• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

HoW left VoG, CE, and PoE relevant thanks to Etheric Light. Now we have one raid many people feel is not so hot. We had more fun strikes too, given how few of the most people's favorites are in the current rotation. We had REAL Nightfalls and Weeklies with actual rewards (and not ghosts or emotes or horn kits).

HoW was better in both PvE and PvP endgame. It's not even clooose.

Get out of my head, Frenden.

maomaoIYP

I need an Eyasluna with Braced Frace and Sureshot IS.

Something like this? I've had about a grand total of 6-8 eyaslunas, no rifled barrel drops but about half of them have braced frame.
LtDAk88.pngp

Frenden

Banned
Eya and Finnala without Rifled or Reinforced allowing it to hit the range cap of 62 feel better than most HCs, but not great.

I've sharded anything that didn't have a major range perk. HCs, largely, don't need stability.

th3dude

You know what really pisses me off about the state of PvP?

Primary weapons are useless. 80% of my deaths are from snipers or shotguns.

I want to use primaries so silly me getting sniped all the time.

Year 1 PvP was a lot more fun, I miss my thorn and shotgun and all the fast paced action that came with them.
Thorn slows the game down though. Getting shot by it takes a player out of the game until the DoT stops and shields start recovering like 3 seconds later. It's a matter of perspective.

Frenden

Banned
Literally the perfect Roll, who needs range when you have Rangefinder AND Hidden Hand.

Rangefinder won't hit the range cap of 62. A perfect roll would be Rangefinder, Rifled/Reinforced, Hidden Hand. At least in terms of mitigating RNG bullet bloom.

I have a Sureshot, Rifled or Reinforced, and Hidden Hand and it's the closest to a Y1 HC I've used in Y2.

AJHk2Kh.png

If it had Rangefinder instead of Underdog, it'd be perfect. But this is the closest to perfect I've gotten after four Byronics, several Uffern, a half dozen Vanity, five or six Finnala, and four Eyasluna.

Y2 loot too stingy.

Rehsa

Any trains with an open spot? These randos killin me. Also just finished the shotgun part of Chaperone this last match from 55% lol

maomaoIYP

Eya and Finnala without Rifled or Reinforced allowing it to hit the range cap of 62 feel better than most HCs, but not great.

I've sharded anything that didn't have a major range perk. HCs, largely, don't need stability.

I'm actually not even sure legendary HCs have a place anymore. Other than TLW, none of the HCs even compare.

My favorite legendary HC that I still have is a simple Down and Doubt, LiTC, rifled barrel, outlaw, but then again, there's really no reason to use it ever.

Frenden

Banned
A Finnala or Eyasluna at range cap feels like old HCs used to with fewer instances of bloom RNG. I was eating up MIDA users at close range this week and competing at medium range. They have a place, but it's totally dependent on a god roll.

Without the range cap, they feel like crap. So disappointing.

SpecX

I'm actually not even sure legendary HCs have a place anymore. Other than TLW, none of the HCs even compare.

My favorite legendary HC that I still have is a simple Down and Doubt, LiTC, rifled barrel, outlaw, but then again, there's really no reason to use it ever.
I have yet to use HC after they nerfed them to hell except the occasional use of TLW in PvP. It's funny since my most used weapon stats wise is still HC even with the drop off in use for them which shows I played way more Y1 than Y2 so far.

You know what really pisses me off about the state of PvP?

Primary weapons are useless. 80% of my deaths are from snipers or shotguns.

I want to use primaries so silly me getting sniped all the time.

I went into IB earlier with Hawkmoon. 23 kills: 18 with Hawkmoon, 1 with grenade and 4 with super. Didn't even pick up special or heavy even once. Find a primary that works for you and put it to use. Use snipers to body shot and finish off with primary.

I like my Finala's Peril with RF, Outlaw and Hidden hand.

Tried using a Revelator with Hot swap, RF and Hidden hand but the slow RoF doesn't work for me.

Having some fun in the Iron Banner event this time. Got a silly no scope that I'd like to share with everyone. Take a gander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOlGQO0TTLA

Nice, but can you no-scope a blade dancer? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFbTW2OsHgs

The "A Scent is the Key" calcified fragment will be the death of me.

If you're on PS4 I can help you out with the chest..

Revelator is the fastest RoF, like Thorn and Water Star.

I gotta give Hawkmoon another shot. I haven't since the HC rebuff and the HM double nerf.

Oh yeah I meant slower TTK. Using more shots to kill with a lower impact HC didn't work for me cause just like TLW, shots would disappear into thin air. Even with Hawkmoon I see a few phantom bullets.

Frenden

Banned
Oh yeah I meant slower TTK. Using more shots to kill with a lower impact HC didn't work for me cause just like TLW, shots would disappear into thin air. Even with Hawkmoon I see a few phantom bullets.

It has the fastest ttk... IF you can hit two headshots and a body. I find Revelator does pretty good at getting crits--it has 90 AA stock.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2210820429

It's an acquired taste for sure, but I've ridden the Revelator to the lighthouse. But after getting an Eyasluna that can more reliably kill (if not kill AS fast if you hit those headshots with a Revelator), I haven't looked back.

NeOak

Yo dude, I was lurking for awhile during the stream. Thanks for setting that up, it looked really slick. From the matches I saw it seemed like you guys were mostly facing American players. Were the connections pretty decent in your experience?
No problem. I wanted to set it up when we did Trials but I couldn't at the time.

Yes, we matched mostly people from the US. One match I think we got people from Puerto Rico, but one in 3 hours is fine. Never felt laggy for anyone in the fireteam AFAIK, except for one or two obvious lagswitchers.

Also, the latest firmware really improved it. I don't have to babysit it anymore.

I'll play again tomorrow and stream too.

It has the fastest ttk... IF you can hit two headshots and a body. I find Revelator does pretty good at getting crits--it has 90 AA stock.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2210820429

It's an acquired taste for sure, but I've ridden the Revelator to the lighthouse. But after getting an Eyasluna that can more reliably kill (if not kill AS fast if you hit those headshots with a Revelator), I haven't looked back.

I'll give it another shot, but nothing can compare to Hawkmoon. Hoping to get a decent roll on the Eyasluna sometime. Was going the crucible nightfall bounties in the hope of getting one, all I get are friking ghost shells :(

Oh nicely done. I am not worthy

No scoped 2 blade dancers last week in trials, the firefly explosion from headshot were awesome. I see a bladedance, I move back, ads and snipe once then quick scope / no scope for the killing blow. Can be done on hammer bros, stormcallers and bladedancers. Best is when you can pull off a headshot as soon as someone pops the super. Imagine how it would feel to activate super and get one-shot instantly. :p

phen0m24

Who's Dawn?

rawksaur
works at Bungie
super cool with contagious giggle

Random girl streamer.
almost Oakie

i think she works for bungie
bravo

Dawn is playing with Gen e us, the one that beat nami and i, damnit! I'm still salty even though we play him better than most other teams.

same clan bruh

Yo dude, I was lurking for awhile during the stream. Thanks for setting that up, it looked really slick. From the matches I saw it seemed like you guys were mostly facing American players. Were the connections pretty decent in your experience?

In dawn's stream she was using a sword Drizz, so this was a mandatory link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJq5OrsuxZ0

I too miss the HoW endgame, but more specially PvP. Hated Thorn but it was just that much more satisfying for me when I cut duty Thorn users down with TLW. As for PvE, I don't particular enjoy PoE or KF. Wish HoW would've brought a raid but not one that has us stand in a bubble and shoot or stand on this circle and shoot or stand in this puddle and shoot. Horizontal progression being a legit thing during HoW is a big reason I miss it.

Me too man, me too

Frenden

Banned
I'm calling it early tonight, but am game for Trials all day Saturday if anyone is looking for a regular 3rd. I'd like to try and get a regular group together for the long haul.

Same goes for PvE. I need a reset group. My old PvE group is AWOL.

Top Bottom