• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

ocean

Banned
This is the part where the dork with 1200 hours in the game says

What the heck does Tier 5 mean
The way Intellect, Discipline and Srrength work post Taken King is the following:

The cooldown is a fixed number of seconds. Your stat determines how fast your cooldown will be, and it's broken up in 5 Tiers. Every 60 STR or INT or DIS you have moves you up a tier and makes your cooldown quicker.

The quickest cooldown for your abilities is at Tier 5 (300). If you want to have your Warlock's Firebolt and Scorch Melee always at the ready, you want 300+ DIS and 300+ STR (this probably means 0 INT though).

We have one IB spot .. Ipitythafool32

Finally getting into the clash rythem, have to play a lot more cautiously due to all the camping, but have put together 3 straight games of 20+ kills

Iron domination done in first game lol

CcBmzO0UAAAyhCA.jpg:large

The way Intellect, Discipline and Srrength work post Taken King is the following:

The cooldown is a fixed number of seconds. Your stat determines how fast your cooldown will be, and it's broken up in 5 Tiers. Every 60 STR or INT or DIS you have moves you up a tier and makes your cooldown quicker.

The quickest cooldown for your abilities is at Tier 5 (300). If you want to have your Warlock's Firebolt and Scorch Melee always at the ready, you want 300+ DIS and 300+ STR (this probably means 0 INT though).

I've gotten Tier 5 for two stats while having one small point allocation to the third stat (e.g. 20 points from a Ghost). But you need very high light level gear to have enough overall stat points and you need to get lucky with the two Tier 5s hitting right near 300 points. If you have ~320 light gear and high stat rolls you can get at least ~660 total points so it might be possible to have T5/5/1 cooldowns but that sounds like way more trouble than it's worth.

As a general rule if you want two Tier 5 abilities then every gear piece should definitely have those two stat rolls. It's also worth noting that each tier level gives a larger decrease in cooldown, i.e. from T1 to T2 might reduce ~5 seconds, then T2 to T3 reduces ~6 seconds etc.

Let me know if you do another newb raid soon. I have yet to run it (KF) and could use some better gear.

The best way to get a big light boost is tagging along for a Hard Challenge Mode, which is easy to do on Warpriest and Golgoroth CMs. It's mainly the Oryx fight that can be tough with even one severely under-leveled person, unless they're able to run the platforms.

I'm always up for helping newbie-friendly raids if there's enough interest. I always recommend running a raid on normal for your very first experience but it's not necessary (I just think it's more fun). We could also do a newbie friendly Warpriest CM sometime this week if people are looking to bump their light level. We should only take 2 newbies max otherwise it might be too tricky to clear the content.

#DemoteDrizzFromOPstatus

Kappa

Mutiny! Treason! Slander!
Nobody else wanted to do this OP crap anyway, lol.

Ramma2

Can someone explain how the Taken King expansion works for me? My son bought the Legendary Edition, installed it and used the code under his profile on the PS4. When I start the game, the title says Destiny The Taken King, but everything taken king related in mission select is locked out.

Is there actually any taken king content in the game without that code?

On that note I'm out, gonna go buy some chinese food~

GOOD GAMES KADEY DARKNYSS LIFE MUTEN

Remember, PREDICTABRO

(Also over those games I had a total of.....over 90 deaths.)

The fact that he even has to ask says it all. Thorn is objectively too strong.

Watch them bring that gun to Year 2, but leave Ghorn and Ice Breaker in the past.

They just need to remove the gun from the game, it doesn't matter how much lore is in that gun, the lore is really just killing me by 3 shots.

edukate

My 320 Hunter is 300+ int/disc (0 str) with a full void neuroghast set. He's my pride and joy :'(

Psn LuckyDoobage

Can someone explain how the Taken King expansion works for me? My son bought the Legendary Edition, installed it and used the code under his profile on the PS4. When I start the game, the title says Destiny The Taken King, but everything taken king related in mission select is locked out.

I'm not an expert on the various editions of Destiny, but the Taken King Legendary Edition should include all currently available content: vanilla Destiny, expansion 1 (The Dark Below), expansion 2 (House of Wolves) and The Taken King.

The only thing I can think is that either you haven't installed all the codes yet (I don't know how the Legendary Edition works in this regard) or you are trying to play on a different PSN account than the one that has access to Taken King. Are you playing on the same account that used the codes? As for the title screen, everyone gets the Taken King image, that doesn't relate to what content you can access. There isn't any Taken King content you could access without a code for TTK. Anyway, hope that helps!

Kyoufu

You guys are going overboard, the Thorn is perfectly balanced. THE most balanced gun in the game.

I don't think DoT effects from guns fit the definition of "balanced" in a game like Destiny where players have little health to begin with.

The DoT should be powerful but only take effect on minions of the Darkness.

You need to.play on the same machine your son has active as his primary. If its a secondary account. It needs to be primary for you to use the content on your profile.

Ramma2

You need to.play on the same machine your son has active as his primary. If its a secondary account. It needs to be primary for you to use the content on your profile.

I think that makes sense, so if I had used the code since the PS4 is my primary, we would both get the content.

I think that makes sense, so if I had used the code since the PS4 is my primary, we would both get the content.

Yes. As long as the acount that purchases the content is primary. All users on that machine can access the content. Its pretty easy. Just go to your sons profile. Activate as primary. Then you can use the content on your profile.

Top Bottom