Hand
4) Rangefinder

I have both (2) and (3). Guess I'll level up (3) too and compare for myself.

Beagles329

Neo Member
Will there be any groups assisting with 7 wins cards for Mercury trips tomorrow? If so, I'd like to be in one of those groups.
I'm in the same boat...I'm ashamed to admit this but I'm a "Mercury Virgin" and have never been to the lighthouse.

Good luck to all of those still waiting to get their Doctrine, I've been enjoying mine.

Top Bottom