• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I'd kinda like a rotating iron banner that rotated randomly between all of the 6v6 modes. Even a mode like control, which is better than clash or rift, gets repetitive.

Acidote

So, what's the most efficient way of turning in IB bounties? Should I turn in my dailies as soon as I get them done or wait for the next day? Can I lose bounties this way because they are repeated?

Trakan

I have an Arminius with counterbalance/braced frame. It's not as stable as the doctrine due to recoil and it doesn't have the range either. I still find it fun to use though.

I thought they were suppose to have fixed most of the lag and made red bar players actually get penalised now? Every single damn game has had a red bar just dominating...

I am going in solo too.

I thought they were suppose to have fixed most of the lag and made red bar players actually get penalised now? Every single damn game has had a red bar just dominating...

I am going in solo too.

My experience is similar, red bar still dominates. My last match last night the red bar on the other team scored 2885pts :d

I am going in solo too.

My experience is similar, red bar still dominates. My last match last night the red bar on the other team scored 2885pts :d

Forget IB, try the daily control playlist. Red and yellow bars everywhere.

Damage control? New Matchmaking? Rubbish..

Random player on my team using fireteam chat "how the fuck am i supposed to play this, can't kill anyone with red bars"

Random player on my team using fireteam chat "how the fuck am i supposed to play this, can't kill anyone with red bars"

It's sad because if they just fixed their shit this game would be so enjoyable, but instead every time I try return it just causes frustration.

Think I will just take the easy route and grab bounties each day, smash out 3x level 5 on Sunday in a few hours.

I've said it before but Control is easily the worst playlist now, which is some going as its supposed to be the gold standard

They just need to bite the bullet and revert all the changes and start from there

noomi

Hi guys, I'm noomi *waves* just picked up the game and something called the gajalagorn dropped from a nightfall and I'm wondering if it's any good?

Bold One

Bladedancer is fun but HOLY SHIT the super is baddddd

yup, terrible for PVE

Are wwe allowed to talk about The Division here, I would in the OT on gaming side but whenever I try to its used as a stick to try and beat Destiny with or people take any issues you have with the game as a personal slight...

for those who played the beta, ids there anything there you would like Bungie to implement in the future?

noomi

I feel so out of touch with Destiny these days. I went from spamming the shit out of the OT's, waking up extra early on Tuesdays to get checkpoints and do Nightfalls, 3x raids every Tuesday night, Trials every weekend, participating in EVERY event, crucible and IB constantly, and anxiously waiting for the BWU every week to this....here we are.

Haven't been following any sort of news lately but caught a convo in party chat about more content (significant content) coming to Destiny this year or something? Anyone care to fill me in on some deets?

Dragon's Breath is better, mate.

Oh man, hope RNG drop's it! I heard there was this one guy that was couldn't get the Hawkmoon to drop for like a year, and then Bungie made it the worst hand cannon in the game!

Haven't been following any sort of news lately but caught a convo in party chat about more content (significant content) coming to Destiny this year or something? Anyone care to fill me in on some deets?

A large update in Spring which features a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear and new challenges for PvE players.

A full Destiny sequel in 2017

Hedera

Here's what Bungie said:

"Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017."

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44353/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--02112016

noomi

A large update in Spring which features a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear and new challenges for PvE players.

A full Destiny sequel in 2017

Here's what Bungie said:

"Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017."

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44353/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--02112016

Thanks guys.

Hmmm sounds promising, I wonder if they will re-visit older raids and try to make them significant again. I know the community has been asking for something like this for a while now. Hope they don't let the best part of Destiny fade away to time.

WeTeHa

I feel so out of touch with Destiny these days. I went from spamming the shit out of the OT's, waking up extra early on Tuesdays to get checkpoints and do Nightfalls, 3x raids every Tuesday night, Trials every weekend, participating in EVERY event, crucible and IB constantly, and anxiously waiting for the BWU every week to this....here we are.

There will be "the biggest update since TTK launched" sometime in spring, probably april (?). It will include "replayable PvE endgame activites" and "a significant light level cap increase." After that, apparently we will get a TTK sized expansion in september-november and destiny 2 in 2017.

Biggest update since TTK doesn't say much though. I guess it's bigger than SRL and smaller than TTK, so I guess it could be anything from a single strike to a raid with a bunch of story missions (super unlikely :D). Chances are they will just make PoE/VoG/CE relevant, add the legacy strikes to the playlists, bring most weapons to year 2 and call it a day. Still hoping for new stuff, though.

yup, terrible for PVE

Are wwe allowed to talk about The Division here, I would in the OT on gaming side but whenever I try to its used as a stick to try and beat Destiny with or people take any issues you have with the game as a personal slight...

for those who played the beta, ids there anything there you would like Bungie to implement in the future?

Honestly, they are pretty different types of games. Not much from The Division would work well in destiny I guess. #1 for me is increased build variety. Right now, everybody uses pretty much the same setup in Destiny, which is a shame.

What I do not want is a dark zone type activity in Destiny. Someone else who is most likely better equipped and knows the game and map better than I do taking my loot sucks big time. This is actually my main complaint about The Division aside from human bullet sponges. Bullet sponges in Destiny work (for me) because they are aliens. I guess it makes sense it takes a huge amount of bullets to take down a huge ogre that is shooting energy balls at me. But a human enemy taking a grenade to the face and still having 70% health or getting nailed with entire clips without even flinching just seems off.

I still want The Division to do well, Bungie desperately needs competition. I guess I'll pick The Division up when we find out if there is more to endgame activities than the dark zone. I'd love some strike/nightfall/raid-type activities.

Deku Tree

So IB Clash wins don't count towards Clash Grimoire wins? I just won a few and my Grimoire number is not going up.

I was sure that IB control wins used to count towards Control Grimoire wins...

Theorry

That range tho.

aKmiE7y.gif

Hedera

Thanks guys.

Hmmm sounds promising, I wonder if they will re-visit older raids and try to make them significant again. I know the community has been asking for something like this for a while now. Hope they don't let the best part of Destiny fade away to time.
Yeah a lot of people seem to be thinking (and wanting) the update will be a comeback of the old content.

Personally, I'd rather see actual new stuff. I mean it would be fine if they brought the older content back with some twists but in terms of this Spring update I don't think that's enough, for me at least.

Also, I want SRL back.

Destiny feels weird these days. Monday ends and all i'm doing is wondering what the next trials map on friday will be. There's nothing else exciting in the game.

Deku Tree

Here's what Bungie said:

This is the key statement IMO. So they have already basically outlined exactly what is going to be in this "expansion":

(1) a significant light level bump (I previously guessed that it might be to 360 max LL)
(2) new guns, armor, exotics (mostly old unreleased y1, but the few new exotics that have been datamined too)
(3) and new PvE "challenges": i.e. bring back higher LL versions of the some (or all) of the old end game content and possibly put some new twist on it (i.e. different enemy types than before at new enemy spawn points), and add "raid challenges" like the KF raid challenges.

I'll try it out I guess, but I'm not feeling it at all.

Yeah a lot of people seem to be thinking (and wanting) the update will be a comeback of the old content.

Personally, I'd rather see actual new stuff. I mean it would be fine if they brought the older content back with some twists but in terms of this Spring update I don't think that's enough, for me at least.

Also, I want SRL back.

Everyone would rather see new stuff. But they're not going to give us legitimately new PvE content "for free" and if they were going to be selling this expansion for money IMO they would have started advertising it already. The new stuff is coming in the Fall 2016 expansion.

Edit: oh and a spring paid expansion would have been mentioned in the Activision conference call.

Bold One

Honestly, they are pretty different types of games. Not much from The Division would work well in destiny I guess. #1 for me is increased build variety. Right now, everybody uses pretty much the same setup in Destiny, which is a shame.

What I do not want is a dark zone type activity in Destiny. Someone else who is most likely better equipped and knows the game and map better than I do taking my loot sucks big time. This is actually my main complaint about The Division aside from human bullet sponges. Bullet sponges in Destiny work (for me) because they are aliens. I guess it makes sense it takes a huge amount of bullets to take down a huge ogre that is shooting energy balls at me. But a human enemy taking a grenade to the face and still having 70% health or getting nailed with entire clips without even flinching just seems off.

I still want The Division to do well, Bungie desperately needs competition. I guess I'll pick The Division up when we find out if there is more to endgame activities than the dark zone. I'd love some strike/nightfall/raid-type activities.

Thank you for replying,

I agree with you, while I liked what I played and there is a lot of things I would like Bungie to take from this but most importantly is the seamlessness of the world. No more jumping into orbit just load again to go somewhere else, please.

and dynamic weather...

I also agree, as much as I love Destiny, I want the Division to eat some of its lunch, Bungie have shown a staggering amount of complacency.

But for the division, I see what you mean, its much more tactical in nature and human bullet sponges seems to be the only remedy to increasing the difficulty.

But for me, after 4 hours or so of The Division, I just didnt feel special, the guns felt like your standard military fare, no classes to differentiate yourself from other Agents, no grand over-arching plot or mythos...and I dont like being stuck in New York's over-cluttered grid system of samey apartment blocks...

its a blast with friends, which is always a good thing

noomi

Also, I want SRL back.

I could see them making VoG and TDB relevant again with some new challenges, updated gear drops, tougher enemies...etc I think that might entice me to come back and play a bit here and there.

I had a decent amount of fun with the short time I spent with SRL and players really seemed to enjoy it.

Hedera

Everyone would rather see new stuff. But they're not going to give us legitimately new PvE content "for free" and if they were going to be selling this expansion for money IMO they would have started advertising it already. The new stuff is coming in the Fall 2016 expansion.

Edit: oh and a spring paid expansion would have been mentioned in the Activision conference call.
We did get SRL for free and that was entirely new, but of course the circumstances are a bit different. It was only available for 3 weeks whereas this update it's supposed to last until the next expansion. But yeah, I guess I'm too caught up on the word "new" they use. And the fact that I mainly play PVE makes me really wish that there would be more modes for it.

Auctopus

Made it to Rank 3 today and have my weeklies all done except Iron Gauntlet (Rank 4).

Might be on later but I don't know how much longer I can take this matchmaking/spawn locations.

Mindwipe

I could see them making VoG and TDB relevant again with some new challenges, updated gear drops, tougher enemies...etc I think that might entice me to come back and play a bit here and there.

I had a decent amount of fun with the short time I spent with SRL and players really seemed to enjoy it.

That plus some light relevant PoE with appropriate gear drops too I guess.

WeTeHa

Thank you for replying,

I agree with you, while I liked what I played and there is a lot of things I would like Bungie to take from this but most importantly is the seamlessness of the world. No more jumping into orbit just load again to go somewhere else, please.
and dynamic weather...
I also agree, as much as I love Destiny, I want the Division to eat some of its lunch, Bungie have shown a staggering amount of complacency.
But for the division, I see what you mean, its much more tactical in nature and human bullet sponges seems to be the only remedy to increasing the difficulty.
But for me, after 4 hours or so of The Division, I just didnt feel special, the guns felt like your standard military fare, no classes to differentiate yourself from other Agents, no grand over-arching plot or mythos...and I dont like being stuck in New York's over-cluttered grid system of samey apartment blocks...
its a blast with friends, which is always a good thing

I agree about stuff like seamlessness, loading times and dynamic weather and so on, but that's really a problem of destiny being on last gen. I'm seriously hoping bungie drops PS3 and 360 for destiny 2. I'm sure once they do we'll get closer to division in terms of technical things. Though with the way Destiny is set up (different planets/zones) we'll probably never get the seamless experience you see in The Division.

Edit: Looking at, for example, the spire on venus or the pendulums in the raid, bungies artists and world builders are incredibly talented. I'm really looking forward to what they can do when they are no longer restricted by last gen.

Hi guys, I'm noomi *waves* just picked up the game and something called the gajalagorn dropped from a nightfall and I'm wondering if it's any good?

He noobi, gjallarhorn is trash, too bad you didn't get a Hawkmoon.

Spring pve update sounds boring tbh. I rather not replay the same stuff I played a lot in year 1. Will wait and see what will happen in the fall.

C'mon rawr! We'll do flawless VoG once more. This time with swords!

clack clack clack

maomaoIYP

3 out of 3 games: got dumped into matches in progress where my side was getting steamrolled by a full party. Thanks bungie.

Edit: make that 4 out of 4. Seriously. Fuck. Off.

WipedOut

Haha that doesn't compare to RNG! You're the new PS4 RNGesus.

Again, I did not ask for this. It's that bungie RNG seed. They don't want me going back to xbox. ;)

Warning - Do not click on this Xplicit - Might cause Enrage.
Got Bittersteel at Rank 6, Revenant at Rank 8.

Xbox: I've never bothered with FWC
Capture.png

I agree about stuff like seamlessness, loading times and dynamic weather and so on, but that's really a problem of destiny being on last gen. I'm seriously hoping bungie drops PS3 and 360 for destiny 2. I'm sure once they do we'll get closer to division in terms of technical things. Though with the way Destiny is set up (different planets/zones) we'll probably never get the seamless experience you see in The Division.

Edit: Looking at, for example, the spire on venus or the pendulums in the raid, bungies artists and world builders are incredibly talented. I'm really looking forward to what they can do when they are no longer restricted by last gen.

That's why I'm encouraged about the delay of the true sequel a year. I really doubt they could have given us the next gen version of Destiny that we so badly need this year.

The flip side of that is that we likely get another Year like this one. :(

My Titan is 319 and I could infuse him to 320, but it'd be robbing my Warlock who only has one other 310+ helmet. As a matter of principle I won't take my characters to 320 or chase that nonsense.

Top Bottom