• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

The refer a friend stuff? What you mean?

I bought the Destibt bundle in December but I'm doing TTK mission 1 until now.

I think the time limit is two weeks or something after buying ttk. Basically though Bungie started offering cosmetic rewards for players who referred a friend into getting ttk. The player who refers the new player then does a couple specific activities with that player and both players get the rewards. Don't worry about it though because the rewards aren't anything important and don't look all that great. Someone else could probably better explain it.

Itching to get back on for some IB action but gotta go to a bday dinner for my brother-in-law. Anyways just wanted to send a late shoutout to all the guys whom I shared an IB train with earlier today. So many faces but thanks again everyone. You know who you are.

#SoM4Lyfe

If only you would show up for Trials once...

Rehsa

Well I decided to switch to my Warlock after hitting rank 2, second game I finished top score, something I can't seem to do on my hunter and Titan as they still have the bounty from last time lol

NeOak

Screw yo rockets, dawg.

giphy.gif

1KYS?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Played my first two IB games, got high score on both, two wins and finished all three dailies. When did I get any good at PvP? I had 2.2+ KDR on both. Whoever is snazzy something or other, I'm on to you and your doctrine.

Iron Banner Scrubtacular with 4 of us (2 spots open):

Dan is here so be prepared for talks about Politics, apple vs android, etc.

twitch.tv/xplicit_one

Rehsa

Thanks for the games guys, sorry I had to bail like that. Man playing with you guys though, brings out the pros and I get rekt :/

Xur's offerings:

Ruin Wings
Mask of Third Man
Light Beyond Nemesis
Truth

Legacy Heavy engram

PSA: Daily story is Paradox if anyone needs the ghosts for the NTTE quest.

I started playing Destiny like 3 weeks ago, but don't own TTK, only the first two DLCs in the Expansion Pass. Am I eligible to being referred? I'm looking for a cheap DLC code for TTK while I complete the content I already own. I completed the main storyline and the first DLC, now playing through the second.

You'll be eligible when you buy TTK - refer a friend will be valid for 7 days after you login for the first time to TTK.

Light Beyond Nemesis seems decent for Trials.

Just reading up about this quest. Does grabbing the Cult Ghost start it or do I need to start it before I do the Daily?

All fast revive armor (LBN and Hunter/Titan Crest of Alpha Lupis) is excellent for Trials, best-in-slot. Every Trials team should have at least 2 fast revive armors imo.

All fast revive armor (LBN and Hunter/Titan Crest of Alpha Lupis) is excellent for Trials, best-in-slot. Every Trials team should have at least 2 fast revive armors imo.

Warlocks need an alpha lupi as well. Hunters and Titans get Angel of Mercy or grenade kills towards super energy. Yet another example of Bungie favouring other classes.

Trials rewards this weekend should be Helmet (anything but INT/Disc please) and the fusion rifle. Rotating maps would be nice so i don't fall into a coma after 3 games

maomaoIYP

Warlocks need an alpha lupi as well. Hunters and Titans get Angel of Mercy or grenade kills towards super energy. Yet another example of Bungie favouring other classes.

Trials rewards this weekend should be Helmet (anything but INT/Disc please) and the fusion rifle. Rotating maps would be nice so i don't fall into a coma after 3 games
Are you gonna be up for reset trials?

Hedera

Description says: "Thought we formed the Banner to fight the Darkness, not ourselves. Just don't bode well, s'all I'm sayin'." — Gheleon

Found this while messing in CoO and thought it was appropriate to share considering it's IB week.

Gheleon sounds like a PVE type guy :p

Ryan_

hi guys

I am tempted to start playing Destiny since it's only 46 euro for the whole package.
That being said, I have three quick questions:

- Is it a good time to start with the game? Or is it the end of a certain loot/content cycle?
- Is it more beneficial to use the boost to get to 25 or start from scratch
- Is there a dedicated EU GAF clan? I saw the list of clans in the OT but not sure which one would be the best to apply for.

Thanks!

All toons rank 5
Warlock - hakoons hatchet at 311. Sure shot, rodeo, hand loaded, 3rd eye

Hunter - 316 boots. Int and strenght.

Titan - 316 colovance duty. Triple tap, explosive rounds, braced frame,rifled barrel, guerrila fighter.

Plenty of ghosts also dropping now

hi guys

I am tempted to start playing Destiny since it's only 46 euro for the whole package.
That being said, I have three quick questions:

- Is it a good time to start with the game? Or is it the end of a certain loot/content cycle?
- Is it more beneficial to use the boost to get to 25 or start from scratch
- Is there a dedicated EU GAF clan? I saw the list of clans in the OT but not sure which one would be the best to apply for.

Thanks!

It is a good time. For new players, there is lots of loot to obtain

If you are planning on running more than one char, then i would use the spark just so you can level that character quickly, therefore allowing for you to participate on more high end activities

Plenty of Europe based players on the forum. You will always get simeone to help out

Im in the UK. Add me as friend and i will give you a hand if im free
Psn same as GAF name (if you are on psn)

phen0m24

Yeah she's a mod for gene's channel. I went into his channel and saw that due to that talk about gene and nami's match. Twilight is dad so drizz is the other one that played with her afaik.

Yeah was chatting with the beaches last night. Gene so cool. I said "nami was very excited about the triple tether" and Gene was like "Yeah man that was a good one!"

Good morning folks!

Speaking of the tether-er

:)

WipedOut

I'm calling it early tonight, but am game for Trials all day Saturday if anyone is looking for a regular 3rd. I'd like to try and get a regular group together for the long haul.

Same goes for PvE. I need a reset group. My old PvE group is AWOL.
Can count on me at least for the PVE side of things, never seem to raid with the same group twice.

phen0m24

Can count on me at least for the PVE side of things, never seem to raid with the same group twice.

Dude raiding is a free for all until new ones come out. Even the reset raiders broke up. I think the HD guys still run them (regularly) but other than them....

Namikaze1

My raiding crew is dead. :(

Todd's the only one who still plays Destiny from time to time though just PvP stuff. Math got back recently only to leave after like 3 days.

phen0m24

Get your hot pipin' Knights Mr. Anderson.

yeah man, Justin wants to do Warpriest on 3 characters this weekend, so....

My raiding crew is dead. :(

Todd's the only one who still plays Destiny from time to time though just PvP stuff. Math got back recently only to leave after like 3 days.

Yeah man, I miss Afro's laugh, Fig just being Fig, and the TG - haven't really played with math

But super Tahd is still here at least for Shock CIty

WipedOut

yeah man, Justin wants to do Warpriest on 3 characters this weekend, so....

Yeah man, I miss Afro's laugh, Fig just being Fig, and the TG - haven't really played with math

But super Tahd is still here at least for Shock CIty
Let me know when and I'll help out again, I call middle though.

Hey Wiped! Are we doing retro raid night tomorrow? You can count me in if so. And dibs on the Icebreaker this time. ;-)
Yep, will start gathering the list together tomorrow. x3 VoG and Crota again. I still need to get timebreaker, vex and crux.

Dude raiding is a free for all until new ones come out. Even the reset raiders broke up. I think the HD guys still run them (regularly) but other than them....

Who are these reset raiders of which you speak? We still run them every week, usually the only DGAF'ers online at the time lol

edit: I just spent 80 minutes doing the Daily because I wanted to hang out in VoG, especially the "future portal" at the end which you usually don't have time to appreciate.

Top Bottom