• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Deku Tree

Who are these reset raiders of which you speak? We still run them every week, usually the only DGAF'ers online at the time lol

edit: I just spent 80 minutes doing the Daily because I wanted to hang out in VoG, especially the "future portal" at the end which you usually don't have time to appreciate.

Even 1-2 months ago, there Used to be 3-4 team doing reset raids on my FL when I woke up in the morning on Tuesday... now it's just your crew.

WipedOut

Who are these reset raiders of which you speak? We still run them every week, usually the only DGAF'ers online at the time lol

edit: I just spent 80 minutes doing the Daily because I wanted to hang out in VoG, especially the "future portal" at the end which you usually don't have time to appreciate.
Join us for retro raid night tomorrow then lol.

I miss having a set raid and NF group every week. Has bad as Crota was it was great catching up with everyone. (For TDB I had a non GAF group until they all got crux's)

Pretty sure Stabbie has been streaming reset raid archives.

haha good point, who could tell the difference after all? Same shit every time.

Even 1-2 months ago, there Used to be 3-4 team doing reset raids on my FL when I woke up in the morning on Tuesday... now it's just your crew.

we are the 1% of the 1% of the 1% ;_;

I've missed two weeks in the ~16 months since YzenUp and myself started the reset raid group. It's always been a nice part of my weekly routine and I'll keep doing it if there are enough good folks to fill out the group. Never really been about the loot/progression, more so the social time playing a fun game.

Auctopus

Join us for retro raid night tomorrow then lol.

What time is the retro raid? I'm on EU time but I'll free on the weekdn so might be able to stay up or wake up early to join in.

I still haven't done a Raid yet despite being more than ready.

Edit: Nevermind, got confused with Newbie raid.

Namikaze1

This weekend though.. That damn dirty ape is travelling because its his birthday (who cares right) so i lost my trials partner ( ._.)

(._. )

;_;

Just kidding, you gotta enjoy this weekend buddy! 31 years is quite the number :)
Ape's birthday is this weekend?!

Mine is next weekend.

phen0m24

Drizz are you around tonight or tomorrow? Our buddy j00zt1n is wanting to do wp and enjoyed our crew. I blame wiped and his knight callouts. :p

Crap sorry dp

DeviantBoi

I got this IB Sniper last month. Is it better than the one that Saladin is selling?

Weyloran's March
Life Support | Explosive Rounds/Snapshot/Casket Mag | Hidden Hand

phen0m24

Triplewreck is cool although his stream has those annoying popups. The more low key streamers are all pretty chill, nghtly, aegabriel, gene etc
Yeah true but his outlook on the game similar to ours.

Nghtly, gene I've watched - should check out Gabriel.

I now more hang with the beaches crew in their stream chats. They're fun. KobaKiju, megasean, rawksaur, ely, cthulu, amina, prunzey, etc. Funny peeps.

This weekend though.. That damn dirty ape is travelling because its his birthday (who cares right) so i lost my trials partner ( ._.)

(._. )

;_;

Just kidding, you gotta enjoy this weekend buddy! 31 years is quite the number :)

Haha. Aww. I'll be around tonight, in the morning tomorrow, and then probably Monday night again.

Ape's birthday is this weekend?!

Mine is next weekend.

Yessir! Happy Early BIRFDAY buddy.

So, during IB yesterday, I used my Titan a lot and messed around with Sunbreaker. That class has seemingly nothing worthwhile anymore. Does anyone even use it for competitive PvP still? The best thing I could find was doing double fusion nades(scumbag I know) with simmering flames.

Namikaze1

Haha. Aww. I'll be around tonight, in the morning tomorrow, and then probably Monday night again.

Yessir! Happy Early BIRFDAY buddy.

So, during IB yesterday, I used my Titan a lot and messed around with Sunbreaker. That class has seemingly nothing worthwhile anymore. Does anyone even use it for competitive PvP still? The best thing I could find was doing double fusion nades(scumbag I know) with simmering flames.
Happy early birthday to you!

I used my Titan yesterday and it felt like I haven't played as her in a long ass while. I forgot how fast they are. Anyway, I still use Sunbreaker. Can't for the life of me go back to using Striker.

Kyoufu

I used my Titan yesterday. Felt like I haven't played as her in a long ass while. I forgot how fast they are. Anyway, I still use Sunbreaker. Can't for the life of me go back to using Striker.

Striker buffs were really nice tho!

Storm Fist does a ton of damage and max armor means fusion grenades can't kill you at full health!

I used my Titan yesterday. Felt like I haven't played as her in a long ass while. I forgot how fast they are. Anyway, I still use Sunbreaker. Can't for the life of me go back to using Striker.

What setup are you using?

Forgemaster + Explosive Pyre + Cauterize???

I treid Suncharge. It was too inconsistent for me. I usually only got one kill from it.

Scorched Earth seemed good in theory, but because of the decreased hammers + needing to find enemies I barely got to use three and it never seemed to kill anymore.

Maybe because I never use Sunbreaker I am just not good with the hammers. Plus, people don't run from you anymore, they just team shoot you to death lol

Drizz are you around tonight or tomorrow? Our buddy j00zt1n is wanting to do wp and enjoyed our crew. I blame wiped and his knight callouts. :p

Crap sorry dp

Yeah I should be around either night. Happy to help, just let me know when. Probably won't be playing Destiny otherwise but just shoot me a PM or something if you have a time lined up.

Finally finished my unimpressive, scrubby PvP montage.

https://youtu.be/Vsv4FXIcqtU

With brief guest appearances by Wicked and Drizzay.

I would love to hear Drizzay's reaction to being killed that way lol.

Dat ending

Macello: Hey Drizzay, can you please help me try to get Icon his first Y2 flawless? It would really mean a lot!
Drizzay: Sure, let's go for it! **proceeds to try super hard**
Macello: On second thought let me shoulder charge you into sniper lanes so you die and we end up losing this sweaty ass game then lose a 2nd sweaty game against pro players once we hit 7-0 thereby failing the Mercury trip.

I think I blacked out from rage at the time but it's safe to assume my reaction wasn't super enthusiastic. We can laugh about it now though :p

So, during IB yesterday, I used my Titan a lot and messed around with Sunbreaker. That class has seemingly nothing worthwhile anymore. Does anyone even use it for competitive PvP still?

FrostBolt from the Primal clan was the main competitive Sunbreaker but he's long since had to drop it for Striker. He stuck with it for a bit after the patch dropped, but they just nerfed it too hard and hammers are super unreliable now. He mains Titan, and there's no question Striker is the best subclass. He's been considering a switch to either Nightstalker or Voidwalker to help his team be more competitive.

Namikaze1

What setup are you using?

Forgemaster + Explosive Pyre + Cauterize???

I treid Suncharge. It was too inconsistent for me. I usually only got one kill from it.

Scorched Earth seemed good in theory, but because of the decreased hammers + needing to find enemies I barely got to use three and it never seemed to kill anymore.

Maybe because I never use Sunbreaker I am just not good with the hammers. Plus, people don't run from you anymore, they just team shoot you to death lol
Forgemaster + Flameseeker + Cauterize

Not a fan of Suncharge and Scorched Earth is best paired with Fire Keeper but I like Forgemaster + Cauterize more so I rarely use that pairing.

Macello: Hey Drizzay, can you please help me try to get Icon his first Y2 flawless? It would really mean a lot!
Drizzay: Sure, let's go for it! **proceeds to try super hard**
Macello: On second thought let me shoulder charge you into sniper lanes so you die and we end up losing this sweaty ass game then lose a 2nd sweaty game against pro players once we hit 7-0 thereby failing the Mercury trip.

I think I blacked out from rage at the time but it's safe to assume my reaction wasn't super enthusiastic. We can laugh about it now though :p
Honestly did not realize that I could pinch you in the wall and send you flying. That being said, it was funny as hell.

Also, I fixed the annotations in the video.

And DestinyTheGame just tweeted it!

Finally got a Sniper to drop, it rolled with Shortgaze, I got excited, then the rest was bad :(

Underdog
Perfect Balance/Injection Mold/Smallbore
Mulligan

Can get some pretty high stability on it, might be able to do quick double body shot or something(most likely just dismantle).

WipedOut

Wiped take notes for us

Say hi to goth lol

https://twitter.com/InsideDestiny/status/702964262935912448

Drizzy you guys must finish so fast that I didn't notice. I thought there was a disbanding
ashamed

Will not be going to that, that is not in the direction of the beach. I will be feasting on nachos and margaritas in the opposite direction of that cess pool of humanity (Mostly just Broman)

What time is the retro raid? I'm on EU time but I'll free on the weekdn so might be able to stay up or wake up early to join in.

I still haven't done a Raid yet despite being more than ready.

Edit: Nevermind, got confused with Newbie raid.

If it's anything like last time we will start about 9pm eastern with VoG. If you're still up at that time you're more than welcome to join us for a run.

stay gold

I need 1 test weapon to start The First Curse quest and all I have left is the 3 putrid crucible options he's brought this week. Am cry.

Finally got a Sniper to drop, it rolled with Shortgaze, I got excited, then the rest was bad :(

Underdog
Perfect Balance/Injection Mold/Smallbore
Mulligan

Can get some pretty high stability on it, might be able to do quick double body shot or something(most likely just dismantle).

finally got one as well. slr-10 and ambush/grenadier/rifled barrel/unflinching

not done grinding for the perfect drop but this thing is definitely legit

Top Bottom